Hellloooooo A10. Why didn't I upgrade sooner

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
If it was my exclusive daily I could see the advantages of the auto. I get a lot of calls and texts and even at a light, it's a bear with a stick. I'm lucky that I've got a light clutch feel and it's a 2nd car but driving to work in bumper to bumper I am sure would get old fast
Sponsored

Iconicgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I can see the preference for either. I went manual. Iā€™m reliving my youth. I wanted a muscle car and this was as close and best option for me. I donā€™t dd it, itā€™s all for fun.

Juantrickpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
15GTPP
If you want a fast automatic just get a Tesla. I kid I kid.

Nice purchase OP. Canā€™t go wrong with Race Red no matter which transmission. :thumbsup:

Personally, I still prefer my millennial anti-theft device.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Dude, it's driving, not a profound religious experience. I've owned and driven manual cars. I think you're putting way to much thought into this.
I love all the zen Buddha bullshit involved with pushing in a clutch and throwing a gear shifter. Itā€™s like surfing. Itā€™s a way of life man.:crazy:

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I love all the zen Buddha bullshit involved with pushing in a clutch and throwing a gear shifter. Itā€™s like surfing. Itā€™s a way of life man.:crazy:
LOL šŸ˜€

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Dude, it's driving, not a profound religious experience. I've owned and driven manual cars. I think you're putting way to much thought into this.
For us older guys who have witnessed more profound improvements over our automotive history, Iā€™d argue that today youā€™d be correct in thinking of a car as more of an appliance.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
For us older guys who have witnessed more profound improvements over our automotive history, Iā€™d argue that today youā€™d be correct in thinking of a car as more of an appliance.
I am an older guy (77), been driving manual transmissions for 62 years. I can take it or leave it, the thrill is long gone. I will always love a good handling and performing car, but the transmission just doesn't matter any more, I'll take whatever is fastest.... except for CVT (hate them).

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Dude, that transcendent state of "oneness" with the car when you nail the perfect downshift. It's like an orgasm for your Chakra.
Yea baby.

FE7B16E1-3F6E-499E-9532-AFD517AAC1AC.gif

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I am an older guy (77), been driving manual transmissions for 62 years. I can take it or leave it, the thrill is long gone. I will always love a good handling and performing car, but the transmission just doesn't matter any more, I'll take whatever is fastest.... except for CVT (hate them).
The majority of us are older guys on this forum. The majority have also driving a ton of manuals over the years. Iā€™m with you I donā€™t get what the big deal is? But Im happy they still make them for the crowd that thinks itā€™s a big deal.

Last edited:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I'm 32 and I just associate the manual bro talk with all the boy racers I encountered in my early 20's. The kind of guys who think they drive a racecar because their Prelude had an "upgraded clutch". No, you broke the clutch doing burnouts in the Wawa parking lot. It's not upgraded, you replaced it with the cheapest parts you could find at Autozone.
I was a boy racer in my early 40s with a SRT-4.:cwl:

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

That's is so frigging funny, I fell down ...........absolutely GREAT!!!!

booked marked it for the future too much

OP
OP
therod785

therod785

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What has this thread become ??!???!?11!!!mmm?!?!?eleven??!?!?!11

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Mikthehun1,

If you go on the Camaro6G forum, it seems GM's A8 auto has been a corporate nightmare.

It's a shame since I like all muscle cars, just hate it that after nearly 100 years GM can't figure out the basics.

The Big3 has had their equal share of goof-ups.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
After 30 years of manuals this was me. I was sitting in traffic for the 40000 time and the constant shift shift shift clutch clutch clutch. I was IM done automatic here I come. and honestly Im not sure why I didnt sooner. I use to repair computers and it like trying to get someone to upgrade to a new O.S. they are so accustomed to the old they totally write off the new ā€¦. well the new autos are amazballs.
Sponsored