Sponsored

Header Coatings

tuf50L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order pending
I'm curious why so many people are picking Pacemaker headers?
I know the table below is marketing but Ramjet seem to be the best buy on the market for RHD.

rex-headers-6.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I'm curious why so many people are picking Pacemaker headers?
I know the table below is marketing but Ramjet seem to be the best buy on the market for RHD.

rex-headers-6.png
Well after a bit of talking around I would say yes, that the Ramjet's comparison chart is certainly a bit of one eyed marketing. I am not saying that they are not a great header but in the end I have pulled the trigger on Pacemaker. They are mild steel, tuned length, and importantly made in Australia not China.
https://pacemaker.com.au/products/ph-4178-2015-2023-ford-mustang-rhd?variant=43837278126337

OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
With having selected my mild steel headers I have been looking at various ceramic coatings for them. At @WD Pro suggestion I checked out Zircotec's pricing. They gave me a price to coat them in the UK and freight back to me in Aus. I declined once I saw the total pricing. It may or may not have been the best coating but I let my enquiries drop when I decided not to go that way.
Anyhow I have opted for a base coat of unpolished Cermakrome https://techlinecoatings.com.au/product/cermakrome-mcx/
followed by a top coat of Cerakote in their burnt bronze. https://www.cerakote.com/shop/cerakote-coating/C-148/burnt-bronze
The base Cermakrome is oven baked and the top coat of Cerakote is air cured.
Photos of finished product will come at fitting time.

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
I have a 2018 GT and I am planning on getting long tube headers soon. I have been researching ceramic coatings and have come down to either Cermakrome which is a polished chrome look or Turbo x which comes in either black or blue. Turbo x seems to have the edge in reducing under hood temperatures but I like the visual of the chrome Cermkrome. My decision might end up being based on whether the headers are visible in the engine bay(I don't use an engine cover). Can anyone who has done the chrome headers let me know.
I have 2 S550’s. Both with Whipple’s and ARH headers. One I had the chrome look ceramic coating done on, and that car has noticeably less under hood heat.

OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I have 2 S550’s. Both with Whipple’s and ARH headers. One I had the chrome look ceramic coating done on, and that car has noticeably less under hood heat.
That sounds reassuring Jason. Seeing that I am going double coat with the two products maybe I will end up with extra low temps. Time will tell.
Something that has come up in question is the longevity of the coatings. I have been told 2 to 5 years. How is your's going.

Sponsored

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
That sounds reassuring Jason. Seeing that I am going double coat with the two products maybe I will end up with extra low temps. Time will tell.
Something that has come up in question is the longevity of the coatings. I have been told 2 to 5 years. How is your's going.
Mine is about 2 1/2 years, but only about 10k miles but still looks like the day I installed the headers. Had I known how much it helped with temps, I would have done the ones on my GT350 as well.

Reactions: PKs

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Although I have nothing definitive, I'm reasonably sure that under like for like driving conditions, my diff runs cooler now the pipes that wrap around it are coated.

The only reasons I can't say for sure are :

A) I'm only trusting the accuracy of the gauge on the digi dash.
B) I didn't do any controlled before / after recordings.
C) My diff temp sensor was changed at the same time i.e. that might have introduced a difference when compared to the old sensor.

Sustained high temps might not make as much of a difference (and I can't really prove that either way on a public road), but the rate the diff starts to build temp when you first start to hoon around is definitely significantly reduced.

WD :like:
Sponsored

Reactions: PKs