chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't modded the car in a while and was thinking about motor mounts. For those who have installed these, which brand did you go with and what are your impressions?
Sponsored

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Andy Granitelli’s been dead for over 20 years. Anything now with his name on it is just branding. Steeda is a viable company with an active R&D department as well as real world road and track testing.

OlTexastang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VB GT PP1
Since your not willing to answer a question like “why” so someone can give you an opinion as to which way to go, your best bet would be to use the search box and type in motor mounts it pulls up 421 responses and figure it out. Brian has plenty of knowledge concerning our cars and how to set them up and giving him a snippy reply when he could give you an answer isn’t to cool.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I would have to ask why also? If needing to lower to get more up top clearance for perhaps a supercharger, then understandable, but otherwise why?

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
You really have to ask?
If you can't articulate why you want a particular modification, it's questionable that you need it. Far too many people do a lot mods they don't need or are counter to what they actually want just because other people do them.

OP
OP
chesster51

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
If you can't articulate why you want a particular modification, it's questionable that you need it. Far too many people do a lot mods they don't need or are counter to what they actually want just because other people do them.
I apologize to you for my out of line response. No excuse, was just having a bad day. I asked about the mounts after reading about others who have changed them out and gave positive reviews. Some did it to lower the engine for clearance and others just for the more solid connection over the OEM rubber mounts, which some eluded to improved shifting. That said, I'm not trying to lower but I am interested in the improvements over the stock mounts. This is strictly an aggressively driven street car.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
I apologize to you for my out of line response. No excuse, was just having a bad day. I asked about the mounts after reading about others who have changed them out and gave positive reviews. Some did it to lower the engine for clearance and others just for the more solid connection over the OEM rubber mounts, which some eluded to improved shifting. That said, I'm not trying to lower but I am interested in the improvements over the stock mounts. This is strictly an aggressively driven street car.
I'd advise against it for a street car. There are many other ways to improve the shifting and driving experience.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Logic says that stiffer/lower engine mounts will increase the NVH.

If it's improving the shift feel, there are better ways of doing that, lots of good shifter kits. Some of which, by the way, can also increase NVH, so be careful of the shift kits, read up on them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
chesster51

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I'd advise against it for a street car. There are many other ways to improve the shifting and driving experience.
At this point in time in reference to suspension/chassis mods I've installed: BMR diff bushing inserts, Steeda stop the hop starter kit, BMR vertical links and MGW shifter with weighted knob. I just ordered the Steeda Ultralite 2-Point G-Trac Brace for the front and already have a DSS one piece DS to install at the same time. Had a Whiteline trans mount insert installed, but too much NVH and put the factory insert back in. Any suggestions?

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
At this point in time in reference to suspension/chassis mods I've installed: BMR diff bushing inserts, Steeda stop the hop starter kit, BMR vertical links and MGW shifter with weighted knob. I just ordered the Steeda Ultralite 2-Point G-Trac Brace for the front and already have a DSS one piece DS to install at the same time. Had a Whiteline trans mount insert installed, but too much NVH and put the factory insert back in. Any suggestions?
Superpro trans mount insert has almost zero NVH impact (I am very sensitive to it, and it's minimal), is a good, inexpensive one.

I would get a different clutch if you're really looking to improve the shifting beyond what you already have.

OP
OP
chesster51

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Superpro trans mount insert has almost zero NVH impact (I am very sensitive to it, and it's minimal), is a good, inexpensive one.

I would get a different clutch if you're really looking to improve the shifting beyond what you already have.
Thanks for the info on the insert, I'll give it another go.
Sponsored