Functional grill lights?

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
i love raiti ive watched him every day for few years i love what he does but damn that was a shit stain of a mach 1 specially with the dumbass gold stripe. would like to see one with a shaker
That dumbass stripe is directly from the '69 Mach 1, which I sort of like. I have a problems with a non-functional or beneficial shaker scoop.

Here is a pic from Phoenix Graphics that has decal kits for older Mustangs and such.
69mach1.jpg

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
So the Mach 1 has been out for almost a year and there is not one single aftermarket supplier that makes a kit for the grill inserts That have to tell you something.
Well maybe someone will come out with a grill that eliminates the hole then...

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
That dumbass stripe is directly from the '69 Mach 1, which I sort of like. I have a problems with a non-functional or beneficial shaker scoop.

Here is a pic from Phoenix Graphics that has decal kits for older Mustangs and such.
69mach1.jpg
It's an evolution thing. Looked great back then, not so much today...

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

69mach1.jpg

So true, it's like putting streamers on the Harley, gaudy without purpose.

Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 7.13.12 AM.png

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Well maybe someone will come out with a grill that eliminates the hole then...
A few months ago someone made a thread about swapping the mach 1 front end onto any 18+ mustang and listed all the needed parts. Turns out all the 18+ grills are interchangeable, except the shelby gt350 and gt500 grill. The plain ecoboost grill, the gt, the bullitt, the cali special and the M1 grill all will fit, so pick your poison and go with it.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
The main thing I see looking at these, there are 2 different themes. We have the evil cobra stare.

Then for whatever the reasoning was, a pair of round driving lights in the grill.

So the car has a gone in 30secs grill, that has no place in the current Mustang styling.

Awful design, poor judgment, nothing is going to help clean that mess up. Reminds me of the stupid 2 seater thunderbird, they tried to raise from the dead a few years back.
Very successful flop LOL, I've seen one, the guy cannot even sell it.

As to the CIA thought, could pull that off, using the driver side, then use the pass side as cooling I suppose.
I've put about 10k miles on one of those T-birds. stock form not that great looking, but a fun drive. if you add the aftermarket fins and rear faux tire carrier, they don't look bad.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
A few months ago someone made a thread about swapping the mach 1 front end onto any 18+ mustang and listed all the needed parts. Turns out all the 18+ grills are interchangeable, except the shelby gt350 and gt500 grill. The plain ecoboost grill, the gt, the bullitt, the cali special and the M1 grill all will fit, so pick your poison and go with it.
How can that be true? The shape of the opening is different on the Mach 1 due to the lines of the front bumper. Do you remember what thread that was?

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Last edited:

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...icial-bumper-swap-info-and-parts-list.165836/

I just read thru that thread, turns out the op never tried to fit a standard grill in the M1 front end, he just assumed it would fit, a few months later he did a side by side comparison and they are different. So I guess I'll retract my previous post.
I just wanted to make sure as I thought it had been confirmed they were not interchangeable. It’s too bad because it would opened up a lot of options for Mach 1 guys

OP
OP
theruleslawyer

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
I just wanted to make sure as I thought it had been confirmed they were not interchangeable. It’s too bad because it would opened up a lot of options for Mach 1 guys
It means there will be very little after market. Otoh does it means the mach 1 is no longer a parts bin car with a bespoke front end?

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It means there will be very little after market. Otoh does it means the mach 1 is no longer a parts bin car with a bespoke front end?
All mustangs are parts bin cars unless they have their own unique power train. Or so I’ve been told :giggle:

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
How about someone 3D printing a snap in piece that matches the grill. At least we can get some additional air in it. If not, people will be doing something and likely it will be suboptimal. Not sure why Ford didn't plan something for the space. Looks darn stupid to have it without options to leverage.
Sponsored