GT 350 R LONG TERM VALUE

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
It meets the criteria and is already showing signs of being collectable. Why not just be happy that it has that potential, especially if your already an owner? Blows my mind how owners downplay their own car ok here. No one is buying an R to one day get rich. Buy it, enjoy it, appreciate how special it is and it's value, and one day have the option to sell it for a lot more than bought it for. Or keep it forever. That's it bro.
I'm very happy with this car, enjoying it a lot for what it made for, driving that is.
Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Don't fool yourselves who think of buying this car for investment. Better buy good solid stocks to invest your money. For this car, just enjoy driving and looking at it.
Should have just spent the money on GameStop and you wouldn't have to worry about money at all 🤣

Last edited:

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
On too many R's. -- The total build will be around 3500. Will have to wait and see the final number until the 2020 data come out. 3500 cars is not too many. Please stop using that as a reason. The 2005 Ford GT had over 4000. The Demon had around 3300. It is rare enough.

On the Demon losing value -- It's still holding strong (for now) even with the Redeye and all the other Hellcat variations. There is one advantage the GT350R will have over the Demon in the future.... is that the voodoo engine is exclusive to the 350. I think eventually we could see the Demon become less desirable due to the amount of cars you can get with the same engine and similar HP. Dodge just keeps piping out new stuff.

Why would someone pay 90k for a GT350R when they could have a GT500 CFTP? Because they are two different cars and different experiences. Like I said earlier, the Voodoo is exclusive to the 350. There is no manual gearbox option on the GT500. There is no other American car like the GT350R. None. If your looking for the experience a GT350R provides your not going to find it in the GT500 or in any other car. This is why the car is special.

The R's are already selling at auction for over MSRP. Two recently went for 80k and 81k at Mecum. The 2015's are already collectable. And now we have 2020 LR001 sitting at 108k bid with 8 freakin days left.

The two main criteria for a car to become collectable is;

Special car + in demand.

I think most people who have been in one, driven one or owned one would agree that it's a special car. Is it in demand? It just went out of production but early signs say YES. The more companies fade away from gasoline engines and manual gearboxes then the more in demand it will become.
okay, you are right in everything. But, my point is what I had read in a lot of sites.The Demon is an amazing car, and I would like to own one in the future, but I wouldn’t pay that amount. (Obviously, this is me.) The Hellcat Super Stock have almost everything from the Demon, and if I’m not wrong it has 808HP.

The R is an special car for sure, actually, I chose to buy a GT350R over the Redeye, Demon, GT500, ZL1 1LE. I love my R, and I would never try to sell it.

anyway, hope Rs become in collectible cars. If price goes over $86k, much better.

Sponsored

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
Part of me wants my car to be the last lol...but....BUT - I remember some active aero patents floating around (I thought we would see it on the 500)...which makes me want for another ultimate Shelby.
I love my car but if they eventually come out with a new GT350 with some nice updates, I'm game. Hopefully it looks as good as this generation and has that specialness. Unfortunately the push for all electric doesn't give them that many years left to make a new model if they decide too.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I love my car but if they eventually come out with a new GT350 with some nice updates, I'm game. Hopefully it looks as good as this generation and has that specialness. Unfortunately the push for all electric doesn't give them that many years left to make a new model if they decide too.
This is true. We are nearing the end of the big V8 as we know it. My thoughts are that cars will go towards a hybrid platform where the engine powers a generator that powers the electric motors that turns the wheels.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
hey man dont worry we wont even get to keep our current gt350's if newsom has his way..."they" are comin for us...

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
hey man dont worry we wont even get to keep our current gt350's if newsom has his way..."they" are comin for us...
Hopefully he's out soon so we don't have to deal with him anymore. I agree though that he sucks.

Pushing to ban all new sales of gasoline powered cars is one thing, but getting rid of all the current is a whole nother. I think we'll be ok in our lifetime...hopefully.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully he's out soon so we don't have to deal with him anymore. I agree though that he sucks.

Pushing to ban all new sales of gasoline powered cars is one thing, but getting rid of all the current is a whole nother. I think we'll be ok in our lifetime...hopefully.
yeah i was tongue in cheek. or move to TX like everyone else lol...

Sponsored

Zuess765

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Realize that the Car that is on Ebay is Chassis LR001 which is the first 350R off the assembly line for model year 2020. That is what is driving the price to 100K+. A random 350R Model Year 2020 is not going to fetch 100K, maybe 75 - to 80k

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
Realize that the Car that is on Ebay is Chassis LR001 which is the first 350R off the assembly line for model year 2020. That is what is driving the price to 100K+. A random 350R Model Year 2020 is not going to fetch 100K, maybe 75 - to 80k
It's still good for the overall GT350R market. As these rare R's (first car in the production, last car, base R's, 2015's, ect) go for more in the future, it will help raise the value of a standard R over time.

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
Holy crap just saw that. Now at 115K and reserve not met. Buy it now of $350K seems a bit much but a suckers born every day. Hope the seller does well I remember when he picked it and first posted on here. Seems like he won the lottery that day.
Sponsored