Sponsored

FTB Diff Cooler Installed

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
went to 2 different parts stores in search of a socket...no dice...ended up cutting the tapered part, of the socket from the kit, completely off and cleaned up the edges with a dremel...worked like a champ
IMG_3538.jpeg
Sponsored

lil'Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane Landis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 1993 Ford Lightning 2018 Jeep Unlimited Sahara 2004 Ford F150
Thanks for the heads up on the therm setting. I'll turn it all the way down when I got to NCM in mid april and start with it there.

OP
OP

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Thanks for the heads up on the therm setting. I'll turn it all the way down when I got to NCM in mid april and start with it there.
If you turn it all the way down, it will run all the time just so you know.

lil'Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane Landis
Vehicle(s)
If it kicks on at 180, will it maintain that temp? I figured once it kicked on it would still run a higher temp than what it is set at. Maybe I should start in the middle then.

OP
OP

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
If it runs all the time it will heat soak but still run lower than without the system at all. Putting the dial in the center, and it won’t rotate a full 360 degrees, is about right for 190 and close to where mine is at. It never comes on with daily driving; only track and fairly aggressive canyon driving. I always carry a small screwdriver with me if I want to alter it at anytime which I haven’t in a long time. After you get your system fully setup, start at a point where the pump doesn’t turn on, go for a drive and let the diff fluid heat up pulling over every once in a while to adjust the dial to make the pump shut of again until you get to a setting that you like. You have the ability to add a switch to the included setup as an override for the thermostat but the tstat will still work when the switch is off. I’m just running the tstat for reference and have never needed a switch yet. I have a differential temp gauge which is a big help in seeing the temp control work.

Sponsored

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Finished up Roll Bar installation yesterday....what a bear that was. Finished the cooler install today. Have yet to test drive it, mainly for leak checking. I did not use the thermostat, just wired a simple ign-on, on/off switch next to the steering wheel. Cooler install was not hard, just took a lot of time.

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I installed this kit and FTBR recommend to me that the cooler trigger on at 165°

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
The black relay on the right side of the spare tire well has an adjustable dial to set in the activation temp. As you can see I have the Watson battery relocation kit that I put in the spare tire well which makes running power and ground connections easier.

FA5D8485-6DAD-4CAE-A8F1-9067D128651F.jpeg
I want to put my battery in the same place. Did you order the RH or LH Watson Kit?

OP
OP

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I want to put my battery in the same place. Did you order the RH or LH Watson Kit?
Ordered the left hand kit just to make sure there was enough power cable. Just trimmed it to fit once the final layout was figured out. You’ll also want to buy two shorter bolts that mount the tray to the floor because of the evap under the car.

Current look after adding subwoofer amp and antigravity lithium battery. Lots of traffic in there.

EDC062C5-D589-4835-A4F1-C2CB89AEC19F.jpeg

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Guys with coolers , any updates on issues with the system ?
How does the pump hold up with various street driving , exposed to rain , etc... ?

Sponsored
OP
OP

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Still works perfectly and activates at the temp I have set. Street and track driving regardless of weather it looks and operates as intended and still looks the same as the day I put it in.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I asked my race mechanic about it. He has a customer that had the same pump in a GTU RX-7 that has had multiple failures over a number of years.

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
so far so good - had a bit of weeping on one of the fittings, but tightened it up and no leaks since. accidentally had it running for most of a 10 hour drive when i forgot to set the trigger higher on a 100+ day after getting the 4.11 in there (was set at 180, which was fine for the 3.31), but still running as expected. set to 220 on the street and haven't had it trigger since.

also, there wasn't enough clearance between the trunk floor and the cooler for the fan to pull air through, so i cut some spacers to create space. trunk floor was pretty warm previously, now no issues.

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
2k ish miles on mine, I did not wire mine with the T-stat, just a on/off toggle, works every time i flip it on, been through touchless car washes were it gets direct spray...no problems. I did solder and heat shrink all wire connections.

Have yet to run it on track

lil'Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane Landis
Vehicle(s)
Mine is still plugging along with no issues on street or track use. I only have about 1k miles on the set up so far but I have the therm set low enough to on a hot day of highway driving it'll kick on. Prob should up it a bit but on the track it doesn't see above 180ish
Sponsored