Sponsored

Handling

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
It will NEVER feel like a Miata or be that BRZ, RX-7 kind of fun. It's fun, but totally different. Definitely much more muscle car while much less "connected" than those others.
haven't heard of any probs with IRS bracing. definitely helps plant the rear to transfer more of the power to the street, especially on cornering . i went with Ford track springs, Bilstein dampers and
Steeda bracing and sways on a PP1 setup. great street setup. tires and light wheels first part of any handling package...? i think so
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
haven't heard of any probs with IRS bracing. definitely helps plant the rear to transfer more of the power to the street, especially on cornering . i went with Ford track springs, Bilstein dampers and
Steeda bracing and sways on a PP1 setup. great street setup.
++ on the Bilstein.

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
++ on the Bilstein.
yes. first had them on a Roush converted 98 cobra...part of a handling package they offered.
again, great street shocks, tuned specifically for each vehicle. prefer adjustable for track

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
surprised no one really mentions Steeda IRS braces which work so well with Steeda K Brace.
highly recommend dw
I have full length Jacking rails so I can't fit the IRS braces on my car. But they look cool from what I have read BMR CB762 works with full length jacking rails as well so probably will get that instead.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I have full length Jacking rails so I can't fit the IRS braces on my car. But they look cool from what I have read BMR CB762 works with full length jacking rails as well so probably will get that instead.
just cut your jacking rails shorter. I mixed and match Steeda braces and BMR jacking rails. Not a good idea. but some surgery with a chop saw and the problem was solved.

Sponsored

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
It will NEVER feel like a Miata or be that BRZ, RX-7 kind of fun. It's fun, but totally different. Definitely much more muscle car while much less "connected" than those others.
the mustang fun is after dancing with some of the Bumble Bees for a few corners, you go to throttle on exit to a straight and leave the buzzing behind...

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
the mustang fun is after dancing with some of the Bumble Bees for a few corners, you go to throttle on exit to a straight and leave the buzzing behind...
sure, but I live for the corners so I throttle down on straights. Plus it gives the motor an opportunity to cool off a little bit.

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
The Steeda jacking rails work with the Steeda IRS braces - it's an additional investment to what you have but figured I'd let you know just in case ...

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Miata's are go-karts. Mustangs are tough cars.

Drive it. Learn it. Live it. Love it.

Be patient and mod it if need be, but remember to be smart with your hard earned.

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
sure, but I live for the corners so I throttle down on straights. Plus it gives the motor an opportunity to cool off a little bit.
You’re referring to…in slow, out fast?. As i tell new track drivers…anyone can step on the gas, it’ s usually more about braking
that defines ability

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You’re referring to…in slow, out fast?
basically yes.

Eg. Summit Point T10 I'll accelerate all the way thru the curve, long before pit out I'll fetch 6th gear and toodle the rest of the mile straight at buck-ten instead of keeping my foot planted in a quest for 150 before having to get on the binders. And while I drum my fingers on the steering wheel I can grab a drink and scratch my ass.

I'm a fan of no-brake drills where you do the entire lap in 3rd or 4th gear and you only get to use brakes lightly in T1 and T5. I also try to practice the principle of ONE steering input into a corner. Then use throttle to push or pull on the trajectory. Not all corners are amenable to it but I think it's good practice and much preferable to sawing at the wheel.

IMO getting corner entry right is the most important part of driving.

SummitPoint_Main.gif

Last edited:

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
basically yes.

Eg. Summit Point T10 I'll accelerate all the way thru the curve, long before pit out I'll fetch 6th gear and toodle the rest of the mile straight at buck-ten instead of keeping my foot planted in a quest for 150 before having to get on the binders. And while I drum my fingers on the steering wheel I can grab a drink and scratch my ass.

I'm a fan of no-brake drills where you do the entire lap in 3rd or 4th gear and you only get to use brakes lightly in T1 and T5. I also try to practice the principle of ONE steering input into a corner. Then use throttle to push or pull on the trajectory. Not all corners are amenable to it but I think it's good practice and much preferable to sawing at the wheel.

IMO getting corner entry right is the most important part of driving.

SummitPoint_Main.gif
love it...track notes and everything! 5-6-7 looks like a set it/forget it maintenance throttle. love those. 3rd gear laps, no brake rolling exercises, etc all the above sounds good

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
love it...track notes and everything! 5-6-7 looks like a set it/forget it maintenance throttle. love those. 3rd gear laps, no brake rolling exercises, etc all the above sounds good
This is some next level part throttle racing right there :D