Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
The sign on the passenger sun visor in my car has begun to remove itself (or has succumbe to my powers of thought).
I've been meaning to get a warm air gun on it, to finish the job.

It's a ghastly thing & H&S over reach, imo.
:)

mike3105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 (pre-FL) manual GT
Coming back to the gear knob, what paint did you use for the green? Would love to do mine to match the lightning blue. Yours looks amazing!

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Coming back to the gear knob, what paint did you use for the green? Would love to do mine to match the lightning blue. Yours looks amazing!
Thank you :like:

Just standard auto touch up, from the paint supplier rather than Halfords.

Ford couldnā€™t get me one, neither could the paint supplier the first time I went in. It was a new colour to the U.K. and hadnā€™t registered on his system, the last time ford used it (1971) was too old for his system. A few visits later and his system had updated with the recipe. I think it was just under Ā£10 and thereā€™s loads. I did the knob and the breather, wasted more than I used and thereā€™s loads left, it will dry up before I get chance to use it all.

Didnā€™t get chance to do much on the car today (family day out :like:), but got just enough time to clean and add repellent to all the exterior glass and mirrors.

Iā€™m not sure when Ford changed the badge on the screen but mine is more prominent than the pre facelifts I have seen :

4-C2-DA6-BC-F6-FB-430-E-877-F-73-CAB967-E6-F0.jpg

Itā€™s kind of already got a lighter colour backing to add contrast which means I canā€™t add one of @Zombie coloured decals behind it :frown:

WD:like:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Thank you :like:

Just standard auto touch up, from the paint supplier rather than Halfords.

Ford couldnā€™t get me one, neither could the paint supplier the first time I went in. It was a new colour to the U.K. and hadnā€™t registered on his system, the last time ford used it (1971) was too old for his system. A few visits later and his system had updated with the recipe. I think it was just under Ā£10 and thereā€™s loads. I did the knob and the breather, wasted more than I used and thereā€™s loads left, it will dry up before I get chance to use it all.

Didnā€™t get chance to do much on the car today (family day out :like:), but got just enough time to clean and add repellent to all the exterior glass and mirrors.

Iā€™m not sure when Ford changed the badge on the screen but mine is more prominent than the pre facelifts I have seen :

4-C2-DA6-BC-F6-FB-430-E-877-F-73-CAB967-E6-F0.jpg

Itā€™s kind of already got a lighter colour backing to add contrast which means I canā€™t add one of @Zombie coloured decals behind it :frown:

WD:like:
My 2019 car doesn't have a badge on the screen at all

Sponsored

MAD MATT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Are you going to "Green Out" the red point in the 5.0 badges?

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Are you going to "Green Out" the red point in the 5.0 badges?
I'm on the fence with that one for a few reasons ...

A) Vinyl - It would need to be an exact match as it sits so close to the paintwork.
B) Vinyl - Longevity ?
C) I know if I did it I would be looking at the Brembo's thinking what they would look like with a text change to match ... lol

I did wonder about painting them and planned on using one of the removed chrome badges as a trial - that idea went to shit though when the only way I could get the OE badges off was in multiple pieces (although I should raid the bin and check they actually broke across the dot). I was wondering about paint filling the dot using the same touch up that I used for the gear knob and breather text :like:

Your old bonnet vents will be going on next :sunglasses: Once the bubble have come out of the PPF I applied ... :cwl:

WD :like:

StealthFighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BOB
Vehicle(s)
-2019 GT premium a10 -pp1 -Shadow Black loaded
beautiful car, and really nice mods, How about those quad tips you were thinking of having made, anything further progress on these ?

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
beautiful car, and really nice mods, How about those quad tips you were thinking of having made, anything further progress on these ?
Thank you :sunglasses:

Not yet, but shouldnā€™t be long off now ... :like:

Iā€™m just under two weeks into ownership and Iā€™ve still got some bits in the garage to fit and Iā€™ve yet to complete itā€™s external detail - once done I will be scratching around for the next bit of the project and that should be the tips.

