Sponsored

Help! Does anyone know this 2015 Race Red Roush Mustang?

OP
OP

gvincent1209

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Lawyers took half?

What?

I‘m no lawyer either, but now that you obviously know about the problem you cannot sell, trade or otherwise lay it off on some unsuspecting person or dealer without exposing yourself to civil jeopardy. You gotta disclose it.
Agree with you to some degree hence the reason I can probably only trade it in to a dealer. They may just turn around and sell at auction and it's basically how this dealer got their hands on it.
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
It is not enough to put a new motor in. The lawyers took half because it was a settlement and the laywer fee was $4k. To go to court would of taken years. Anyway, I don't know exactly what was done to this car hence the reason I'm trying to find out the history on it.
$4k is damn near enough to get a motor. I'd be looking in that direction.

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Well....tell us.

How much did you get? Was it enough to put a clean, low mileage 2.3T in it?

I'm intrigued about the closed deck block. I am given to understand that 2.3s had both open and closed deck designs, based on changes made to the block.
I don't think so... if there was a closed deck 2.3 to drop in, everybody wanting more power and reliability would be doing it. Most commonly talked about, closed deck option is a modified 2.0, often from the Fusions, I believe.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I don't think so... if there was a closed deck 2.3 to drop in, everybody wanting more power and reliability would be doing it. Most commonly talked about, closed deck option is a modified 2.0, often from the Fusions, I believe.
Ford definitely made them. Starting with the 2.3L Focus RS engines. IIRC, I thought I read an article about all the 2.3L engines becoming closed deck blocks. I think it was a running production change, but I could be wrong. Maybe it was the 2.0 engines?

2.3L closed deck blocks are readily available;

It is possible that the OP has a 2.3L engine in his car.

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
Please post the name of the SCUM BAG, POS Dealer so everyone can be forewarned… ?

Sponsored

OP
OP

gvincent1209

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
Please post the name of the SCUM BAG, POS Dealer so everyone can be forewarned… ?
Versatile Collections in Alpharetta, GA. They were complete aholes over this. They ignored me and basically forced my hand to contact an attorney.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Ford definitely made them. Starting with the 2.3L Focus RS engines. IIRC, I thought I read an article about all the 2.3L engines becoming closed deck blocks. I think it was a running production change, but I could be wrong. Maybe it was the 2.0 engines?

2.3L closed deck blocks are readily available;

It is possible that the OP has a 2.3L engine in his car.
Yeah, I don't think Ford has made a closed deck 2.3. The closed decks that you linked to are all with aftermarket reinforcement plates installed. The OP stated that he has a 100k+ salvage engine so pretty unlikely it's a 2.3 closed deck.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
So, OP, going back to your first post. Where is the oil leak from? If it's a valve cover gasket, sensor, turbo line or something else attached to the engine it may not be that difficult to fix. You also mentioned that the engine had several other issues. Like what and how many have you been able to resolve. How many/ what is left.

FWIW you will for sure never get a Ford dealer to touch it. You'll either need a good independent shop willing to chance working on it or do it all yourself.
I seem to remember there being a mustang performance shop up that way somewhere but can't remember the name.
Short of doing everything yourself I don't you'll find an inexpensive way to get where you want to be.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Yeah, I don't think Ford has made a closed deck 2.3. The closed decks that you linked to are all with aftermarket reinforcement plates installed. The OP stated that he has a 100k+ salvage engine so pretty unlikely it's a 2.3 closed deck.
I must be confused with the 2.0L engines. Totally wrong.

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Damn that sucks. It sounds like you got fleeced twice: by the dealer and then again by the lawyers.

Dump it or swap a motor in and keep it. A new motor and mounts will make it like it should be.

Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but I wouldn't keep this as-is long term. If you like the car, start saving now.

Sponsored
OP
OP

gvincent1209

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
Damn that sucks. It sounds like you got fleeced twice: by the dealer and then again by the lawyers.

Dump it or swap a motor in and keep it. A new motor and mounts will make it like it should be.

Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but I wouldn't keep this as-is long term. If you like the car, start saving now.

For sure, I did - twice. I do like the car but with all these issues and unknowns it just doesn't seem smart to keep it but also trading it in isn't so easy right? As others pointed out, ethically I should disclose the motor issue. Again, no easy answer and all options are costly.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10/23 Mach1 A10/23 Mach1 6MT/24 GT A10
So, OP, going back to your first post. Where is the oil leak from? If it's a valve cover gasket, sensor, turbo line or something else attached to the engine it may not be that difficult to fix. You also mentioned that the engine had several other issues. Like what and how many have you been able to resolve. How many/ what is left.

FWIW you will for sure never get a Ford dealer to touch it. You'll either need a good independent shop willing to chance working on it or do it all yourself.
I seem to remember there being a mustang performance shop up that way somewhere but can't remember the name.
Short of doing everything yourself I don't you'll find an inexpensive way to get where you want to be.
Apologizing in advance for the minor derail, if anybody knows of a decent Mustang shop in that area (or anywhere even remotely close) I’d sure appreciate knowing about it. They used to be on every other street corner but now not so much.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
, if anybody knows of a decent Mustang shop in that area (or anywhere even remotely close
Coastal Chassis and Dyno.
Ramsey's Performance.
All American Street car or something like that.

One of the forum vendors is across the water near the drag strip.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
I would do absolutely nothing to that car. You will take a steep hit when you trade it in because of the engine that you have to disclose. I would trade it in take the hit and use the money on hand to offset
Sponsored