Sponsored

Is a GT too impractical for daily driving?

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
I daily drive the GT ( had it for 20 months done 22000km at approximately 14.5 per 100km). It is truly a beautiful experience and does wonders for my mental health to drive this unreal car every day. I drive 99% of the time with the windows down to hear that sweet sweet V8. This car does not fail to make me smile every day. Do your self a favour and buy that car. Your other half should support your choice even if he doesn't get the need for the stang, he should do it because it makes you happy. Happy wife, happy life.

Good luck.
Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I had an Ecoboost Premium before and was pretty happy with it, though I was planning on doing some mods. Sold it and am looking at buying an '18; dealer near me has the last Lightning Blue Premium with Performance Package in the area.

Some of you may know I have an obsession with DIB, so when I recently saw a '16 DIB GT up for sale I couldn't help but drool. I am so torn. I was really thinking about an Eco Premium, as much as I'd like a GT, because of the MPG and since I live in a suburb...and two of my neighbors are school principals. All the prissy neighbors in my area would be glaring at me all day long. I don't know why I even care, but everyone around seems to drive minivans & trucks and look down on anything remotely sporty. :shrug:

All that aside, is it just too impractical for daily driving? I commute to the city several days a week, otherwise local roads. My fiance thinks I should just go with an EP since I probably won't use the power to its full potential.
To be honest After reading your original post I skipped all of the responses. Don't let people tell you what you need/don't need. Don't make such a big purchase on what the neighbors might think. Get what you want. If you don't use a V8 to it's potential so what. If you want it get a GT buy one. Other than mpg an EB is no more practical than a GT. Both cars don't really have a back seat. I DD my GT and love the sound of my Corsa exhaust. With my mods I get smiles per gallon. If you are worried about MPG and what your neighbors think about your car get a Prius.

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I think he was referring to what the neighbors and possibly the fiance thought. I'm sure we can all agree to let the neighbors be the ones who have to cope with whatever decision she chooses.

Norm

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I had a 14 gt/cs all cranked up on Cobra Jet induction with Lund tuning. Was not a good daily honestly. Been driving a mk7 GTI for 2 years and it has been great. But, that toggle on the fly normal, sport, and drag mode on 18 auto has my attention.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
the only response here is "no, its not too impractical". this is too many pages for this topic lol

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
You sir, know what you're doing.
I also split driving, but for me, it's between the GT and the Jeep. You probably have to deal with much more traffic in MA than I do in NC. But either way, I have the same setup. Loud exhaust and stick... When you rev match it, it sounds glorious and then proceeds to pop pop pop. Love that sound!

And to think... the GT is the fuel efficient one for me. the 5.0 and the 4.0(I6). I like the sound of that. Nice and simple.
Pretty much the same for me here; Mustang vs. Jeep. Good, clear, weather its always the Mustang's turn.

Ditto that the Mustang gets better mileage.

Just to add, my commute time is almost cut in half when I take the Mustang. It so much easier to "cruise" at 80+ in the left lane. The Jeep feels like it is straining to go 60 (aerodynamics of a brick with a drag chute open), which keeps me in the right lane.
Sponsored