Gt350 or C8

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
If there is ADM still on the 350 and none on the C8 , it's going to be hard for me to stay with a Mustang .
Sponsored

Fpetro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Shelby gt350 Saleen S 281
Guess it goes by where you live, on Long Island they are as common, not hellcat common but common.

As far as the c8, I would say most msrp deals are gone, and if you get on a list at Kerbeck or mac, your heading into 2121 territory now.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Guess it goes by where you live, on Long Island they are as common, not hellcat common but common.

As far as the c8, I would say most msrp deals are gone, and if you get on a list at Kerbeck or mac, your heading into 2121 territory now.
I doubt that. ;)

GCBC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT-350R & V12 Vanquish
I am ordering one. Really wanted to just buy a new 19 z06 but because of the C8 orders going to adjust C7Z values I didn't want to buy one at the completely wrong time so just put the C8 order in and got a 350R instead.
Would make a great daily driver/do it all car for pretty much anyone at ~80k OTD certainly a better car all around than a 20' M4.. and the cheapest you can possibly get into a 20' 992 Is ~128k.

I won't keep it more than a year or until the z06 is able to be ordered but I plan to drive the hell out of it to Walmart

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
If I didn’t have my R already, I would vote C8. The mid engine driving dynamics should be awesome.

Sponsored

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 2 / 2012 Audi R8
The Vette just like all other mid engine cars make for poor daily drivers.

If you already have a daily.....then buy what moves you the most.
Disagree, I DD’ed my Audi R8 for 3 years. Great experience. The vette is interesting for sure, and a great comparative value. Of course its a Chevy and will disintegrate by 30k miles. But, it’ll be a fun 30k miles.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Disagree, I DD’ed my Audi R8 for 3 years. Great experience. The vette is interesting for sure, and a great comparative value. Of course its a Chevy and will disintegrate by 30k miles. But, it’ll be a fun 30k miles.
You're one in a thousand with that opinion......but I say that as a good thing.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
You're one in a thousand with that opinion......but I say that as a good thing.
Make that two in a thousand.

I'm guessing you may have never owned a mid engine, or if you did, you did not fit comfortably in it.
I have sat in only a few mid engine cars that I can agree 100% that this is NOT a daily driver.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Having a 350 makes me biased but I’d still choose the Shelby due to the manual. That said I don’t like the Vette interior overall, they followed the current trend of not integrating the info screen into the dash. That isn’t an issue to the many thousands of car buyers that own cars like that but for me it’s a complete deal breaker as you see that every time you get behind the wheel. The Voodoo is special too in ways the Small Block never could be. Sounds so much better. I do think the C8 is very well styled and do like it but each one is a different type of design and I don’t really find them comparable. I bet the C8 will be an amazing drive though, Chevy definitely had to get it right with the big change in layout.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The main concern I have about mid-engine designs in general is that I'm not sure how much fun a mid-engine vehicle will be on the street. On the Porsche test drives I've done, I just haven't gotten the feeling of excitement I get from a front engine vehicle.

I think on track a mid-engine car could be amazing, but on the street it would be so hooked up that it might be bland/boring. Maybe not a concern for those that have enough money to buy a C8 as a track toy only, but I can't afford multiple new cars. Any car I own will be driven regularly, so it needs to be fun when used for commuting.

Sponsored

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Easy

GT350R: throwback to the 'classic' American style race car , Front engine, RWD , manual transmission but not too much HP for its platform

8th Gen Corvette: envelope pushing , modern day 21st century GT3/LMP feel on the street.

2 entirely different experiences..

best would be both! :)

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Or if we can ever get a motor from GM that revs to over 6500 and isn't rebranded a LT2 with probably about 2 changes and some calibration to bump the power to 495 then act like its a modern marvel of technology when in fact push rod tech is older than some senior citizens.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Or if we can ever get a motor from GM that revs to over 6500 and isn't rebranded a LT2 with probably about 2 changes and some calibration to bump the power to 495 then act like its a modern marvel of technology when in fact push rod tech is older than some senior citizens.
OHC is older lol

LT2 redlines at 6600, with peak power at 6350. 18+ GT makes peak power at 7k with a 7.5k redline, so technically the LT2 makes peak power closer to the redline. The GT350 makes peak power at 7500 RPM with a redline of 8250, even worse. Pretty impressive.
Sponsored