Getting Tired - Spare Me

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
Here's another one that may work. Search "Hyundai Equus spare tire" on this forum and posts will come up.
I've got around $200 into my spare tire/wheel, jack, and lug nuts.
Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Has anyone addressed the lack of a spare tire on the Mach1? I know that's pretty much the way most cars are sold today, but I would rather have a real tire than squirting some spoo into a flat tire to "repair it". Also, since the tires on the front and back don't match, how do you factor that into a real spare tire?
Stay out of Hunts Point is my suggestion. :crackup: :facepalm:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
... Also you're telling me you're buying a $55,000 car and you expect to get a blowout? The likelihood of it is so low you have a much greater likelihood of getting in a major car accident. That's statistics my friends
A little self-reliance for dealing with predictable situations - even as rare as you may think they might be - still beats gambling that they won't ever happen. Just as true today as it was when I started driving back around 1963 or 1964.

Honestly, I'm a bit surprised that anybody old enough to have driven cars that rode on non-belted bias-ply tires would be as willing to accept the risk of being stranded somewhere when the answer is so obvious. Physical inability aside, of course.

Norm

Sponsored

OP
OP
hbash

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
A little self-reliance for dealing with predictable situations - even as rare as you may think they might be - still beats gambling that they won't ever happen. Just as true today as it was when I started driving back around 1963 or 1964.

Honestly, I'm a bit surprised that anybody old enough to have driven cars that rode on non-belted bias-ply tires would be as willing to accept the risk of being stranded somewhere when the answer is so obvious. Physical inability aside, of course.

Norm
Well not everyone drives 12 million miles a week.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Spare is not needed. Flats are ultra rare on a newer performance car. I had a nail in my 2016 and with TPMS, you will know when it is low enough to be concerned. Blowouts almost never happen today.

Unless you have a pickup or off road SUV, I believe they are unnecessary weight and space.
Sorry to "not true." I got my first flat (right rear tire) on day 2 with my Mach 1! Fortunately, I went for the add-on tire warranty so between roadside assistance (part of your purchase) and the warranty, there was no cost to me, except for not having my brand new Mach 1 for two days as they chased down the right tire (Michelin supply chain issues!) Turned out to be a cotter pin on the inside sidewall. A couple weeks later, I get a slow leak in the left rear, just days before I was taking the car to the Carlisle Ford Nationals. Dealer futzed around big time and Carlisle and Ford Corporate came thru for me. Two tires in the first five weeks of ownership and the warranty has paid for itself. (And a huge thanks to Jim Owens for stepping up where the local dealer - not the one I bought it from - failed.)

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Sorry to "not true." I got my first flat (right rear tire) on day 2 with my Mach 1! Fortunately, I went for the add-on tire warranty so between roadside assistance (part of your purchase) and the warranty, there was no cost to me, except for not having my brand new Mach 1 for two days as they chased down the right tire (Michelin supply chain issues!) Turned out to be a cotter pin on the inside sidewall. A couple weeks later, I get a slow leak in the left rear, just days before I was taking the car to the Carlisle Ford Nationals. Dealer futzed around big time and Carlisle and Ford Corporate came thru for me. Two tires in the first five weeks of ownership and the warranty has paid for itself. (And a huge thanks to Jim Owens for stepping up where the local dealer - not the one I bought it from - failed.)
From all the stuff people are saying I guess I've just been one lucky dude! I'm sorry to hear that on your brand new Mach 1. How do you like it?

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
I think nowadays it a good chance you can get a flat. Running low profile 18" plus tires on terrible roads can give you a flat and damaged a rim quickly. I hit a pothole two years ago and blew out both right side tires in my Genesis. Flatbed driver said he gets calls every week because of that pothole. Wrote to the city about compensation and was told since it has been reported before, I would not get compensation because it's on their "to do list". And the roads are getting worse!

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
I think nowadays it a good chance you can get a flat. Running low profile 18" plus tires on terrible roads can give you a flat and damaged a rim quickly. I hit a pothole two years ago and blew out both right side tires in my Genesis. Flatbed driver said he gets calls every week because of that pothole. Wrote to the city about compensation and was told since it has been reported before, I would not get compensation because it's on their "to do list". And the roads are getting worse!
Hello; During a recent winter on I-40 passing thru Knoxville TN there were a large number of such blowouts. So many it made the evening news. I drive that stretch of I-40 and knew what they spoke of. Lots of bad potholes. These new very low profile tires are the fad now but if the air pressure is not up the tire and rim can be damaged. I guess even if the air is up they can be damaged.

Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
From all the stuff people are saying I guess I've just been one lucky dude! I'm sorry to hear that on your brand new Mach 1. How do you like it?
Loving it!!! Sticks to the road as well as the modified 2015 GTs at Ford Performance Racing School. Yesterday after taking an on-ramp "at speed" I reminded my wife that after the FPRS experience, I know if the tires aren't protesting, I'm nowhere near the limit, and they didn't even squeak. It is an amazing car and gets all kinds of attention from all ages.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Has anyone addressed the lack of a spare tire on the Mach1? I know that's pretty much the way most cars are sold today, but I would rather have a real tire than squirting some spoo into a flat tire to "repair it". Also, since the tires on the front and back don't match, how do you factor that into a real spare tire?
I'm not 100% sure what the setup is on the Mach, but I got 255 front / 275 rear 40/R19 on my Bullitt and the Automotive Authority spare fits well according to their site (haven't had to put it on yet, knock on wood). It was expensive, but it's nice looking, fits into the trunk well.

akasmitty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
In my opinion it is worth having a spare. I have a 2018 GT P.P. I went the Hyundai way. When I finished the modifications I tested it and had no vibrations at all. A couple of months later on my way to work I had a blow out. Made it to work with time to spare. It's already paid for itself in my eyes.
I've had 3 unrepairable flats (blowouts) in my life driving. One of those 3 I had to be towed, two tires at once. So, even if you have a spare, sh!t can still happen.

OP
OP
hbash

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
In my opinion it is worth having a spare. I have a 2018 GT P.P. I went the Hyundai way. When I finished the modifications I tested it and had no vibrations at all. A couple of months later on my way to work I had a blow out. Made it to work with time to spare. It's already paid for itself in my eyes.
I've had 3 unrepairable flats (blowouts) in my life driving. One of those 3 I had to be towed, two tires at once. So, even if you have a spare, sh!t can still happen.
Indeed. Here's me tale of woe. I had a brand new BMW M3 2006 and was driving on a rotten expressway in Queens. The car had run flats (I HATE THEM!!!) and my driver rear tire shredded off the wheel with no indication on the dash that the tire was failing. I need two tow companies to get the car to the dealer in the area to take care of it (one to get me off the expressway and another from the street).

I WILL NEVER OWN RUN FLATS AGAIN!

Isitfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 hellcat
I had a 19 gt before my mach. It also didn’t have a spare tire. The goo is pretty much useless if you get a flat call road side

6D300A3E-9533-4D8D-B24D-250D0E56F28D.jpeg
Sponsored