Sponsored

Ford Performance oil catch can

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
must be, clearly I didn't get M-6766-A50A even though the invoice says so.

IMG_1785.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 3.21.52 PM.png
I wouldn’t have known either. The correct part isn’t the easiest install in the world. Simple but you have to be VERY careful installing the bracket to not break the clip that secures the oem wiring harness. Go slow! It’s impossible to replace on its own without a new harness

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I wouldn’t have known either. The correct part isn’t the easiest install in the world. Simple but you have to be VERY careful installing the bracket to not break the clip that secures the oem wiring harness. Go slow! It’s impossible to replace on its own without a new harness
You shouldn't have to remove the plug from the TB as I would be able to sneak the brkt underneath only the wiring harness on the cam cover itself where the brkt is secured.

Hell, after what I went through I think I would rather have the one you have. Like I said the ones in the past seem to be more of a plug-and-play. Good luck and keep us posted!

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I broke the clip. Harness just dangles. Doesn't hurt anything and no one will even notice. I hate that clip....

Sponsored

Esset

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2021 MACH 1
For everyone who broke the clip, just find someone with 3d printer and make this kind of second clip. Its glued, holds perfect and disengage is super easy. Filament used is ABS.

EDIT: OK, now I see I accidentally broke a different clip than the one you're talking about. Funny thing is, I took that one down with no problem and I screwed this "easy" one up

MrZ0E3yJNIQbOzSS4RqScoKg=w3473-h1953-no?authuser=0.jpg

Last edited:

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
I'm leaving mine as is...it's in, it's secure, nothing broke and it's working...lol. done.

IMG_1804.jpeg

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
You got different part, yeah. But it'll work fine even if it was just hanging there like aftermarket catch cans.

@Esset There's no need to disconnect the connector, only move the harness away from the bolt on which it's fixated. Even if it wasn't, like Zelek says, there's no issue or it can be strapped there etc.

2fast2focus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andres
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
I broke the clip. Harness just dangles. Doesn't hurt anything and no one will even notice. I hate that clip....
I know this is old, but I came here because I just did the same thing. I was trying to be so careful and that stupid clip just snapped with almost no effort. Glad to know I can leave it be.

Sponsored

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
I know this is old, but I came here because I just did the same thing. I was trying to be so careful and that stupid clip just snapped with almost no effort. Glad to know I can leave it be.
Just for the record, to release the clip, it helps if you insert a thin nail or something sturdy into its opening behind the latch, which you can notice when you look at it from above, and use it to push the latch towards the end of the bolt on which it is hanging. The latch is clearly designed to be a one way only.

Pipefittermax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2306
Rainy day today so I decided to install my Ford performance catch can. I truly appreciated all the pioneers who did this before me. Yes the top valve cover bolt pulls out hard. I was also careful when it came to removing the wire harness clip. After close examination I decided to use an Allen wrench to remove the clip. I inserted the Allen wrench from the top and pulled the Allen wrench and the clip forward at the same time. Harness clip came off with ease and with no damage. Hope this helps

20230506_125516_resized_1.jpg

fordracerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FJG M1
I'm leaving mine as is...it's in, it's secure, nothing broke and it's working...lol. done.
My buddy had the same catch can from his old GT. I dremeled the tab off, and zip tied the longer hose to the wire harness (where it crosses perpendicularly). I certainly don't mind saving a few bucks! It is very stable

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
I installed this so long ago and I don't recall having any issues. Went right on and I forgot about it.
Sponsored