OP
MrMike

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
no, kinda the opposite. The FP shocks should be nice. The cheap adjustables are not quite as smooth as the FP shocks (but its close). the advantage of adjustables is they can go stiffer on demand (with 5 min of turning knobs) when you want that. Doesnt sound like you’re ready for that tho.
Indeed, doesn't seem like I am there.

It sounds like the FP dampers are a safe purchase. I've yet to see anyone crap on them as too harsh, and they seem to be a viable choice for almost any spring I'd choose.
Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
By PP do you mean PP1 or PP2?

From my personal experience (not just mustangs) the oversteer might be the consequence of staggered setup and not being ab!le to rotate fronts vs rears (i.e. - mainta7n equivalent grip levels)

One has some inspired driving on a new set of tires and the car feeds back confidence. Then a year later another inspired driving experience with rears worn more that fronts might send back fairly unexpected results.
I was speaking PP1 on a square setup. Regardless, I know the difference between tire wear and car balance.

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base
I’m sneaking up on 16k miles in my ‘21 with BMR handling springs paired with bilsteins and BMW bump stops and white line bars.

I was worried about the spring rate for daily use but they really work well with the bilsteins. Not harsh not jarring.

I think this is an incredibly under appreciated combo, they’re just a little light on rate for the track but right on the edge for firmness on the street. The bilsteins do a very nice job soaking up high speed damping. They’re a hair light on damping at lower speed control with these rates. I wouldn’t pick this combo for race or TT if that’s all I was doing, but it’s a hard to beat dual purpose economic compromise.

and Pittsburgh had some pretty shitty roads

OP
OP
MrMike

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I got all my parts in. Wheels/Tires are a pretty big upgrade. Suspension goes on memorial day weekend.

IMG_8580.jpeg

IMG_8585.jpeg

IMG_8547.jpeg

OP
OP
MrMike

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This became a bit of a build log, but I got everything on last weekend and got an alignment.

IMG_8638.jpeg

IMG_8647.jpeg

The swaybar bolt under the alternator was a pain. The instructions for the toe bearing that say to use a 1 1/4" were wrong, I needed a 36mm to hit the sleeve perfectly. Aside from those two incidents, it went well. I followed some videos on YouTube, and just lowered the rear sub-frame one side at a time.

The car handles quite well. There is plenty of grip for me without tramlining. There is significantly less body roll with the sway bars set to their softest setting. There is no bounce, in exchange rough bumps are really felt. Smooth roads feel at least as smooth as they did before.

Most importantly, after my concerns earlier in the thread and with the other posters I found who did not have an even drop, my car dropped just fine in the rear.

IMG_8670.jpeg

Last edited:

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Yep. I was hoping for an easy button pre-assembled package but it may not exist any longer.

From what I've read, the GT350 springs should have no issues with travel or ride height since the drop is only 3/8". My only concern is the spring rate of the rears. Hopefully it's not too harsh.
Is your stang a magna ride car? Non-pp car??
Wondering, im looking to do GT350 install as well.
Thanks Anthony
Sponsored