Handling pack questions

Jxp1962

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
So i am thinking of investing in a handling pack for my 2022 gt vert.
I see ford has a few, a track pack and street handling pack. I see that steeda has similar sets of handling packages…

my goal
A. Improve handling
B. Give the car the lowered look.
C. I will not be tracking the car, just enjoying the ride.

In getting one of the handling packages, do i need to do anything with the tires/wheels.

will the tires scrape when i go over bumps?

from looking on line the “kits” look like they cost 1700- 2000

id still like to keep the comfortable ride but want to improve the handling.

would i lose a lot of comfort with either the ford handling track package? Or since im not tracking just get the ford street handling pack? Or go with a comparable steeda kit?

the car is new and still under warranty so i would have no problem getting oem parts but if steeda offers a similar or better package, id go steeda.

does either kit lower more? Or less? And can i just get the kit or do i need to do other things to prevent tires from hitting/scraping?

any suggestions? Thanks
Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
So i am thinking of investing in a handling pack for my 2022 gt vert.
I see ford has a few, a track pack and street handling pack. I see that steeda has similar sets of handling packages…

my goal
A. Improve handling
B. Give the car the lowered look.
C. I will not be tracking the car, just enjoying the ride.

In getting one of the handling packages, do i need to do anything with the tires/wheels.

will the tires scrape when i go over bumps?

from looking on line the “kits” look like they cost 1700- 2000

id still like to keep the comfortable ride but want to improve the handling.

would i lose a lot of comfort with either the ford handling track package? Or since im not tracking just get the ford street handling pack? Or go with a comparable steeda kit?

the car is new and still under warranty so i would have no problem getting oem parts but if steeda offers a similar or better package, id go steeda.

does either kit lower more? Or less? And can i just get the kit or do i need to do other things to prevent tires from hitting/scraping?

any suggestions? Thanks
Everything in life is a trade off, and nowhere is it more evident than with cars. No free ride, so to speak.

You don’t track it so I’d guess that even stock the car’s capabilities outstrip your abilities and needs as a driver. At least mine sure do. I push my stock Mach 1s pretty hard on local N GA mountain roads and I don’t think I’d be one iota faster in a GT500. So really it pretty much comes down to looks and coolness (which are real factors.)

Anyway, to the point, my stock non-HP Machs already scrape sometimes in some places, so yeah, you lower your car you can expect some scraping.

My stock GT and Machs are really comfortable cars for me to drive, even with a bad back. I haven’t tried it, but it’s only logical that you can’t improve handling without sacrificing some amount of ride quality. Maybe an aftermarket Magneride kit would do it, if such a thing exists.

I can’t comment on tires and wheels; I often wonder the same thing myself. But there’s a ton of reading about it on these pages.

Only you can decide for yourself what compromises you can tolerate and obviously it‘s very subjective. Problem is of course, you won’t know until you’ve done it unless you are lucky enough to be able to drive somebody else‘s first.

Good luck, it’s a dilemma for sure!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
As I understand it, the FP Street kit is more or less the performance pack setup. Those that own or have owned the FP Track kit have said it’s a good balance of better handling but also good on the street for daily use. You probably don’t need the upgraded sway bars in the Track kit for street use. FP sells all the other parts of the kit on their own. Or you can buy the kit and sell the bars if you decide you don’t need them.

As mentioned above, unless you can drive a car with some of these things installed it’s really hard to make a decision on what to do. And everyone has different preferences too. I’d say the FP Track kit is a good place to start though and tweak from there if needed. I have driven a car with that kit installed, to me it’s a vast improvement over stock and should’ve come that way from factory. But that’s my taste and preference.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
FP track kit is nice. It still has a supple ride on all but the most broken pavement. Personally i'd like it a bit firmer. But it made a huge difference in taking away the wallowing whale feeling the car had stock. Keep in mind that it doesn't lower what it advertised in my experience, especially in the rear. It's a very mild, OEM+ lowering.. search threads on here and you'll see.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jxp1962

Jxp1962

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Pulled the trigger on the FP Track Handling pack…
Summit indicated they have some due in next month, ford performance, steeda, AM and most everywhere else i looked said they were all backordered… my car is cooped up till spring, so im ok if i do not see it until spring. I was planning to put some money into the car, either suspension/handling, or replacing the not so hot stereo….

handling won out over sound…. Excited for spring….
ill probably pay (dearly) to have this dealer installed - presuming they will install parts not purchased directly from them. If not ill get my local guy to do the install. I am sure it would be cheaper from my local guy, and i am sure they can do it. They just do not do alignments there so id have to take it elsewhere for the alignment after the kit was installed…

i am assuming i could drive it a bit after this was installed without the alignment done?
i mean just home - 25 miles and then to an alignment shop? Or would this not be recommended?

IMG_3345.png

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah you can drive it home and then to an alignment shop. Try not to drive like hundreds of miles, but 25 will be fine
Sponsored