GT 350 R LONG TERM VALUE

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Didn't he ultimately trade it to someone else? Now they are selling it?

Either way, I don't really understand why it would/should bring any more than a normal one but more power to the seller. I would probably have paid MORE to not have the first one of the production year lol...but I think some of these they just start building the next year while the previous MY is still on the line.
Sponsored

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
Holy crap just saw that. Now at 115K and reserve not met. Buy it now of $350K seems a bit much but a suckers born every day. Hope the seller does well I remember when he picked it and first posted on here. Seems like he won the lottery that day.
At 127k now. Seems like he's trying to win the lottery again. After further inspection it appears that the same person just keeps outbidding himself. One account user has 44 bids in a few days. One after another. This is whole thing is a scam to try and lure some idiot into spending more than he should. Ebay should not allow people to do this kind of bullshit. Shame on that owner.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
hey man dont worry we wont even get to keep our current gt350's if newsom has his way..."they" are comin for us...
Hopefully he's out soon so we don't have to deal with him anymore. I agree though that he sucks.

Pushing to ban all new sales of gasoline powered cars is one thing, but getting rid of all the current is a whole nother. I think we'll be ok in our lifetime...hopefully.
yeah i was tongue in cheek. or move to TX like everyone else lol...
Make sure you guys sign the recall petition! Just 100k signatures away

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
yeah i was tongue in cheek. or move to TX like everyone else lol...
Just got a new neighbor across the street from the Bay area. He's seems happier. Of course summer isn't here yet... Ha.

Sponsored

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
At 127k now. Seems like he's trying to win the lottery again. After further inspection it appears that the same person just keeps outbidding himself. One account user has 44 bids in a few days. One after another. This is whole thing is a scam to try and lure some idiot into spending more than he should. Ebay should not allow people to do this kind of bullshit. Shame on that owner.
Not necessarily, this one bidder could of bid multiple times to reach current highest bid set by the other bidder.

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not necessarily, this one bidder could of bid multiple times to reach current highest bid set by the other bidder.
I'm no expert on ebay stuff, but you can view the bid history. It appears the same account user bid like 25 times in a row today. Like they're not even trying to make it seem legit. If this was a video game this would be boosting their stats (cheating). Am I right or am I right?

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
It's Ebay. I kinda been telling you guys. This seller hasn't had this car for but a couple weeks and "I am out of room"........
Going for the quick flip

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I'm no expert on ebay stuff, but you can view the bid history. It appears the same account user bid like 25 times in a row today. Like they're not even trying to make it seem legit. If this was a video game this would be boosting their stats (cheating). Am I right or am I right?
You may have point here, but unlikely. Like I said, the last bidder can bid as many times as he/she wants to reach last highest bid set by the previous bidder. In this case bidder 8***0 set highest price of $127K(that is not visible to other bidders). Bidder 6***l start entering the bid at $105.9K but eBay said "you've been out bided by other eBay member). So bidder 8***0 start entering bids by increments until he/she reached over $127K set by 8***0 bidder. Thus eBay have feature - automatic bid assistance.

Sponsored

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
Back to investments. I purchased my 66 Shelby in 97 for 29500. And through the years of restoration added another 15k approximately. Sold it last year for 168k . I understand that if I had put that money in the correct stocks that I would have been better off. But sitting and looking at numbers on my computer Would have robbed me from the great experiences of driving restoring meeting the great Shelby people and all of the fun experiences that this hobby brings. I see the car hobby can be big losses and depreciation on a normal car for transportation. Or drive it for free with my GT350R. So if someone sold you a GT 350 R and said give me your money now and in five years come back and I will give you your money back completely with some extra and you can drive this for free that sounds like a pretty neat deal!

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Back to investments. I purchased my 66 Shelby in 97 for 29500. And through the years of restoration added another 15k approximately. Sold it last year for 168k . I understand that if I had put that money in the correct stocks that I would have been better off. But sitting and looking at numbers on my computer Would have robbed me from the great experiences of driving restoring meeting the great Shelby people and all of the fun experiences that this hobby brings. I see the car hobby can be big losses and depreciation on a normal car for transportation. Or drive it for free with my GT350R. So if someone sold you a GT 350 R and said give me your money now and in five years come back and I will give you your money back completely with some extra and you can drive this for free that sounds like a pretty neat deal!
Absolutely. It's all about fun, enjoinment and happiness that any hobby bring along the way.

car crazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Fun and enjoyment is exactly right. Is this car an investment? No. Will it depreciate at a slower rate vs a normal car? Yes. There are thousands of these. The R is not a rare car. Look at the original 68-69 GT350. Ford took over production in 68 and built around 800 in 1968 and around 1,000 in 1969. These 1968 and 1969 GT350 built by Ford are worth about 60-70k today. Good investment? No. They sold for about $4200 in 1968 which is just over 30k in today dollars. They doubled their money in over 50 years (not counting USD inflation). Ford made a lot more of these GT350R. Someone else can chime in on build numbers but I think it is accurate to say this is not a car that is going to be worth a ton of money one day since Ford built so many. I did not compare to the 65-67 GT350 which was built by Shelby in very small numbers. Ford did not take over production until 68. I don't think this car is comparable to that while I do think it is somewhat comparable to the 68-69 though there are more modern GT350R vs those 68-69 GT350. The GT350R is unlikely to hold up as well as the 68-69 due to the larger numbers of the current version. This is what my crystal ball is telling me.

Last edited:

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fun and enjoyment is exactly right. Is this car an investment? No. Will it depreciate at a slower rate vs a normal car? Yes. There are thousands of these. The R is not a rare car. Look at the original 68-69 GT350. Ford took over production in 68 and built around 800 in 1968 and around 1,000 in 1969. These 1968 and 1969 GT350 built by Ford are worth about 60-70k today. Good investment? No. They sold for about $4200 in 1968 which is just over 30k in today dollars. They doubled their money in over 50 years (not counting USD inflation). Ford made a lot more of these GT350R. Someone else can chime in on build numbers but I think it is accurate to say this is not a car that is going to be worth a ton of money one day since Ford built so many. I did not compare to the 65-67 GT350 which was built by Shelby in very small numbers. Ford did not take over production until 68. I don't think this car is comparable to that while I do think it is somewhat comparable to the 68-69 though there are more modern GT350R vs those 68-69 GT350. The GT350R is unlikely to hold up as well as the 68-69 due to the larger numbers of the current version. This is what my crystal ball is telling me.
They have already began to appreciate in value, you're just not paying attention. The car meets the criteria for being a collectors car in the future. 3500 cars built is rare enough. I don't understand why people keep going to that well. No, someone should not buy the car to become rich. But there is a very good chance that these cars are worth 2X or even 3X more at some point in the future. There is NOTHING wrong with buying one of these cars, driving it, enjoying it, and being happy about the potential to have the OPTION to sell later on for a lot more than it was worth. Are you going to become a millionaire? No. It's not that kind of investment.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Not suggesting that all eBay bids are legitimate but do know that the two bidders up to the $110,000 price point on this particular vehicle were legitimate based on a telephone conversation today but after that point I cannot comment on.

:sunglasses:
Sponsored