FTB Diff Cooler Installed

Beano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
FGX XR8 and 2016 Mustang GT, Both supercharged
Nice post @db252 and cheers for the clear diff-photos, Sjulian.

Due to the pretty chitty AUD vs USD, I will most likely DIY my own- from the pix one page back, I can simply drill and tap the stock OEM cover and use 3/8”BSP or NPT or any other appropriate thread I can find on fittings here Down Under.

It’s just a matter of sourcing a proper heat-exchanger, suitable fan and pump - guess I can just get the Tilton. But the rest, like wiring, will be pretty simple.

Appreciate the info shared ;)

Cheers,
Beano
Sponsored

Beano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
FGX XR8 and 2016 Mustang GT, Both supercharged
Ha, found the Tilton pump rated for continuous use, slightly more expensive than the one used in this kit, but I guess I will go for it instead. Now to start researching the heat-exchanger, I will take measurements of the available space when I return home in 2 weeks....

Cheers,
Beano

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
Would appreciate a clarification. I have a ‘16 Tech Pac but added the temp sensor and used Forscan to activate the OEM in-dash diff temp gauge. Can I use the temp controller in the kit and still retain the in dash gauge or will I need to eliminate the controller and only use a manual switch in order to keep the gauge ?

OP
OP

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Would appreciate a clarification. I have a ‘16 Tech Pac but added the temp sensor and used Forscan to activate the OEM in-dash diff temp gauge. Can I use the temp controller in the kit and still retain the in dash gauge or will I need to eliminate the controller and only use a manual switch in order to keep the gauge ?
The temp sensor will be transferred to the new diff cover and the gauge will work as it does now. The temp controller is just something that reads off of its independent sensor already installed in the cover and you can adjust the activation temp as to what you like. I also have the Ford temp sensor and a digital diff temp gauge in my 2018 cluster that I added and monitor all the time.

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
Very cool. Thanks so much for the prompt reply ! Guess I better get moving !

Sponsored

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
Ordered the kit today. Pulling things together to get ready. I had considered the FR kit quite a while ago and I remember reading that some people had difficulty getting the half shafts out. Any tips on making that easier or is it no big deal ? Is it the circlips doing their job that makes the axles hard to free ?Any advice would be appreciated, TIA.

OP
OP

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Super easy. Take your knuckles off and do a quick jerk pulling them straight out. I’ve done this to many of the S550 axles. Using the pry bar method makes the pressure uneven. They really come out easy.