Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
So .... what is KAM and how do we reset it with a handheld unit or in the settings of the car..?
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
So .... what is KAM and how do we reset it with a handheld unit or in the settings of the car..?
KAM = Keep Alive Memory
Stores short term and learned values such as fuel trims. Can be reset using most handheld tuning devices, or manually by disconnecting negative battery terminal for at least 30 min.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Yeah takes 20 seconds with a handheld. I find my a10 picks up rough down shifts coming to a stop if I do not do a KAM reset occasionally. After reset car drives super smooth for a few key cycles until the tcu picks up it’s bad habits again. fyi.

Never bothered my tuner to try and tune it out completely...

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Yeah takes 20 seconds with a handheld. I find my a10 picks up rough down shifts coming to a stop if I do not do a KAM reset occasionally. After reset car drives super smooth for a few key cycles until the tcu picks up it’s bad habits again. fyi.

Never bothered my tuner to try and tune it out completely...
Yup can clear weirdness. Also great if you got lower quality fuel or something. Comes in handy if running a flex tune and wanting to relearn faster with higher e content. Like if I run 3 tanks of e54 then swap to a full e85-e90 for a track or dyno day etc, just one example of usefulness.

I recall back on the stock Ford tune an occasional surge on the a10 4-5 shift when still rather cold. KAM reset would kill that too.

Sponsored

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Yup can clear weirdness. Also great if you got lower quality fuel or something. Comes in handy if running a flex tune and wanting to relearn faster with higher e content. Like if I run 3 tanks of e54 then swap to a full e85-e90 for a track or dyno day etc, just one example of usefulness.
Yeah these A10’s take a little patience and forgiveness in the end. If they did not run so damn good I would have flipped this car a long time ago. Reality is no car is perfect in every way.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Yeah these A10’s take a little patience and forgiveness in the end. If they did not run so damn good I would have flipped this car a long time ago. Reality is no car is perfect in every way.
Facts. But pros far outweigh cons imo. A10 on e is a beast, though totally understand those that like rowing gears for the enjoyment, or for those where e simply isn't available.

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
Facts. But pros far outweigh cons imo. A10 on e is a beast, though totally understand those that like rowing gears for the enjoyment, or for those where e simply isn't available.
Coming from a dual clutch i see the negative of the 10r80. If only it had been tuned from factory to downshift to the lowest gear instantly holding the left paddle shifter pressed, its really hard to place yourself in a roll race and have direct power. You can use the paddles but in like 3 seconds it goes back to drive.

Kickdown is also very present. When your used to downshifting gear and not feel any hit on the drivetrain its hard to go back to a converter auto.

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
But its the best automatic trans i have driven so im accepting its weakness. Mine is perfectly running so i feel lucky

Many members have troubles with theirs

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Coming from a dual clutch i see the negative of the 10r80. If only it had been tuned from factory to downshift to the lowest gear instantly holding the left paddle shifter pressed, its really hard to place yourself in a roll race and have direct power. You can use the paddles but in like 3 seconds it goes back to drive.

Kickdown is also very present. When your used to downshifting gear and not feel any hit on the drivetrain its hard to go back to a converter auto.

A BMW DCT or Porsche PDK is in another league than the 10R80 for track use. Don't get me wrong the 10R80 is awesome in a straight line, I just find the DCT or PDK much more intuitive and reacts to the track much better.

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Wonder if Ford does revisions and updates on these calibrations, do they notify or post something online so you can reflash tune if needed? I know Roush does it over time, but dealer usually only gets the info.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
That's my video actually lol. Yeah that dyno run was right after install. I wonder if I dynoed it now maybe I would have higher numbers now that the car had time to learn the fuel octane?
I've seen dynos of other intake set ups (different cars, mostly just researching different approaches to intake design) and it seemed common to not see any real difference until a few pulls were made.

I love the kit, but I won't deny that the 40 ft-lbs of torque at 2k needs some golden conditions to hit (good gas and some nice cold, dense air).

I've noticed some worse IATs over time. I went around and made sure every seam in the molding is covered but I have a feeling it's the seal on top that's starting to give way. I'll either try to pad it with some pipe foam, which might fit quite nicely over it, or just lower the hood a smidge.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Does this kit have a carb sticker somewhere in the box or on the CAI?

Just curious on how to show at smog stations that it is Carb legal?

Gbk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Does this kit have a carb sticker somewhere in the box or on the CAI?

Just curious on how to show at smog stations that it is Carb legal?
The kit comes with some stickers that have the carb compliant numbers on it. I threw those in the trash lol. Do they actually ask you about every aftermarket part to provide proof?

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs

You could put it in manual mode and select the gear you want. After you wot push the shifter into D. Let the transmission shift for you.
Sponsored