Sponsored

GT 13.1 What's wrong?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
You sure are the instigator. What do you have done to your car? There are vendors on this board why try to show the light to members and then there are those who do the best they can to get you to drink the Kool-aid.
What light?

No one is serving koolaid, our record and lunds record speaks for itself.

Our customers cars speak for themselves.

What we do is offer ultra competitive pricing on all the best brands.

We offer lund tuning, which I believe to be the best in the business.

We offer local installation and dyno time if you want it.

We don't oversell, we give the customer options, let them make the final decision on everything, and put a car together the way they want it.

We offer phone support from 8am to 10pm seven days a week. The best out there.

Where is the flaw in that formula?

I understand I asked you to not post incorrect information 2 times, and now you have a hard on for me. It's ok. Success breeds 2 things, lovers and haters.

OP, as always, is welcome to send in logs, especially track logs and we can fine tune and tailor the tune to his driving style. All we need is the logs.
Sponsored

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. Where does the shop car come from and who is comparing it to a customer car? This entire thread has been about the 'customer' car.

Regarding the irony, the majority of this thread aside: in one post you are quoting Livernois where they state they routinely make more power than lund and then you poke fun at Beef having the the fastest s550

In the very next post you tell OP to essentially not worry about the dyno and the proof is in the time slips. :shrug:

I have done nothing to my car yet. Not quite sure how that is relevant.

If you want to talk about instigating, how about posting that both of OPs tunes are down on power. And then the proof provided is peak numbers on dynochart from a tuned car that base lined 8ish hp higher than OPs modified runs.

If I'm drinking Beef's kool-aid, you are drinking Livernois'. Bottom's up. :cheers:
I am simply giving beef a hard time then later addressed the OPs concern with two separate posts as they are 2 different topics, but I see the connection. There are a lot of uninformed people on this board, A LOT. I dont put too much stock into dyno numbers especially from a manufacture of a shop that is selling something. To me a dyno is no different than a scale for someone trying to gain or lose weight. It's simply a tool and both the dyno and scale can be manipulated to read higher or lower. I am not drinking any ones kool-aid, I am just saying to not rule one person out over the other....this is coming from someone with a Lund tune. Beef seems to have alot of people on this board wrapped around his finger making them believe he is the only person selling a Lund tune. Having the fastest something is just a way of smaller shops getting their name out there. If a bigger shop wants to have the fastest something they will just dump more money. Bigger shop=more money.

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
What light?

No one is serving koolaid, our record and lunds record speaks for itself.

Our customers cars speak for themselves.

What we do is offer ultra competitive pricing on all the best brands.

We offer lund tuning, which I believe to be the best in the business.

We offer local installation and dyno time if you want it.

We don't oversell, we give the customer options, let them make the final decision on everything, and put a car together the way they want it.

We offer phone support from 8am to 10pm seven days a week. The best out there.

Where is the flaw in that formula?

I understand I asked you to not post incorrect information 2 times, and now you have a hard on for me. It's ok. Success breeds 2 things, lovers and haters.

OP, as always, is welcome to send in logs, especially track logs and we can fine tune and tailor the tune to his driving style. All we need is the logs.
HAHAHA says the guy who commented on JUST MY post in the FB group and neglected everyone else. You're good at what you do and there's nothing wrong with that. It's just the way you present the information to the misinformed. This board is like shooting fish in a barrel.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I am simply giving beef a hard time then later addressed the OPs concern with two separate posts as they are 2 different topics, but I see the connection. There are a lot of uninformed people on this board, A LOT. I dont put too much stock into dyno numbers especially from a manufacture of a shop that is selling something. To me a dyno is no different than a scale for someone trying to gain or lose weight. It's simply a tool and both the dyno and scale can be manipulated to read higher or lower. I am not drinking any ones kool-aid, I am just saying to not rule one person out over the other....this is coming from someone with a Lund tune. Beef seems to have alot of people on this board wrapped around his finger making them believe he is the only person selling a Lund tune. Having the fastest something is just a way of smaller shops getting their name out there. If a bigger shop wants to have the fastest something they will just dump more money. Bigger shop=more money.
I know you and Beef have some sort of history. Truth be told, it definitely seems to be biasing you when it comes to his posts. He could say 'water is wet' and it seems you'd find something to argue/disagree about. Probably goes both ways at this point.

fwiw, I have seen multiple times where Beef has stated you can get lund tunes elsewhere and that they would be identical to the tune bought through him.

