Sponsored

Gt500 vs aston martin

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Now before you get heated based on the title hear me out. I'm a huge fan of gt cars. Big engines, 2 seats, lots of trunk space. In my opinion the best road trip car. You get to bring one person and a massive smile.

So I've always considered the Aston Martin to be sort of the ultimate gt car. However...and maybe I'm crazy, I'd take the gt500 over any current Aston and that's pretending money is no factor.

I know what you'll say, "uh noob the gt500 is a track car and the suspension isn't suited for long distance driving". Oh...well I don't care because I'd do it anyway lol.

So given the choice between any modern day Aston or the gt500 which would you prefer?

I was recently in death valley in my s550 gt and I met a cool guy in a new Aston , beautiful car and we had a lot of fun together but at the end of the day he was alot more worried about keeping his car pristine than I was. Kind of ruins the fun a bit.
Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
GT500 all the way.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
I bleed ford blue so my opinion is skewed way to much but it’s definitely the GT500

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
So I've always considered the Aston Martin to be sort of the ultimate gt car. However...and maybe I'm crazy, I'd take the gt500 over any current Aston and that's pretending money is no factor.

I was recently in death valley in my s550 gt and I met a cool guy in a new Aston , beautiful car and we had a lot of fun together but at the end of the day he was alot more worried about keeping his car pristine than I was. Kind of ruins the fun a bit.
I don't think these two things go together. If money is no object, it doesn't matter if the car stays pristine because you'd be able to repair or replace it no matter what. If it truly isn't a factor, I'd be going everywhere in a Valkyrie immediately.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Between any Aston and the GT500 with money no object the Valkyrie with the V12 would be my choice with no hesitation as well.

Even though I'm pretty sure it isn't street legal it would still be what I would want.

If money was an object, then GT500 for sure. In the real world it has what I want over most Aston Martins - more power and I expect it will be better on track than the street legal Astons.

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Agree! Other than us mustang guys no one else knows the difference from model to model. It's no different with the Camaro, most people see the SS as the same as the rs, zl1, l1e, or even the z28. The vette gets more confusing with the ltz million 1, 2 +3, z06 or wait z51 something or another or wait maybe it just a Grand Sport? Yes, this post is ment to be confusing!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Not a valid comparison. I wouldn't think of the 500 as a GT (grand touring car). I'm not saying you cant, however if I was off on a road trip in superior comfort and style, AM all the way. Also, FWIW, the magnaride in the 500 is essentially the same system that the GT350 used. Tune is different, however there was some aftermarket systems that enabled a much softer ride if that was what you are after. That is the beauty of a magnaride suspension, the range is almost infinite.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Aston no question, as Tom said it's an apples/oranges thing.

I sat in a DB11 last summer and it would be a great place to be for a long trip.

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
Drove an AM Vanquish V-12. Pure delight. I'm betting this GT get's real close for 1/3 the price. Now the smell of that AM leather is amazing.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Aston. Panties will be dropped.

05122909-web-v8-powered-db11-1_cover_1920x12804jpg_cover_1920x1280.jpg

GT500 will be a sausagefest everywhere you go.

:)
I wouldn't choose either based on what other people think. And I'm not a teenager trying to impress girls anymore. But I do agree with what you are saying that the Aston will be more of the gold digger's forte.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Lol, at this point, I have no one to impress but myself. To hell with purchasing anything based on what others think (but I do pay attention to reviews). Spend some time in an Aston and you'll want one.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I swore off Brittish-made vehicles decades ago. The current AM may be fantastic, but I'd never own one.

Taking a road trip in a muscle car, even one as allegedly docile as the GT-500 is said to be, would still not be near as comfortable as it would in a Gran Touring vehicle.
Sponsored