GT350 vs ....

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
A 911 used to be above all others in performance, reliability and resale. That is no longer the case.
Actually, Porsche just landed 1st place (tied with Lexus) in reliability ratings for 2016. And the 911 Carrera S with "just" 420hp outlapped a GTR, Z28, and many more much more powerful, more track oriented, sports cars. It also bests a GT350R on skidpad grip with crappy P-Zero tires compared to race-like Cup 2's, and hits 0-60 in 3.2 seconds, mid 11's 1/4 mile, while also being a supreme GT car/easy to live with daily driver.

What more do you want? :lol:

IMO it still is the absolute king in terms of being able to excel at EVERYTHING, other than its price tag. But for that price, you get the best build quality in the world (for a mass produced vehicle) and a car that can do whatever you ask of it.
Sponsored

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
We've got 2 Audi's in the family. Most Audi owners go to the dealer to get repairs/maintenance done, that's why you won't see many threads out on Audizine, so you'll have to perform searches more thoroughly. If you perform work on the cars yourself, you obviously will save a bundle in ownership costs.

My 126K mile Audi that I bought new is absolutely solid and has no creaks or rattles like any GM or Ford that I've owned and the fit and finish is excellent, as is the paint. If you appreciate quality, you'll dig the RS5.

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Actually, Porsche just landed 1st place (tied with Lexus) in reliability ratings for 2016. And the 911 Carrera S with "just" 420hp outlapped a GTR, Z28, and many more much more powerful, more track oriented, sports cars. It also bests a GT350R on skidpad grip with crappy P-Zero tires compared to race-like Cup 2's, and hits 0-60 in 3.2 seconds, mid 11's 1/4 mile, while also being a supreme GT car/easy to live with daily driver.

What more do you want? :lol:

IMO it still is the absolute king in terms of being able to excel at EVERYTHING, other than its price tag. But for that price, you get the best build quality in the world (for a mass produced vehicle) and a car that can do whatever you ask of it.
I've had four 911's. They're great cars. I've just found that VW tries to weasel out of warranty more than they should, and they absolutely gouge their customers. Porsche is the most profitable car maker in the world for this reason. So yeah I pretty much want more than that. I don't want to get ripped off on literally every single part, service and denied warranty. Go take a look at Nick Murray's youtube channel and you'll see what Porsche is all about.

I used to be a Porsche/Audi/VW nut. After what happened to my GT350, and Ford standing by me, if it was Porsche there would be absolutely no way they would have done what Ford has done for me. That's the entire reason Porsche has the DME system, evidence in trying to blame the customer thereby weaseling out of warranty.

I just bought a Focus RS in December, have a Raptor being built, and my replacement GT350 is scheduled for March 10th. My dealer went to bat for me in a big way with my last GT350 and I have a great relationship with them. I've been treated the way Porsche/Audi should be treating their customers by both Ford and my dealer. I'm loyal to those who have integrity, especially these days :ford:
Sponsored