Mach 1 grille lights done wrong

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
Hope someone comes up with a lens that matches the opening better.... Agree, the stripe looks awful. How to trash a blue stang.

chorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
re the inner flood lamps; it's just all kinds of wrong/fail, ugh. i'm hoping aftermarket vendors will provide much better fit insert options. actually, in order to provide additional air flow, a flex tubing configuration for the driver's side cut-out leading straight back to the air filter box would be nice.
re the retro 1969 side stripe; strike two... having "mach1" twice on the front fenders is complete abnormal redundancy in design. same with the rear deck lid stripe (i'm surprised they didn't attach a custom rear license plate reading "mach1" again, ha).

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Dude should buy a $300 3D printer and take a weekend and build some inserts.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
re the inner flood lamps; it's just all kinds of wrong/fail, ugh. i'm hoping aftermarket vendors will provide much better fit insert options. actually, in order to provide additional air flow, a flex tubing configuration for the driver's side cut-out leading straight back to the air filter box would be nice.
re the retro 1969 side stripe; strike two... having "mach1" twice on the front fenders is complete abnormal redundancy in design. same with the rear deck lid stripe (i'm surprised they didn't attach a custom rear license plate reading "mach1" again, ha).
I don't know how much that would really help anything. With the snorkel there by the radiator it's not like it's getting starved for air. Even the GT350 is fine with its setup and its running higher RPM with more displacement. MAYBE if you were running over 100MPH you'd see SOME benefit from it like the 2003-04 Mach1 did(someone tested with the shaker blocked and open and the top end and MPH was consistently a smidge higher with it open), but it's not really enough to have a noticeable improvement without it being measured, and the other snorkel the SN95 had was VERY tiny to be feeding that intake tube. So any setup like that would have to be rather cheap to be worth it.

A setup of using them to cool the rotors?

Personally, I'd have preferred if they made a custom hood for the Mach1 that was with the 71(?) with the scoops and used the hood blanket and hood molding itself to use it to filter air to the airbox. Then you'd still get a nice Ram Air effect. Like instead of the scoops going Down like they do on the current GT hood they instead either stayed even as the rest of the hood dips leaving them up in the air to collect the wind.

Last edited:

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
I try to keep negative comments on someone else’s ride to myself, but I will make an exception this time. That’s just plain bad. the lights don’t fit flush with a shape that does not work. And that stripe like others have said is awful. Come on people.

MountainStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Honestly would have look better if they tried to jam some s197 lights in there lol

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Is this some kind of joke?!!!

Grab some KC highlight's and stuff them in the grill and then put the butt ugly stripes in the middle of the sides and the top of the trunk lid. The stripes on the side are not only ugly, but look like they might actually not stop short everywhere if they were correctly put on the bottom. The one on the trunk is just completely random.

Just needs a shaker hood.

1619379401438.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
These openings on the Mach remind me of the openings on my 2013 GT. They had the same funky shape at the top. The lights were oversized from the back side of the grille so they took up the entire space and looked like they were made to fit.
DSCN1836.JPG

chorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I don't know how much that would really help anything. With the snorkel there by the radiator it's not like it's getting starved for air. Even the GT350 is fine with its setup and its running higher RPM with more displacement. MAYBE if you were running over 100MPH you'd see SOME benefit from it like the 2003-04 Mach1 did(someone tested with the shaker blocked and open and the top end and MPH was consistently a smidge higher with it open), but it's not really enough to have a noticeable improvement without it being measured, and the other snorkel the SN95 had was VERY tiny to be feeding that intake tube. So any setup like that would have to be rather cheap to be worth it.

A setup of using them to cool the rotors?

Personally, I'd have preferred if they made a custom hood for the Mach1 that was with the 71(?) with the scoops and used the hood blanket and hood molding itself to use it to filter air to the airbox. Then you'd still get a nice Ram Air effect. Like instead of the scoops going Down like they do on the current GT hood they instead either stayed even as the rest of the hood dips leaving them up in the air to collect the wind.
i figure someone is gonna mod their mach1 with a supercharger eventually, perhaps then the extra air flow would be beneficial by removing the semi-circular flat grill plates and plumbing some flex tubing into the air filter box.

as for cooling the rotors/front brakes, i think there is already built-in ducting underneath to divert fresh air into the inside of each of the front wheels.

as for the hood with scoops, i believe you are referring to the '71 - '73 Ram Air option. Cervini fabricated that style for the Fox and early S197 models. keep in mind, without any proper under the hood ducting to route the incoming air, one is actually trapping and increasing air pressure, therefore creating unwanted lift that would unbalance the vehicle's stability, handling and aero design.
of course all this factors in only at high speeds... but after all we are discussing mach1 / speed of sound.

ge-841-st.jpg
SK326.jpg
hd1206_2.8.jpg

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I just threw up ..................... :facepalm:

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
Has anybody contacted Hella or similar to see if they are making lights for the Mach 1 grille?

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Funny you mention the redundant Mach 1 license. I am considering NYS plates NY MACH1... too much?
Sponsored