Sponsored

Help! Does anyone know this 2015 Race Red Roush Mustang?

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
Hmmmmmmmmmm … again with the dealer deceptions. There are a few bags of crap 💩 on here that will jump in and defend dealers. There’s just no defense here, but these Goobers will try 😡.
Sponsored

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Ford definitely made them. Starting with the 2.3L Focus RS engines. IIRC, I thought I read an article about all the 2.3L engines becoming closed deck blocks. I think it was a running production change, but I could be wrong. Maybe it was the 2.0 engines?

2.3L closed deck blocks are readily available;

It is possible that the OP has a 2.3L engine in his car.
From the mountuneusa link: "Each short block starts off as a brand new aluminum Ford Focus RS open deck engine block..."

Open deck for better cooling, efficiency, etc... Ford wasn't planning ahead for us folks to try and squeeze much more out of them. 😉

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Hmmmmmmmmmm … again with the dealer deceptions. There are a few bags of crap 💩 on here that will jump in and defend dealers. There’s just no defense here, but these Goobers will try 😡.
This is indefensible and I seriously doubt anyone would try.

If it could be proven that this dealer either performed this BS repair himself or knowingly passed it along to a consumer he’d stand a good chance of losing his license, and rightfully so. This is nothing more than outright fraud and Georgia hasn’t put up with this crap since the ‘80s when chop shops were operating.

I mean if we’re being honest here, by the time he gets it totally right the OP isn’t too far from a rolling total. That ain’t right.

OP
OP

gvincent1209

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
So, OP, going back to your first post. Where is the oil leak from? If it's a valve cover gasket, sensor, turbo line or something else attached to the engine it may not be that difficult to fix. You also mentioned that the engine had several other issues. Like what and how many have you been able to resolve. How many/ what is left.

FWIW you will for sure never get a Ford dealer to touch it. You'll either need a good independent shop willing to chance working on it or do it all yourself.
I seem to remember there being a mustang performance shop up that way somewhere but can't remember the name.
Short of doing everything yourself I don't you'll find an inexpensive way to get where you want to be.
So I was told by one shop that it was leaking from around the timing cover but like I mentioned they don't want to touch it. The motor has days where it won't idle and the check engine light is on with a code that says a cylinder 1 misfire at 1k rpm. The issues I fixed were the fuel line somehow wasn't connected and literally leaked fuel out and then some other stuff that is normal for a car this age. The car has a battery drain that I've isolated to one circuit but can't identify exactly what it is so it just continues to be an issue and there are a few little things that don't work on the car.. Again, the car actually has been reliable and hasn't died on me but also feels like I'm driving a ticking time bomb. Anyway, I've considered fixing it myself but also I'm not a mechanic and this might be beyond what I should be diving into.. I wish I could find someone local that would be able to just swap out the block with a built one.

Sponsored

OP
OP

gvincent1209

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
This is indefensible and I seriously doubt anyone would try.

If it could be proven that this dealer either performed this BS repair himself or knowingly passed it along to a consumer he’d stand a good chance of losing his license, and rightfully so. This is nothing more than outright fraud and Georgia hasn’t put up with this crap since the ‘80s when chop shops were operating.

I mean if we’re being honest here, by the time he gets it totally right the OP isn’t too far from a rolling total. That ain’t right.
We filed multiple complaints - one with the BBB and another with the consumer protection group in Georgia. They pretty much told me thanks for letting us know - we will not be getting back with you and if there is any follow up we'll let you know. My guess is they don't do anything.

OP
OP

gvincent1209

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
just bring money. :) I posted names of shops local to Tampa
Thanks. I called Ramsey's. Going to chat with the owner Tuesday to talk options and cost. Thanks!!

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
We filed multiple complaints - one with the BBB and another with the consumer protection group in Georgia. They pretty much told me thanks for letting us know - we will not be getting back with you and if there is any follow up we'll let you know. My guess is they don't do anything.
Gerry, you might want to also consider the Georgia Used Car Licensing Board (whatever it’s actual name is) and the Governor’s Office of Consumer Affairs. If you stay hard on their azz I can’t imagine this being allowed to stand.

The BBB is a joke.

Good luck!

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Get rid of that thing as soon as possible.
Even if it means you end up in a Japanese compact car.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Gerry, you might want to also consider the Georgia Used Car Licensing Board (whatever it’s actual name is) and the Governor’s Office of Consumer Affairs. If you stay hard on their azz I can’t imagine this being allowed to stand.

The BBB is a joke.

Good luck!
Living in Georgia I, sadly, have my doubts anything will be done no matter who you complain to. I'd still do it though. Perhaps one of the local TV consumer advocates might listen?
If you go to the dealer website and read the 1 star reviews you'll see this has been their method of operating for 7-8 years.
I don't like to generalize too much, even about car dealers. Call me crap if you want. But these people do seem to be the poster child for sleeze ball used car dealers.

Sponsored

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
I don't have anything to add other then this whole thing really sucks. Unless you can afford a new car you really are taking your chances, even when buying through a dealer. Good luck to you sir.

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Fascinating story. Curious though, what would motivate a grift like this? Even if the goal was to sell the 2.3 ecoboost engine for profit, why not just sell this Fusion engine, if it wasn't costly to put in the Roush? Sure mileage is a factor but are people really lining up to buy 2.3Ls?

Only thought I have is this was a more valuable 5.0, and they took the engine to sell off separately. Then they said it was an 2.3 ecoboost as it's clearly not a 5.0 under the hood anymore, if there was.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I would do absolutely nothing to that car. You will take a steep hit when you trade it in because of the engine that you have to disclose. I would trade it in take the hit and use the money on hand to offset
sorry for the hijack. Do you have to disclose? I mean. Ethics wise probably. But legally? I know with houses you do but cars?

when I trade in my 2019 with a roush p2 kit do I have to tell the dealer the engine was replaced by Ford at 22,000 miles? And I paid because they voided my warranty?

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
sorry for the hijack. Do you have to disclose? I mean. Ethics wise probably. But legally? I know with houses you do but cars?

when I trade in my 2019 with a roush p2 kit do I have to tell the dealer the engine was replaced by Ford at 22,000 miles? And I paid because they voided my warranty?
Op stated what happened. Dealership didn’t disclose and they where taken to court and the dealership lost. They had to fork out money. In the same manner the dealership can come after someone who doesn’t disclose that they know the engine isn’t what’s supposed to be in the car. The dealership will lose money they can’t get back. You’re misrepresenting what you’re trading in and you have knowledge. It’s like trading in a C6 ZO6 with a 6.0L instead of a 7.0.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE

In Georgia, as far as I'm aware, the only thing a dealer is required to report is damage to a new vehicle over a certain dollar threshold. So I guess legally, other than that, the answer is no.
To your specific situation, if Ford did the engine replacement, asking Ford would show that.
Ethically, well you've probably heard the saying "Integrity is what you do when no one is watching". What's your Integrity worth to you?
Sponsored