Sponsored

Gt350 or C8

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
At $60k base on the C8 it will be on almost every street corner.
My argument to this is just because it's a great value doesn't mean everyone can afford it. A used 458 Italia is a screaming deal right now. I can't afford one...

Also as we go along, there are STILL more and more people moving towards performance crossovers than even sports cars.
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Chevy is known for their small blocks so i'm not complaining about all of them but a pushrod V8 cannot hold a candle to the voodoo it's a pretty boring engine in my opinion 6500 redline is nothing to get excited about.
This is very true, HOWEVER, I think if Chevy geared that new transmission well, I think traversing through the gears could still be an exhilarating experience. Still though, there's nothing like downshifting a high revving V8 on the road course. Very satisfying.

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I can't fit my golf clubs and buggy in the C8. Fit great in the Stang. Ha ha ha....

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
im seriously considering a C8 when they come out.

HaleFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
If you are willing to wait, I would want to drive a C8, GT350R and GT500 to compare.

I'm really intrigued with the C8 and could see myself getting one someday, but it would only be in addition to what I already have. I wouldn't get rid of the GT350 because it brings it's own unique experience with the Voodoo and manual. I'm not interested in the first model year of the C8 either - I'll let the early adopters identify the bugs and soak up the ADMs.

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Another one of these threads.

Fpetro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Shelby gt350 Saleen S 281
C8, I’ll be trading in my 350. The 350 may be rare , but it sure as hell don’t get extra attention. To most it’s still a mustang.

My 05 Saleen focus gets more attention than my 350.

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Don't forget the rumored 5.5 FPC both in N/A and F/I variants for the C8. That makes the engine issue a moot point unless the C8 FPC is garbage, which should be hard since they likely are copying the Voodoo.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Get what you like best. I'd wait for the 2020 350R when doing your comparison to the 2020 C8. Not saying that anything may or may not be new but it's better to go in eyes wide open.

Sponsored

Nr.9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gt350 Stripeless Oxford White, Black Roof
It's a fantastic evolution from the C7.
I think if I was in the market for a GT500, I would think really hard about it.

I bought a GT350 not because it was the fastest car with the best performance metrics but because....

Screaming V8 with manual transmission!!!

This car exudes a lot of soul and character. This will be the last great, affordable, analog monster ever built with the ways car companies are rethinking electrification.

But with that being said...

If the C8 Z06 came with a manual....I would definitely lose some sleep!

Although that's a long time from now and life and summer are waay too short.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Fully unbias opinion coming here:

Back a few years ago I was planning on getting a C7 Z51. I had ZERO interest in the S550 Mustang because I didn't think it was a big enough leap forward from my S197. Then the GT350 was leaked. I threw that Stingray idea out the window harder and faster than a baseball. So here I am now with my GT350 and the C8 is announced. Here's the thing, I've always wanted a mid engine car (no MR2, smartasses lol). The C8 is ticking a lot of boxes. I'm planning on getting one. However I'm probably going to hold my horses for a bit and see what else comes out of it. I'd like to think a "Grand Sport" level car will eventually release. There's also a few other things that I'm struggling with. I'm not sure sure about that braking system. It's fly by wire. We still haven't seen any real prices, only know that it starts under $60,000 which could mean many things.

I love the interior. I think that big string of buttons is actually rather clever. I think the interior will be another step forward as it has been ever since the C5 to the C6 and C6 to the C7. The practicality I actually appreciate. I like the GM small block although I LOVE the Voodoo motor. That'll be a hard pill to swallow. Time will tell. I had high hopes for the GT350. I took a risk and ordered my GT350 the day the order banks opened and we still hadn't seen a real production ready model. I was pretty relieved that it was so good. Not sure if I'd do that again though.
Every new vette looks interesting to me ......and then I buy something else... I like the look of the new one but ill wait a year or 2 till they are being sold at a huge discount.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
C8, I’ll be trading in my 350. The 350 may be rare , but it sure as hell don’t get extra attention. To most it’s still a mustang.

I tend to disagree with this statement a tad bit. Most people who give me a thumbs up know exactly what it is when they see me driving my 350,. Either that or they stare at it for awhile trying to figure out what edition Mustang it is, realizing that it is indeed different. Is it still just a Mustang, yes, but I'm cool with that. I'm not one of those "my car is so special" kind of folks, but it is nice to have a car, at least in the Atlanta area, that you do not often see many of so it does garner a bit more attention in that respect. Had a Grandmother riding with her family in the back seat of a Taurus this weekend give me a thumbs up! Definitely put a smile on my face!.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
I've had 4 Mustangs and 1 Corvette. Odds are I won't be buying the C8. lol

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

I get a ton of attention and don’t want it. I’ve met some ladies that know what a Shelby is and the newer mustangs look odd...
Sponsored