Sponsored

Help! Does anyone know this 2015 Race Red Roush Mustang?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
sorry for the hijack. Do you have to disclose? I mean. Ethics wise probably. But legally? I know with houses you do but cars?

when I trade in my 2019 with a roush p2 kit do I have to tell the dealer the engine was replaced by Ford at 22,000 miles? And I paid because they voided my warranty?
Legally no. It's the buyer's responsibility to examine the car in detail. And it's also on them as a commercial, licensed entity to disclose everything to a consumer or get taken to court. If the buyer was a dealership the rules are different and recourse more difficult.

The rules for auction are likely far less onerous, but that's why prices are much less. And as wall st loves to do, packaging dog shit and selling to fellow traders aka sophisticated counterparties is perfectly legal. If you get screwed because you didn't examine the deal, too damn bad.
Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
What's your Integrity worth to you?
Iā€™m not saying I would do it. Karma is a bitch and would probably run over my dogma.

I was just questioning the legal obligation for the consumer to disclose it

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Iā€™m not saying I would do it. Karma is a bitch and would probably run over my dogma.

I was just questioning the legal obligation for the consumer to disclose it
You take a car in, and they look it over. They make the offer. They're the "experts," right? And, they're probably hosing you (or trying to) on the new car price, unnecessary fees, financing, paint protection, gap insurance, etc... as well as whatever low-ball offer they just gave you for your trade. It's a dog eat dogma world.

OP
OP

gvincent1209

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
sorry for the hijack. Do you have to disclose? I mean. Ethics wise probably. But legally? I know with houses you do but cars?

when I trade in my 2019 with a roush p2 kit do I have to tell the dealer the engine was replaced by Ford at 22,000 miles? And I paid because they voided my warranty?
I agree with you. Ethically sure, legally I'm not so sure. My brother used to be a dealer and he said just trade it in. After inspection if they decide they can't retail it - it goes to auction anyway.

OP
OP

gvincent1209

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
You take a car in, and they look it over. They make the offer. They're the "experts," right? And, they're probably hosing you (or trying to) on the new car price, unnecessary fees, financing, paint protection, gap insurance, etc... as well as whatever low-ball offer they just gave you for your trade. It's a dog eat dogma world.
Well said my friend! If I wasn't building a house it would already be gone. The timing of all this is putting me in a pickle.

Sponsored

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Well said my friend! If I wasn't building a house it would already be gone. The timing of all this is putting me in a pickle.
No, it's not. You're in no pickle except that which you create for yourself.

It's a car. It's running fine, nothing is wrong with it. Just go on with like.

OP
OP

gvincent1209

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
This is probably a long shot but does anyone know this car? I bought it from a dealer in Georgia who did not disclose that this car does not have the original motor. It is supposed to have the 2.3l ecoboost with 28k miles but it actually has a 2.0 block out of a 2015 ford fusion that may have had 138k miles. And I know that this could have been done intentionally because of the closed deck but I was told by 2 mechanics that the motor came out of a salvage yard and the other issue is that the motor has an oil leak, and no one will touch it because of the weld that was done to get a bolt into the block from the motor mount. The car has quite a few issues and I've tried to tune it and fix what I can, but my issue is not knowing what is in the car. Will it keep running? Was the motor from a salvage yard but then rebuilt? Was it just slapped into the car to sell it? I highly expected the car to die on me but it hasn't yet!

Any help would be appreciated. Would just love to find out if anyone out there knows this car and what the history is on it.

The car fax says the car was located in Arizona, Virginia and Hawaii.

20220810_131815.jpg

20230109_172950.jpg

20230109_172931.jpg
Unless your pictures are taken in really bad lighting, pretty sure thatā€™s Competition Orange not Race Red.

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost

Yeah, when life gives you pickles, make... pickle-ade! šŸ˜²šŸ˜

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec

Itā€˜s a pickle if you think it is, as you say in your very post.

