Functional grill lights?

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
Anyone figured out something fun to do with the light cutouts like turning them into a CAI? They are just sitting there waiting for someone to make them useful.
Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
like this guy?
1640924507326.png

Not sure but that might be a flood lamp
Looks more focused, like a pencil beam. I'd go with something the same or slightly bigger diameter of the round part and let the top get blocked by the opening. Looks dumb just sitting in the over sized hole. Maybe someone will get around to making one, and a driving like over a fog would work better for me.

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
I came to conclusion that faux openings like this are the best thing to do regarding additional lights on this generation. It's subtle. Real lights or LED strips draw too much attention on themselves and completely change the front look. Sometimes less is more. Decent homage and best S550 grille for me.

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
The main thing I see looking at these, there are 2 different themes. We have the evil cobra stare.

Then for whatever the reasoning was, a pair of round driving lights in the grill.

So the car has a gone in 30secs grill, that has no place in the current Mustang styling.

Awful design, poor judgment, nothing is going to help clean that mess up. Reminds me of the stupid 2 seater thunderbird, they tried to raise from the dead a few years back.
Very successful flop LOL, I've seen one, the guy cannot even sell it.

As to the CIA thought, could pull that off, using the driver side, then use the pass side as cooling I suppose.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So the Mach 1 has been out for almost a year and there is not one single aftermarket supplier that makes a kit for the grill inserts That have to tell you something.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I came to conclusion that faux openings like this are the best thing to do regarding additional lights on this generation. It's subtle. Real lights or LED strips draw too much attention on themselves and completely change the front look. Sometimes less is more. Decent homage and best S550 grille for me.
Can't agree more. Every ad hoc light I have seen for this car in those spots has looked horrible...the worst offender being that blue one that Raiti did a review of on his channel.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
So the Mach 1 has been out for almost a year and there is not one single aftermarket supplier that makes a kit for the grill inserts That have to tell you something.
our best hope would be diode dynamics making something similar to what comes on the srt challengers but they probably realize its not worth the cost to develop something that sells a couple units

Mr whiskers5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 rapid red mustang gt
Can't agree more. Every ad hoc light I have seen for this car in those spots has looked horrible...the worst offender being that blue one that Raiti did a review of on his channel.
i love raiti ive watched him every day for few years i love what he does but damn that was a shit stain of a mach 1 specially with the dumbass gold stripe. would like to see one with a shaker

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
our best hope would be diode dynamics making something similar to what comes on the srt challengers but they probably realize its not worth the cost to develop something that sells a couple units
Unfortunatly they have already said no.
Sponsored