Iā€™m defo going to have to do something with them (although they do look a bit nicer now Iā€™ve fettled them a bit) - my bro came to look at the car with me when it arrived and having not had a look around a mustang before (still quite rare in the U.K.), one of his first comments after the colour was that he thought they could have done something nicer with the tips ... :cwl:

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
The boot liner turned up :sunglasses: It was part of the deal on the car and after messing around with it Iā€™m kind of glad I didnā€™t have to pay for it ...

I have no idea why these come rolled up, but a bit of work with a hair dryer and some random stuff I could reach quickly soon had it flat again :

BB4-D2-C1-E-3-AE8-4-ED8-82-E4-E9172-AA3150-D.jpg

Matches the mats I will use in the back nicely (the mats are a much tougher material and far higher quality) :

CDA76-CE3-138-A-4180-8010-06-FBE35-F7889.jpg

Almost finished back there now :

23-C36-C28-7-D43-4-B95-B4-E1-2-D6-D6993-F378.jpg

The advantage of bullying the misses into signing up for the simply mustang Facebook group :sunglasses: ...

59-A9-C989-3-F92-4-F29-AF9-E-6-D0-E198029-D2.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Might as well stick these in here as it came up on another thread.

Bad photos sorry - dark nights, flash, tight spaces, close up etc ...

Black vinyl spots - no one notices them and they allow for perfect alignment after moving the seats / getting in the back etc :

E18-A1739-51-AA-478-F-AA90-853463751-FFE.jpg

8-A7-FA92-E-C83-F-4249-B1-DE-2-F70-EAC933-B5.jpg

Set the drivers seat, match the passenger seat, sticker them up, job done :like:

Itā€™s something Iā€™ve done for years on my tri bike - allows for perfect refitment of the seat post etc and allows you to keep an eye on any slippage etc.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Might as well stick these in here as it came up on another thread.

Bad photos sorry - dark nights, flash, tight spaces, close up etc ...

Black vinyl spots - no one notices them and they allow for perfect alignment after moving the seats / getting in the back etc :

E18-A1739-51-AA-478-F-AA90-853463751-FFE.jpg

8-A7-FA92-E-C83-F-4249-B1-DE-2-F70-EAC933-B5.jpg

Set the drivers seat, match the passenger seat, sticker them up, job done :like:

Itā€™s something Iā€™ve done for years on my tri bike - allows for perfect refitment of the seat post etc and allows you to keep an eye on any slippage etc.

That's a really clever solution. :clap:

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've had these stored for a while now (bought from @cib24 ) :

F8-A99-A0-B-0340-4824-A3-FD-2-CFBF3550-FF5.jpg

Ford Performance Torsen diff.
Ford Performance 4.09 rear gear.
Ford Performance diff rebuild kit.
Very inquisitive cat.

There was a bearing missing from the rebuild kit but FP came through and sent it to me directly from the states, it arrived yesterday in under three working days ... ! Not sure about their choice of box size though, it's fair to say it was 'very' well packed and protected ... :cwl:

D8-B2-FD3-D-F116-4-F4-A-A837-0-CBBB9-C46942.jpg

I'm letting the dust settle on this one before the install as there are additional complications with the 2020's and gear changes. I'm hoping that by the time I get around to it it will just be a simple job of acquiring the procal tuner and doing nothing more than altering the diff ratio. Worst case is that it can be done immediately, but it requires a tune - something I'm not comfortable doing at the moment.

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
A bit (lot) of unexpected downtime at work due to network issues meant Iā€™ve been able to be a little bit creative, spot the difference ...

7-AE95808-E6-BD-477-E-A15-F-6536-EE39-CB73.jpg

This decal is the only one left on the visors (passenger side inward facing) :

345-B48-D3-5-CBE-4-A9-C-9943-2357632875-BE.jpg

Thatā€™s a bit better ... :cwl:

7-FF72239-FC2-A-4-C2-E-9-DE4-3-C6545-EF8-ADF.jpg

Until I can find a good way of getting the original off (or the misses spots it and I canā€™t convince her Ford supplied it like that) it will have to do :like:

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, but itā€™s not a daily driver and itā€™s only been in work twice - on Fridays (quiet car park) and only when itā€™s been dry ... lol

Thereā€™s a very architectural building close by that I want to take it to for some full photos, I want the black bonnet vents on first though as at that point it wonā€™t change ā€˜visuallyā€™ for quite a while :like:

Sponsored