Sponsored

Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Well I tried locating the straight white aspirator connector and cant for the life of it find it on any part site. Ford Performance wrote me back when I asked if the inch that was cut off on the tube will be an issue with going back to stock, but when asked if they have any of the plastic connectors or what the part number is they ignored me. The original kits came with the straight connectors then later the 90 degree ones so you would think they have some lying around. I emailed Levitown and they said I'd probably need the entire tube assembly to get it, but when asked for the part number they blew me off too.
Sponsored

Last edited:

67Fast_V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 A10, 1967 Fastback 460ci+
Not to side track the fit-up issues, but was wondering if anyone knows if this Ford performance kit address these 2 issues. See below.

I have the 2020 GT A10 with no drive modes like Sport or Sport+, Track, etc. I was not able to get the Sinc 3 option. So for me, I have only 1 approach for spirited driving and that is to put shifter in S and paddle shift.

Issue 1: In 6th gear (in my car and I assume all others w/o drive modes), redline is reduced to 6800-6900 rpm (fuel/ignition cut-off). Does the A10 reprograming in this kit change the 6th gear redline to the normal/typical 7500 rpm?

Issue 2: Most all my shifts paddle shifting in S are lazy and delayed. It's not horrible but also not inspiring. I just end up pulling the gear 300-500 rpm ahead of my target and hope for the best. Does anyone have direct experience with this kit on how the shifts have been improved paddle shifting in S in a non-drive mode car at WOT?

I have looked through the last 40 pages of this thread and through many other related threads and have come up w/ nothing. Hope someone reading might know the answer... or point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for your help. Cheers.

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Well I tried locating the straight white aspirator connector and cant for the life of it find it on any part site. Ford Performance wrote me back when I asked if the inch that was cut off on the tube will be an issue with going back to stock, but when asked if they have any of the plastic connectors or what the part number is they ignored me. The original kits came with the straight connectors then later the 90 degree ones so you would think they have some lying around. I emailed Levitown and they said I'd probably need the entire tube assembly to get it, but when asked for the part number they blew me off too.
I have all the original take offs in my garage. I can look in the morning to see if there are part numbers stamped.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just curious - are you getting push back from a dealer for a trade in situation? I've often wondered if I would have to deal with the same issue eventually.
I have all the original take offs in my garage. I can look in the morning to see if there are part numbers stamped.
Awesome, thanks!

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Not to side track the fit-up issues, but was wondering if anyone knows if this Ford performance kit address these 2 issues. See below.

I have the 2020 GT A10 with no drive modes like Sport or Sport+, Track, etc. I was not able to get the Sinc 3 option. So for me, I have only 1 approach for spirited driving and that is to put shifter in S and paddle shift.

Issue 1: In 6th gear (in my car and I assume all others w/o drive modes), redline is reduced to 6800-6900 rpm (fuel/ignition cut-off). Does the A10 reprograming in this kit change the 6th gear redline to the normal/typical 7500 rpm?

Issue 2: Most all my shifts paddle shifting in S are lazy and delayed. It's not horrible but also not inspiring. I just end up pulling the gear 300-500 rpm ahead of my target and hope for the best. Does anyone have direct experience with this kit on how the shifts have been improved paddle shifting in S in a non-drive mode car at WOT?

I have looked through the last 40 pages of this thread and through many other related threads and have come up w/ nothing. Hope someone reading might know the answer... or point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for your help. Cheers.
Why not custom tune for e85 (if available in your area) instead? Much more power by itself. Independent of that, even if you can't tune for e85, with a 91/93 tune they can make S mode on your non drive mode car the equivalent of track mode on a drive mode car.

Sponsored

67Fast_V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why not custom tune for e85 (if available in your area) instead? Much more power by itself. Independent of that, even if you can't tune for e85, with a 91/93 tune they can make S mode on your non drive mode car the equivalent of track mode on a drive mode car.
Yes, I could do that but don't want to potentially jeopardize the factory warranty. I'm only 1 yr into the 3 yr bumper to bumper. So custom tune is a ways off for me ... but these A10 issues sure do bug me,

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Yes, I could do that but don't want to potentially jeopardize the factory warranty. I'm only 1 yr into the 3 yr bumper to bumper. So custom tune is a ways off for me ... but these A10 issues sure do bug me,
Warranty isn't voided for mods but a warranty claim can be denied if the mod is blamed for a malfunction. Say I need my my ac replaced on a warranty claim but I have an e85 tune or a blower and e85... warranty would still cover the work as the claim would not be denied.

Just food for thought but I understand your thinking as well.

67Fast_V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand and agree. A tune just opens the door for the dealer on some of the key equipment on the car. Cheers.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
@NeedForGreen Is this the same part? Looks like it.
1651670158109.png

https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-13753-800-111.aspx

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Last edited:

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Would definitely appreciate that.
The OEM part has the Dorman symbol molded on it but no part #.
Here are the dimensions. Looks like it's 3/8 on the female end and 5/16 on the barbed end. This is a Dorman 800-118.

20220504_175817.jpg

20220504_175844.jpg

Screenshot_20220504-184531_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
With this kit/tune, can you go E85 with it?
Sponsored