Sponsored

GT 350 R LONG TERM VALUE

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
Not unless they never come out with a better car.
V8's are going to die out. Early signs point to the next Mustang being all electric which would help boost the GT350R even more. But if they bring back the 350 and the voodoo engine, then yes it could hurt it's value, but I just don't see it happening.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I've had cars that have gone up in value and some that had low depreciation but I would never count on that.

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had cars that have gone up in value and some that had low depreciation but I would never count on that.
Wow, thanks for the great information.

Sponsored

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
I didnt buy mine as investments. However, one of mine is about to be traded in for $62K. I paid 2k ADM. Not bad....

Looking forward, yes, I think Rs will be collectable and worth some coin. Nothing extravagant in the near future, but honestly, big values probably wont occur in my lifetime.

Funny thing is that we are all looking to the past to estimate values in the future. The whole car market is about to change. More electric and less gas powered vehicles. I have no idea how this will affect values.

Anyway, the point is moot. I won't be around to find out either way.
Totally true... There are too many Rs out there, Maybe in the future, it could cost almost the MSRP or the price you paid, maybe a little more. It's good to think about how much our Rs will hold the price because if you need to sell it in the future and don't lose too much money. :frown:

The same happened with Dodge Demon. Only 3300 units in the US, the MSRP was around 85K or so, and now you can find them for 120K (used). The question is: Would you pay 120K dollars for a Demon when you can get a Challenger SuperStock for 85K? :rockon:

Why I would pay more than 90K for an R when I could have a brand new GT500 or maybe a GT500 CFTP. :facepalm:

Let's wait to see what will happen with Rs price, but I'm sure they will cost around 58K-70K. :fingerscrossed:

A good investment could be a GT2 RS. :sunglasses:

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Totally true... There are too many Rs out there, Maybe in the future, it could cost almost the MSRP or the price you paid, maybe a little more. It's good to think about how much our Rs will hold the price because if you need to sell it in the future and don't lose too much money. :frown:

The same happened with Dodge Demon. Only 3300 units in the US, the MSRP was around 85K or so, and now you can find them for 120K (used). The question is: Would you pay 120K dollars for a Demon when you can get a Challenger SuperStock for 85K? :rockon:

Why I would pay more than 90K for an R when I could have a brand new GT500 or maybe a GT500 CFTP. :facepalm:

Let's wait to see what will happen with Rs price, but I'm sure they will cost around 58K-70K. :fingerscrossed:

On too many R's. -- The total build will be around 3500. Will have to wait and see the final number until the 2020 data come out. 3500 cars is not too many. Please stop using that as a reason. The 2005 Ford GT had over 4000. The Demon had around 3300. It is rare enough.

On the Demon losing value -- It's still holding strong (for now) even with the Redeye and all the other Hellcat variations. There is one advantage the GT350R will have over the Demon in the future.... is that the voodoo engine is exclusive to the 350. I think eventually we could see the Demon become less desirable due to the amount of cars you can get with the same engine and similar HP. Dodge just keeps piping out new stuff.

Why would someone pay 90k for a GT350R when they could have a GT500 CFTP? Because they are two different cars and different experiences. Like I said earlier, the Voodoo is exclusive to the 350. There is no manual gearbox option on the GT500. There is no other American car like the GT350R. None. If your looking for the experience a GT350R provides your not going to find it in the GT500 or in any other car. This is why the car is special.

The R's are already selling at auction for over MSRP. Two recently went for 80k and 81k at Mecum. The 2015's are already collectable. And now we have 2020 LR001 sitting at 108k bid with 8 freakin days left.

The two main criteria for a car to become collectable is;

Special car + in demand.

I think most people who have been in one, driven one or owned one would agree that it's a special car. Is it in demand? It just went out of production but early signs say YES. The more companies fade away from gasoline engines and manual gearboxes then the more in demand it will become.

Last edited:

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
There is a big problem with Ebay, however. All Ebay auto sales are non-binding. It's a good place to get exposure of a car, but rarely do sales meet reserves, and the buyer can simply walk away with no recourse. Many times shill bidders run up bids to make them look attractive to buyers who compete with them. This could very well be happening with this GT350R on Ebay. In actuality, this car has been sold from the Porsche dealer that took the trade, to Currie Motors in Tampa, and then to this current seller. All in a little over one month.
Oh yeah, there is the $350,000 buy-it-now too. LMAO

Non-binding bid | eBay

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Don't get me wrong folks, I think the Rs will appreciate over time, it just isn't going to be a short term proposition.

Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Don't get me wrong folks, I think the Rs will appreciate over time, it just isn't going to be a short term proposition.
I agree and mentioned before, but is a game changer that has never been experienced before in automotive history—we are going electric in 15 years!

In 2035, cars will still be lighting fast, but they will have lost the sound, the visceral feeling. And this car’s “sound”, will still be talked about and wanted then. It has impressed Porsche, Mercedes, Lamborghini, and Ferrari owners. It is a fantastic car that is widely seen as one to true greats and future classics by Hagerty.

Yes it will be a classic. I don’t think it matters if it is an HE, although the rarer the better, and the 2015 R’s will always be the unicorn. Check back in 15 years where prices are then.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
On too many R's. -- The total build will be around 3500. Will have to wait and see the final number until the 2020 data come out. 3500 cars is not too many. Please stop using that as a reason. The 2005 Ford GT had over 4000. The Demon had around 3300. It is rare enough.

On the Demon losing value -- It's still holding strong (for now) even with the Redeye and all the other Hellcat variations. There is one advantage the GT350R will have over the Demon in the future.... is that the voodoo engine is exclusive to the 350. I think eventually we could see the Demon become less desirable due to the amount of cars you can get with the same engine and similar HP. Dodge just keeps piping out new stuff.

Why would someone pay 90k for a GT350R when they could have a GT500 CFTP? Because they are two different cars and different experiences. Like I said earlier, the Voodoo is exclusive to the 350. There is no manual gearbox option on the GT500. There is no other American car like the GT350R. None. If your looking for the experience a GT350R provides your not going to find it in the GT500 or in any other car. This is why the car is special.

The R's are already selling at auction for over MSRP. Two recently went for 80k and 81k at Mecum. The 2015's are already collectable. And now we have 2020 LR001 sitting at 108k bid with 8 freakin days left.

The two main criteria for a car to become collectable is;

Special car + in demand.

I think most people who have been in one, driven one or owned one would agree that it's a special car. Is it in demand? It just went out of production but early signs say YES. The more companies fade away from gasoline engines and manual gearboxes then the more in demand it will become.
All very valid points that you made with two 2015 GT350R's selling at $148,500 and $115,500 within the last 7 months at auction.

Obviously the "Buy It Now" price of $350,000 for LR001 is beyond being realistic but suggest that car will do well wherever the price ends up.

With respect to the total R's built for the 6 year run I suggest that the final production numbers will come in at ~3,650 (~700 cars for the 2020 MY including PP cars) but as you suggested earlier that is still well below the 4,038 Ford GT's from 2005/2006 and not much more than the 3,300 Demons built for 2018.

Very cool features on these NA FPC R models such as CF wheels, CF wings, rear seat delete, stiffer suspension, lower ride height, resonator delete, limited production numbers and an outstanding drivers car all make for a vehicle that as you so correctly stated is in demand.

Regarding the elusive 135 Base R's that make up ~.54% of total GT350/R production that remains to be seen where those cars will end up in this whole scenario.

With 16 delete items coming or not on those cars they are not for everyone but a cool car just the same!

:wink:

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
V8's are going to die out. Early signs point to the next Mustang being all electric which would help boost the GT350R even more. But if they bring back the 350 and the voodoo engine, then yes it could hurt it's value, but I just don't see it happening.
Part of me wants my car to be the last lol...but....BUT - I remember some active aero patents floating around (I thought we would see it on the 500)...which makes me want for another ultimate Shelby.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Don't fool yourselves who think of buying this car for investment. Better buy good solid stocks to invest your money. For this car, just enjoy driving and looking at it.

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't fool yourselves who think of buying this car for investment. Better buy good solid stocks to invest your money. For this car, just enjoy driving and looking at it.
It meets the criteria and is already showing signs of being collectable. Why not just be happy that it has that potential, especially if your already an owner? Blows my mind how owners downplay their own car ok here. No one is buying an R to one day get rich. Buy it, enjoy it, appreciate how special it is and it's value, and one day have the option to sell it for a lot more than bought it for. Or keep it forever. That's it bro.
Sponsored