It would be for me too. More power to you if you can minimize and ignore the problem but I donā€™t think most people have your mental ability or could think ā€œnothing is wrong with itā€.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
....It is supposed to have the 2.3l ecoboost with 28k miles but it actually has a 2.0 block out of a 2015 ford fusion that may have had 138k miles. And I know that this could have been done intentionally because of the closed deck but I was told by 2 mechanics that the motor came out of a salvage yard and the other issue is that the motor has an oil leak, and no one will touch it because of the weld that was done to get a bolt into the block from the motor mount. The car has quite a few issues and I've tried to tune it and fix what I can, but my issue is not knowing what is in the car. Will it keep running? Was the motor from a salvage yard but then rebuilt? Was it just slapped into the car to sell it?
Please help me out here, because I'm confused.

If the case has already been tried, and you got $8K (of which the lawyer took 1/2), why are you asking what engine is in the car? If it will keep running? If it was salvaged?

In the first part of your about post, you're stating that "it actually has a 2.0 block out of a 2015 ford fusion that may have had 138k miles". But then later you're asking what is in the car. If it will keep running. If it was salvaged.

What do you actually know? And how do you know it? And how would the cylinder head from a 2.3L fit onto the block of a 2.0 properly? How would the boost be correct and the car run if it was .3L off in displacement? How do you know it has a closed deck block if no one wants to touch it?

So I was told by one shop that it was leaking from around the timing cover but like I mentioned they don't want to touch it. The motor has days where it won't idle and the check engine light is on with a code that says a cylinder 1 misfire at 1k rpm........I wish I could find someone local that would be able to just swap out the block with a built one.
Dude....this isn't rocket science. Try moving the coil (and separately) the plug from cylinder 1, to cylinder 2. CAREFULLY, don't mess up any threads. And see if the misfire follows. Maybe it's as simple as a new coil or plugs. I really see no reason to believe that you need a new engine at this point, nor do I see any concrete proof that the engine is a 2.0L instead of a 2.3L.

Can you explain to us precisely what you factually know about the engine, and how you know it?

Give us a starting point of facts to help you.

Last edited:

Aks550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ak
Vehicle(s)
2023 s550
Thanks for that link. I was really discouraged from going the ford oem route because a ford dealer here gave me a $13k-$15k quote for everything new which is crazy.
Sell it. Dont bother to sink more money into it. That's the main reason i do not buy used cars in this kind of category. I buy new. If i want to fool around i buy salavged, if i lose money its only couple thousands....

OP
OP

gvincent1209

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
Please help me out here, because I'm confused.

If the case has already been tried, and you got $8K (of which the lawyer took 1/2), why are you asking what engine is in the car? If it will keep running? If it was salvaged?

In the first part of your about post, you're stating that "it actually has a 2.0 block out of a 2015 ford fusion that may have had 138k miles". But then later you're asking what is in the car. If it will keep running. If it was salvaged.

What do you actually know? And how do you know it? And how would the cylinder head from a 2.3L fit onto the block of a 2.0 properly? How would the boost be correct and the car run if it was .3L off in displacement? How do you know it has a closed deck block if no one wants to touch it?

Dude....this isn't rocket science. Try moving the coil (and separately) the plug from cylinder 1, to cylinder 2. CAREFULLY, don't mess up any threads. And see if the misfire follows. Maybe it's as simple as a new coil or plugs. I really see no reason to believe that you need a new engine at this point, nor do I see any concrete proof that the engine is a 2.0L instead of a 2.3L.

Can you explain to us precisely what you factually know about the engine, and how you know it?

Give us a starting point of facts to help you.
I know it is the wrong engine because the motor mounts don't line up ( see pic ) and there is an oil leak near that area. I know it is a 2015 ford fusion block because of the serial numbers pulled off of the block. I also know I started this thread looking for anyone who knows "factually" anything about the car, not for advice on what to do but here we are. Not sure why you expect me know any more than that when I didn't put the block in the car.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I know it is the wrong engine because the motor mounts don't line up (see pic) and there is an oil leak near that area. I know it is a 2015 ford fusion block because of the serial numbers pulled off of the block.
How did you verify the block is from a 2015 Fusion? Did you figure that out yourself through Google or something? Are you just trusting what someone else told you?

The mount bolt doesn't mean anything, there could be another explanation for that. And "there is an oil leak near that area" doesn't make any sense.

You said it was a "closed deck", how do you know that?
Sponsored