GT 13.1 What's wrong?

OP
OP

Mark5825

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The hop & spin is as consistent as the times lol. Sometimes 20 min sometimes 4 hours. One night my car got faster as I ran with 7 runs total. Tire pressure was at 18 PSI for some and 22 PSI for others. I found at 25 PSI I was getting 2.2 60' and at 20 PSI getting 2.0 on a previous night so I was trying to play around with it. These are the stock pirelli's btw. I know it's trying to shift right there I'll have to pay better attention, yes 3.15 gears.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mark5825

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Back at it again. Added Kooks 1 3/4" Headers, aluminum bushings (pretty loud for a daily driver) and sway bars. D/A was the worst I've seen at 2134. Interesting my lowest MPH was best time? Finally weighed car at 4045 lbs. I'm 210 and my trunk has an extra 50-100 lbs. Best time of 12.788 corrected D/A down to 12.472 can't wait until winter.

Kept getting staged in the wrong lane for my gopro but here's a clip for the exhaust sound. More vids on my youtube channel.

[ame]

Overall History:

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mark5825

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Got in 2 runs last night. Wheel hop is gone from aluminum bushings but didn't pick up any time.

Shitty video but better then nothing:

[ame]

Rubred50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 5.0 PP
Great write up and very interesting commentary from the vendors. I just purchased a Livernois Tune & plan to share my experience/results soon.

Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP

Mark5825

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Anytime. As and FYI I am working with Lund datalogging, 1st logs he said this:

Fueling looks pretty good, but you're getting some knock activity indicating you have a fuel quality issue or oil is getting by the PCV (if you don't have a separator or breathers) and lowering effective octane, OR it is false knock. False knock is typically caused by exhaust rubbing, etc. The next step is to pick up some octane booster like Lucas or Torco (Torco is more potent) and toss a bottle/can in and drive on it, do some WOT pulls to let the knock sensor learn then re-log the same log for me so we can see if it helps the knock activity dissipate.

Waiting for a good day to get it up to speed. I'm also planning on getting it dyno'd with the headers next week.
Sponsored