GT vs Tesla

Enis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2023 taco
A stock Tesla Plaid does not run 8.77 in stock form. They usually run 9.3x from what I've seen.
Well someone removed 500lbs and changed rims and tires and ran a [email protected]

https://www.signaturewheel.com/single-post/the-world-record-tesla-model-s-plaid-1-4-mile-drag-race here’s a link to it.
GT 500 does the 1/4 mile in low 10s even if the tea ran 9.3x I. Stock form that’s almost a full second difference. I’d like to drive a Tesla on track and that’s it, I couldn’t even use it to visit family in Canada without having to stop to charge it with almost no chargers along my route. Mustang I have no issues, sounds better, and random things do t fall off
Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Man, you have that backwards
So you mean to tell me, than in the late 1800's and early 1900's, that oil companies had nothing to do with funding, research, development of the one thing that would sell their product - the Internal combustion engine? uh huh...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
So you mean to tell me, than in the late 1800's and early 1900's, that oil companies had nothing to do with funding, research, development of the one thing that would sell their product - the Internal combustion engine? uh huh...
Oil has a lot more uses than in automobiles. When oil was first discovered, the companies that were pulling it out of the ground didn't have much money. They only got to have a lot of money over time when lots of people bought their products. Back then when the oil companies started out, they were probably focused on things like lubrication, paints, solvents, etc. Kerosene for lanterns since no one had electricity. All that stuff. The foundational products that are easiest to make from oil. I don't think they were focused on complicated machinery like cars. It took them a while to even get to a lot of the plastic stuff made from oil.

Remember when oil was first discovered, experts thought we had enough for 50 or 80 years. At the time they didn't realize that we would continue discovering more and more of it. Most people can't predict the future in that way.

If oil companies had funded the gas engine, I guess that would have been great. I think it's awesome when companies develop new products. However, if I personally owned an oil company and wanted to develop products to use oil, I would develop them myself rather than funding someone else's company. That's how companies typically work. Somebody wants to make money, so they build stuff they think people will buy. They don't give their money away to another company.

So if British Petroleum sold cars, I would agree that your theory is reasonable. Since they don't, I think it's incorrect.

blakeman8192

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT, 2021 Tesla M3P
This thread pretty much sums up why I own both lmao.

The Model 3 Performance is unbelievably fast 0-60, it is a LOT faster than the Mustang in that speed range and you can literally feel the skin on your face pulling back at WOT. But after 70ish mph it starts to fall pretty flat. For daily practicality, autopilot in traffic, and wrecking almost anyone at an on-ramp the Tesla is great. But ultimately I have more fun hearing the V8, modding, and rowing gears in the Mustang and that's why I drive it more often.

khlifhummar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
khlif
Vehicle(s)
GT 500
GT cars are renowned for their powerful engines, thrilling performance, and the exhilarating experience they offer. The roar of the engine, the precise handling, and the connection between driver and machine can be truly captivating for enthusiasts.
On the other hand, Teslas, like the Tesla Model Y, bring a different kind of excitement to the table.... With their electric powertrains, Teslas offer instant torque, seamless acceleration, and a smooth, quiet ride. Plus, the Tesla Model Y interior boasts a minimalist design, spaciousness, and a futuristic touch that many find appealing.

Last edited:

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
GT cars are renowned for their powerful engines, thrilling performance, and the exhilarating experience they offer. The roar of the engine, the precise handling, and the connection between driver and machine can be truly captivating for enthusiasts.
On the other hand, Teslas, like the Tesla Model Y, bring a different kind of excitement to the table.... With their electric powertrains, Teslas offer instant torque, seamless acceleration, and a smooth, quiet ride. Plus, the Tesla Model Y interior boasts a minimalist design, spaciousness, and a futuristic touch that many find appealing.
Right! I'd like to add with incentives a Model 3 Performance here in Cali can be had for $40K! A performance bargain. And for anyone who enjoys music in their vehicles, Teslas have great audio quality.
Sponsored