Sponsored

Good daily setup

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
I’m looking to drop it around 1” on all fours, paired with a good pair of struts/shocks for daily driving.

If I plan to keep the car for a good while, is a standard spring setup going to cut it, or should I get a nice set of coil-overs?
Sponsored

waltrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1, 401A, 6MT
general consensus on this forum seems to be BMR/Steeda springs with Steeda ProAction dampers.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
general consensus on this forum seems to be BMR/Steeda springs with Steeda ProAction dampers.
Thanks! I’ll look into those. Last s550 I had the FPP street kit with 1” springs with shocks/struts and wasn’t a big fan.

waltrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1, 401A, 6MT
idk i have the steeda progressives on my pp1 dampers and i am satisfied. i think people here are very picky, understandably. different strokes for different folks!

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
idk i have the steeda progressives on my pp1 dampers and i am satisfied. i think people here are very picky, understandably. different strokes for different folks!
It’s one of those things that I just wanna do right the first time and be done with it, lol.

I originally was looking to get the MagneRide but apparently can’t get it without the track pack, which I didn’t want.

Sponsored

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
It’s one of those things that I just wanna do right the first time and be done with it, lol.

I originally was looking to get the MagneRide but apparently can’t get it without the track pack, which I didn’t want.
Have a look at the "spring rates all in one thread" thread. What didn't you like about the FRP package?

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
Recently went with H&R Coilovers on my 2017 (90,00km) daily drive and a 20mm drop. After about 3,000km road tripping and city driving I'm very happy with the ride and handling, particularly amplitude control at speed on country B roads.

t-zoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10 PP1
I have a PP1 non MR. Upgraded with the FP Track Handling Pack and an alignment close to the FP spec. There is enough drop to really enhance the look while still giving adequate curb and speed bump clearance. As stated above the ride is well suited for street use and the resulting handling was significantly better. Then added the Steeda Stop the Hop starter kit which made things so much better. Zero adverse effect. It would have been cheaper with labor to do both at the same time but I wanted to get a sense of the initial pack change before buying the STH kit.

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 MT-82, 2019 5.0 10R80
Thanks! I’ll look into those. Last s550 I had the FPP street kit with 1” springs with shocks/struts and wasn’t a big fan.
I know what you mean. I had a similar combo which was FP street springs with base shocks/struts. I know the FPP street kit is basically the same thing except they have PP shocks/struts. They rode comfortable and all but lacked that sporty feel. I personally did not care for the rake look it gave. The front lowered nicely but the rear looked stock. Big difference between FP street VS FP track which is kind of misleading

Lots of different options here. As mentioned before many people will have different opinions on different setups and some maybe better for different goals.

I know I did about 3 months worth of researching here on the forums lol. What helped my narrow down my final decision were a couple of questions. Is this your daily driver? what type of ride are you looking for? Progressive spring vs linear spring? how are the roads in your area? do you care about the aesthetics of how the car looks? Slammed vs Lowered vs Min Drop. I would start there.

I would also recommend doing shocks while your at it. Of course you can start going crazy there comparing things. Bottom line anything above the FP street kit/PP kit would be an upgrade, especially if your trying to do it once.

I personally went with Steeda Ultralite Springs/FP Track Shocks/Struts and I'm loving the combo. Check out the spring rates all in one thread, that really helped out.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
FRPP track kit is pretty good. It's oddly well suited for street use considering its name
This is what I would recommend. These springs coupled with Bilstein B8's is a pretty sporty combination that is still completely reasonable on city streets. Honestly, this is probably how it should have come stock. (It is similar to Mach 1 spring rates)

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is this your daily driver? what type of ride are you looking for? Progressive spring vs linear spring?
It is my daily and I’m looking for a more comfortable but slightly firmer ride if that makes sense? I know but adding aftermarket parts it will stiffen up some in favor for comfort. These Houston streets are straight garbage, lol.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
It is my daily and I’m looking for a more comfortable but slightly firmer ride if that makes sense? I know but adding aftermarket parts it will stiffen up some in favor for comfort. These Houston streets are straight garbage, lol.
i’ve run everything from a PP1 street setup to track coilovers. Here’s my 2c on keeping the ride comfortable but tight handling for a street car.

monotube shocks - bilsteins or FRTP shocks will ride better over rough streets than Konis or Steeda ProActions.

stay with stock height springs - GT350 non-R or PP1 springs - the travel helps keep you off the bump stop

then add mildly stiffer swaybars to get the cornering spring rate you need. Like a 35mm front on soft and a GT350R rear.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
The street kit is really the pp1 with 1” spring drop
Still very soft
The track kit is a different story and is great, both off and on track

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
There are several good options. Steeda, BMR, Eibach, Ford performance ...

I have always ran drag springs and 2 of my guys are running Steeda progrssive and love them, one of my guys have the Eibach Pro kit and he likes those. A good set of shocks & struts like Bilstein, Koni for a daily will compliment lowering springs well.

Feel free to DM me or call with any questions!
Terry "Beefcake" Reeves
- 855-827-7223 -
www.beefcakeracing.com
#beefcakeracing #teambeefcake
Sponsored