Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
Broken Mustang
Wow, the R is such a waste of money......

If you're going to stray off topic, at least know the facts.

OP - the carbon cleaning can be done at home by a moderately experienced DIY"er. It's a bit of work for sure. Did you already take delivery? You might be able to get them to do it beforehand. Some people have had luck getting it done under warranty by agreeing to pay for intake removal if carbon is not found...for the RS4, it's usually significant.

I'm due for a cleaning now. ;)
The R model would keep me looking over my shoulder in the parking lot to see who is stealing my CF wheels for $16k. I would think the non -R would be fine.
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Just another individual that is fixated on 0 to 60 times with no idea of the track difference between a base 350 and an R model.

After back to back runs in both cars it was very apparent to me that there was a significant difference with even the pro drivers admitting the same to me on various occasions.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow

Just another individual that is fixated on 0 to 60 times with no idea of the track difference between a base 350 and an R model.

After back to back runs in both cars it was very apparent to me that there was a significant difference with even the pro drivers admitting the same to me on various occasions.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
You say this, but put them on the same wheels and tires and tell me how much better the R is....

now is it $40K better? Thats what most people are facing unless they talk to a good dealer as soon as the allocation exists or even before then.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
You say this, but put them on the same wheels and tires and tell me how much better the R is....

now is it $40K better? Thats what most people are facing unless they talk to a good dealer as soon as the allocation exists or even before then.

The majority of R models are ordered with the Electronics Package therefore you are telling me that most people are purchasing their R models at $110,000?

Certainly not the case with any of my car buddies that I hang out with!

OP
OP
swedensky

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
.Did you already take delivery? You might be able to get them to do it beforehand. Some people have had luck getting it done under warranty by agreeing to pay for intake removal if carbon is not found...
I did. We took it on trade and I wasn't going g to let our shop perform anything on the car Lol!

I might try that. It's saying maintenance due when I start the car and it has Audi care so I can take the car in and maybe I'll ask while it's there for the carbon to be checked (at 25k miles I think it should be enough to clean it right?)

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I did. We took it on trade and I wasn't going g to let our shop perform anything on the car Lol!

I might try that. It's saying maintenance due when I start the car and it has Audi care so I can take the car in and maybe I'll ask while it's there for the carbon to be checked (at 25k miles I think it should be enough to clean it right?)
Yeah, that would be the low-end of needing a clean, I think. Some people say that they are tempted to do it every 10k but I personally don't know anyone who ACTUALLY does ;)

I'd tell them that it doesn't seem as peppy as you thought it should and that you learned about the carbon buildup from...maybe...another Audi dealer? :)

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Please start another thread.

habeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R

As Jeff mentioned, most AUDI dealers want a symptom associated so Audi oF America will accept the charge. Not as peppy is good place to start, better yet if it threw a CEL reporting misfires.
If I recall it's about 2 hours to remove and reinstall the intake manifold. Ideal if the tech has lots of experience with removal of the manifold to avoid pitfalls, like breaking the plastic actuator arm that control the flaps inside the manifold.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
As Jeff mentioned, most AUDI dealers want a symptom associated so Audi oF America will accept the charge. Not as peppy is good place to start, better yet if it threw a CEL reporting misfires.
If I recall it's about 2 hours to remove and reinstall the intake manifold. Ideal if the tech has lots of experience with removal of the manifold to avoid pitfalls, like breaking the plastic actuator arm that control the flaps inside the manifold.
Good point - you might need to get a little more specific with a symptom that could be related to carbon buildup. You did mention that it hesitates and sounds like it's pinging going uphill, right? ;)

OP
OP
swedensky

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
Good point - you might need to get a little more specific with a symptom that could be related to carbon buildup. You did mention that it hesitates and sounds like it's pinging going uphill, right? ;)
I also found a highly recommended Audi specific shop local to me. I will talk to them if all fails at Audi dealer. Thanks guys!

Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I also found a highly recommended Audi specific shop local to me. I will talk to them if all fails at Audi dealer. Thanks guys!
Dude, most importantly, where the hell are the pictures of the RS5!!! Beautiful cars, what color is it?

car crazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I'm a huge Audi fan and I've had too many Audis to list. I've had S and RS versions with a Stasis Audi mixed in (before Stasis went out of business). I just recently sold my Audi. This is the first time I don't have an Audi in my garage in 15 years. Make sure you are on both Audiworld and Audizine forums. Audiworld is a more mature audience while Audizine is a younger audience and more willing to mod their cars.

I sold my last remaining Audi because I found it too much of a compromise for this point in my life. If you have one car, they are fantastic. You get luxury, performance, touring, all wheel drive, and the best interior in the business. I saw Audi as good at everything and the master of nothing. As I acquire more "sports cars" which have a very specific focus and don't try to be all things, I felt I no longer needed a compromise car. I traded my last Audi for a "winter car". Audi was like a good all season tire while my current preference is to have summer tires for summer and winter tires for winter.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Awesome acquisition... congrats!

IMO doesn't need a comparison both the GT350 and RS5 are special cars

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
I had an '08 RS4. It was great DD. The understeer was annoying however. I also got tired of fighting with the Audi dealer over the DRC. They said that shocks 'sweating' hydraulic fluid was normal. That took a nasty gram to the regional rep to get covered. Then they wouldn't cover the carbon buildup removal unless I paid to remove the manifold to prove that the buildup was there. I thought that was BS, sold the RS4 and my wife's Q7 and moved on.

Had a 997.2 GT3 a few years afterward. Same thing with Porsche. They wouldn't fix the coolant lines that sometimes break and spew coolant all over the rear tires. And they decided to put the burden of replacing the center lock hubs periodically onto the shoulders of the owners. Sold it for more reasons than these but it didn't give me much faith in the company either. Both by the way are owned by VW.

Zee Germans are cheap asses and are too proud to admit fault. Their cars have gotten too expensive and I honestly don't feel that they are worth what they're charging anymore. A 911 used to be above all others in performance, reliability and resale. That is no longer the case.
Sponsored