gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
OP starts thread by literally saying his mustang doesn't "feel that fast".

Then proceeds to put his fingers in his ears when members provide facts about the soft mid ranged GT350 and exactly how to make his current car "faster" than a GT350.

Here's a fun fact: The 2018 A10 base mustang GT is faster and quicker than a GT350 everyday of the week and 2x on Sunday--and has more torque down low--along with direct injection and a host of other improvements to the engine platform. It definitely "feels" faster. Ive driven both and own the 2018 GT.

No way on earth I'd burn $110k on a GT350 because I want my car to "feel" faster.

OP.. sounds like you have your mind made up.

Why did you start the thread?
Sponsored

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
OP starts thread by literally saying his mustang doesn't "feel that fast".

Then proceeds to put his fingers in his ears when members provide facts about the soft mid ranged GT350 and exactly how to make his current car "faster" than a GT350.

Here's a fun fact: The 2018 A10 base mustang GT is faster and quicker than a GT350 everyday of the week and 2x on Sunday--and has more torque down low--along with direct injection and a host of other improvements to the engine platform. It definitely "feels" faster. Ive driven both and own the 2018 GT.

No way on earth I'd burn $110k on a GT350 because I want my car to "feel" faster.

OP.. sounds like you have your mind made up.

Why did you start the thread?
What??

I never said I wanted to mod my car, this wasn't an option, i provided 3 cars to choose from. Ive given the reasons i don't want to significantly mod if you can read above and said its not just straight line speed. Also, again ive said above i don't want an auto. Please read before commenting

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I can't afford ÂŁ111k! Im looking at $110k
And the pound to dollar isn't helping right now. 1.28 a few days ago. I remember the 1.6 days where britts would come over here with empty suitcases. But I digress....

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Sorry, would never buy an Audi, not my kind of car.
I would never pay $110K for a Mustang. For that money I’m getting a 911. I have had 2 GT350’s and neither of them have any where near the build quality of my S3. If you don’t care about build quality (which is hard for me to comprehend at $110K), then I guess the GT350 makes sense......eh, who am I kidding? No it doesn’t.

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
honestly none of them, believe you can get a RS6 there and I'd be all over it. Can't get them in the states we only have rs7's which is in my garage as well ;-)
YES! I have an RS4 in my garage with the GT350.

Sorry, would never buy an Audi, not my kind of car.
BOO! LOL, I get it. I never thought I'd ever be happy in a Ford, but it is about driving experience, not the image.

As for "great sound" - go look at a B7 RS4 or the V8 version of a R8. It sounds just as good as the GT350, and revs almost as high (8000 rpm redline).

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Anyway, still not got an answer! ;)

GT350, 911 or Grand Sport?
GT350, of course :like:

For all the reasons you’ve listed @marks
I’d do what I could to drastically chop that $110K down as much as I could, though...

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I love how it's always the GT owners who feel most qualified to give opinions on the GT350/R's. That being said, as much as I love my car, for the $110k range I'd be looking at a GT3.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
What??

I never said I wanted to mod my car, this wasn't an option, i provided 3 cars to choose from. Ive given the reasons i don't want to significantly mod if you can read above and said its not just straight line speed. Also, again ive said above i don't want an auto. Please read before commenting
Uh huh. I'll read before I comment just as soon as you think before you create a nonsensical thread.

I love how it's always the GT owners who feel most qualified to give opinions on the GT350/R's. That being said, as much as I love my car, for the $110k range I'd be looking at a GT3.
So... after a back-handed comment about GT owners, you agree.

LOL... gotta love it.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
As much as I enjoy my Mustang GT, it just doesn't feel that fast.

So I'm thinking of importing a GT350 to the UK (if I can get hold of one) for approximately ÂŁ85k or $110k dollars. Anyone who has a GT350, how do they think it compares to say a standard Porsche 911 (similar price in UK)? Or go for a Corvette Grand Sport for around ÂŁ76k ($98k) and bank the difference?

Be interesting to hear your thoughts
Obviously a big difference in all around performance between a Mustang GT and a GT350/R and suggest that you will be presently surprised between the difference.

With respect to a landed price of $110K for a GT350, hard to imagine that kind of cost especially when you have to purchase one of these cars used from the U.S. or Canada.

:crazy:

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I've chatted with a few Grand Sport owners at the track and a few other folks who have driven them (it was also my backup choice hadn't I gotten the 350). It sounds like it's a great for those who are really into the Corvette heritage and true Vette' fans, but it didn't seem to be super exciting to the rest of folks (most wanted more personality and a bit more power). I haven't driven a 911, but seems like a bit of a "routine" choice for you given your geographic location :).

I say get the GT350 and make the rest of the UK drool and/or gawk at the brass American V8 :D

Sponsored

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
Any car can be fast and just no the 18 GT isn't faster than the GT350 if you're comparing apples to apples. A M6 GT is still slower than a M6 GT350. Most manual purists and those who def tracks there car on the road course will not consider the auto as an option.

GT owners should give a bit more respect to their older brother GT350 no? LOL

With that said, it's GT350 all the way!

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Just to pass along that there is a 16' GT350R , 775 miles for sale on this website for $60K! By description can't imagine that anybody could go wrong with such a deal.

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
I drove a few GT350s. They don't feel much faster.
They have 65 more HP.. how can it not feel much faster? They run the quarter in the low 12's, about .4-.5 tenths of a sec faster than the 18 5.0 M6 (that's a 3-5 car beatdown). They are faster, just that you will have to live in the upper rpm range to really feel it.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
So... after a back-handed comment about GT owners, you agree.

LOL... gotta love it.
I felt I was being pretty front-handed. You realize giving the same opinion about the car doesn't make it as qualified as someone who owns it right? If someone shows you a histology section and you say 'cancer', and turn out to be right, it doesn't mean you're a bonafide pathologist. I said GT3 because I also love and respect Porsche. I'm a car-guy, not a brand-guy. But I don't go over to Rennlist and try to push people into making major Porsche purchase decisions based on my opinions of the car without owning one, let alone proclaiming "see I was right" if one of the members who does actually own the car says the same thing.

They have 65 more HP.. how can it not feel much faster? They run the quarter in the low 12's, about .4-.5 tenths of a sec faster than the 18 5.0 M6 (that's a 3-5 car beatdown). They are faster, just that you will have to live in the upper rpm range to really feel it.
It's because you have to get into the upper RPM's for the power that it typically won't feel or be as fast on the low end, especially on the street. It wasn't meant to be a straight-line drag car.
Sponsored