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
I know you and Beef have some sort of history. Truth be told, it definitely seems to be biasing you when it comes to his posts. He could say 'water is wet' and it seems you'd find something to argue/disagree about. Probably goes both ways at this point.

fwiw, I have seen multiple times where Beef has stated you can get lund tunes elsewhere and that they would be identical to the tune bought through him.
I'm done clogging up this thread.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

Exactly,

a lund tune is a lund tune, the difference is the customer service that you get, and the knowledge that goes with it.

I'll take tech calls til 10pm nightly, and have been on the phone trouble shooting customer cars past 1am in extreme situations.

What I try to do is simple, give the customer the most and the best, for the least, and offer great service.

And, I think were good at what we do.

The other thing is we practice what we preach. We spend a ridiculous amount of time, and our own money, testing parts, beating on cars, pushing engines past their breaking point. So that the end user doesn't have to.

If it was so easy just to bolt on a few parts, and go run 8's, and soon to be 7's. Everyone would be doing it.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
And bravo to you for the dedication that you have for your customers. Just this weekend we stayed open late, and I drove my personal vehicle to rent a client a car so that we could house his car here while we fine tune his car that he was experiencing issues with. He was so happy with his service that he also purchased extra parts for his car with installation.

I think what members take issue with is you calling the tunes that you offer "your" Lund tunes. I regularly get PMs asking what the difference is between our custom tuning and "your" Lund tunes. I think that is the root cause of the push back.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
And bravo to you for the dedication that you have for your customers. Just this weekend we stayed open late, and I drove my personal vehicle to rent a client a car so that we could house his car here while we fine tune his car that he was experiencing issues with. He was so happy with his service that he also purchased extra parts for his car with installation.

I think what members take issue with is you calling the tunes that you offer "your" Lund tunes. I regularly get PMs asking what the difference is between our custom tuning and "your" Lund tunes. I think that is the root cause of the push back.
Sounds like a normal question. We offer lund custom tuning. Therefore our lund custom tune.

You offer livernois tuning. Therefore your livernois custom tuning.

I regularly get asked the same thing, whats the difference between our lund tune, your livernois tune, bamas tune, etc..

That is a very normal question.

OP
OP

Mark5825

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Oh God, I thought I derailed this topic a while back but I guess it got taken even further out there. How about I just get a Livernois tune and we can be one big happy family lol. I feel this thread does have a lot of good info for people, hopefully we can bring it back towards the original topic. My next test will be running Lund and shop tune at the 1/4 mile with the exact same parameters multiple times. Hopefully this won't be 50 pages by then. It might be a couple weeks as it looks like it's going to rain for a while.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Oh God, I thought I derailed this topic a while back but I guess it got taken even further out there. How about I just get a Livernois tune and we can be one big happy family lol. I feel this thread does have a lot of good info for people, hopefully we can bring it back towards the original topic. My next test will be running Lund and shop tune at the 1/4 mile with the exact same parameters multiple times. Hopefully this won't be 50 pages by then. It might be a couple weeks as it looks like it's going to rain for a while.
"log" lol

if you need help with datalogging, hit me up!

Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
You spring for a Livernois tune and then run all 3 back to back on the dyno and at the track, I will 'Thanks' every post you make from here on out. :)

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
You spring for a Livernois tune and then run all 3 back to back on the dyno and at the track, I will 'Thanks' every post you make from here on out. :)
need sticky tires to, to insure no spin

OP
OP

Mark5825

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My car probably hates me already, Money aside I don't think it would like 9 dyno's in a day.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
My car probably hates me already, Money aside I don't think it would like 9 dyno's in a day.
lol

I think were up to 62 or 63 dyno runs on our car
Sponsored