Sponsored

Has anyone removed a CFTP wing mount yet?

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
So then if the bracket CF why paint it? Thats like the fiasco of the carbon fiber wheels on the 350 that were paint black.

And KB gotta say not lovin this avatar, she looks way to weird and disporpotionate. I swipe left. :D

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So then if the bracket CF why paint it? Thats like the fiasco of the carbon fiber wheels on the 350 that were paint black.

And KB gotta say not lovin this avatar, she looks way to weird and disporpotionate. I swipe left. :D
Yes, I agree. He should go back to his previous avatar. I can't imagine the jungle under that outfit.

Its probably not cosmetic CF weave. By having exposed CF the price of something goes up, because it becomes a cosmetic item as well as structural. There can be cosmetic imperfections that can be painted over, but it would still be a structurally sound mount.

That is of course if the mount is indeed CF

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Chopped and formed CF, like a chicken nugget....

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Chopped and formed CF, like a chicken nugget....
Yes, just like fiberglass. I used to use chopped glass to fill certain kinds of surfboard repairs.

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I agree. He should go back to his previous avatar. I can't imagine the jungle under that outfit.

Its probably not cosmetic CF weave. By having exposed CF the price of something goes up, because it becomes a cosmetic item as well as structural. There can be cosmetic imperfections that can be painted over, but it would still be a structurally sound mount.

That is of course if the mount is indeed CF
So far its pointing that way from all the looks of it, even KB pictures show even though painted hints that its not metal.

And yeah KB's newest looks like it taped down, would be really scared what pops out :D
KB looks like your cutting corners on QC.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
So far its pointing that way from all the looks of it, even KB pictures show even though painted hints that its not metal.

And yeah KB's newest looks like it taped down, would be really scared what pops out :D
KB looks like your cutting corners on QC.
I'll have an answer for you soon. Sit tight.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
No rush just messing with you, damn lighten up bub, life too short.
I'm ok. I was thinking the same about you, lol

If it was an emergency, I could have called over to the body shop and asked.

I didn't know if you were holding off for something else.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I'm ok. I was thinking the same about you, lol

If it was an emergency, I could have called over to the body shop and asked.

I didn't know if you were holding off for something else.
Nah I'm actually good until spring. I am getting the wing in Dec, and it clearly wont be worked on until spring because I dont want the paint to have any issues. I just like getting everything ready ahead of time.

What am I missing, dude?
Well you new Avatar is much better than that other thing you had plastered for our poor eyes that couldn't look away like in the seinfeld skit with chest hair :D

Um... the chick is lacking?
Yes this new one is better, at least they are proportionate and I wont drown holding on to her.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Well you new Avatar is much better than that other thing you had plastered for our poor eyes that couldn't look away like in the seinfeld skit with chest hair
Bitch, bitch, bitch. :-)
Sponsored