Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
Thanks for the heads up.
I had that on my Christmas list and sent it to my wife and kids yesterday.
Cheapest one that I found was at Levittown Ford and it was 175 plus shipping.
Blue Oval is 160 and free shipping.
They just sent me a refund saying the can is now out of stock even while hosing 8 available as of today. Back to the drawing board to find the right one.
Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Levittown said it's on national backorder but they sent it week later. They give code for free shipping if you send them PM.

OP
OP
snakeyes

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
My point - why spend $200 on a POS you have to deal with all these fucked up problems with :angry: - - when YOU DON'T HAVE TO if you buy something else - Dah...:like:

wiedemab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'21 M1 HP, '67 Chevy II, '72 'Burb, '89 Notch
FWIW - I looked at several options and ultimately went with the Ford Performance - mainly for the OEM look. Some of the others don't really mount that I could tell, they just kind of hang there by the hoses, which I'm sure will be fine, but... The Ford ones won't be as easy to empty, but I'll use a small syringe and a rag and it'll work. The bracket on the PS was a little odd, but thankfully I didn't have the issues you did with the harness clip. I added the GT350 DS catch can as well. mounted the same and the hose to the intake worked just fine, but he hose to the valve cover had to be modified. I just cut the hose, warmed it with a heat gun and re-inserted the fitting.

Just for reference -

PS - FMS-M-6766-A50A
DS - FMS-M-6766-A50S (intended for GT350 5.2L)

Here is a pic of the GT350 setup with the hose reworked. The rear hose is short and flexed a bit. I'll keep an eye on it and if needed I'll cut up my factory hose, heat it and re-shape it to fit.
PXL_20211113_002606254.jpg

Here is a gratuitous pic of the PS - Looks the same as all others I'm sure (I know the rear hose isn't connected all the way - I think I took the pic when I was mocking it up

PXL_20211112_005446802.jpg

Last edited:

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
FWIW - I looked at several options and ultimately went with the Ford Performance - mainly for the OEM look. Some of the others don't really mount that I could tell, they just kind of hang there by the hoses, which I'm sure will be fine, but... The Ford ones won't be as easy to empty, but I'll use a small syringe and a rag and it'll work. The bracket on the PS was a little odd, but thankfully I didn't have the issues you did with the harness clip. I added the GT350 DS catch can as well. mounted the same and the hose to the intake worked just fine, but he hose to the valve cover had to be modified. I just cut the hose, warmed it with a heat gun and re-inserted the fitting.

Just for reference -

PS - FMS-M-6766-A50A
DS - FMS-M-6766-A50S (intended for GT350 5.2L)

Here is a pic of the GT350 setup with the hose reworked. The rear hose is short and flexed a bit. I'll keep an eye on it and if needed I'll cut up my factory hose, heat it and re-shape it to fit.
PXL_20211113_002606254.jpg

Here is a gratuitous pic of the PS - Looks the same as all others I'm sure (I know the rear hose isn't connected all the way - I think I took the pic when I was mocking it up

PXL_20211112_005446802.jpg
I remember I had to flip the hoses to make it fit correctly when I had the gt350. And as far as blow by the passenger side was the only issue. Are you seeing it on the driver's side too?

Sponsored

wiedemab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'21 M1 HP, '67 Chevy II, '72 'Burb, '89 Notch
I remember I had to flip the hoses to make it fit correctly when I had the gt350. And as far as blow by the passenger side was the only issue. Are you seeing it on the driver's side too?
My car only has 500 miles on it - like 50 since installing these. Haven't had it to the track yet, but I'll keep you posted (probably be Spring time - getting cold in Indiana). I figured it didn't hurt to have them both. If I'm thinking about it correctly - It makes sense that you'd get more in the PS since that is the side that will pull a vacuum when the throttle closes - connected to the intake manifold. The DS is pulling filtered air from the air intake between the filter and TB which would typically be at atmospheric pressure (maybe slight vacuum at WOT if the intake can't serve up enough air, but it doesn't seem too restrictive). I think the issue would be under hard sustained cornering you could get some.

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ford Performance Parts M-6766-A50A
One of the easiest installations out there. Looks like it belongs there and not just "hanging" around. Extremely easy to remove the entire housing for cleaning on the bench.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
I installed catch can today and I gotta agree with others, the install went smoothly and easily. Make sure to get the proper part M-6766-A50A.

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/m-6766-a50a.html

1 bolt replaced with stud, loosening the electrical harness clamp required pushing with flat screwdriver so it would come off the bolt's thread (and I didn't break it).

I like the bracket design with firm seating and the catch can itself has really nice OEM look, like it's meant to be there. Emptying is a matter of disconnecting two quick connectors of the tubes and pouring oil out, fast and simple.

Took some pics with the bracket, haven't seen many of those around.

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg

Last edited:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I know its not related, but if anyone ever has blo by with this catch can, I had the ford perf catch cans on my EcoBoost and maybe the EcoBoost has higher pressures (turbo) but to fix it, I simply took the lid from the bottom, put a little bead of the right stuff on it and sealed it up and let it cure for 24hours inside the house since nice and warm I never had a single spec of blow by afterwards. just put it out there for anyone if it ever starts to separate from pressure.

now, I did reduce the amount before I sealed it a bit. but yeah, never had an issue. and to drain the oil, all you do is just tip it anyway and it flows out the spout. you can crack it apart if you really wanted, but I never saw a point. shouldn't have metal shards or anything clogging the filter screen. could always flush it with water or solution and pour it out anyway to clean the screen both sides.

its like the pressure started deforming the case itself, maybe from heat cycles etc.. maybe needed more bolts to help clamping force? unsure. but posting in case ever happens to anyone else. I just wiped away the excess from outside with alcohol and looked perfect when cured.

this happened to two catch cans, ford perf sent me a brand new catch can, and it worked but within 4 months started blow by again. and many other ford perf catch can people experienced same issue. (I would buy it again) and I would reseal it again if it happened again. its a extremely nice catch can, that is remedied (but shouldn't have too) not a big deal though.

4E5A5722-6683-4891-B29D-BE9B7DADA9C1.jpeg

4c462208-25c1-4651-92db-ddcd7c34cb3f-jpeg.38023.jpeg

5c6d7ec8-fa90-4a6d-98dd-db20e62dcbfb-jpeg.38024.jpeg

23b0b459-ad66-4080-9c65-effd924b0545-jpeg.38022.jpeg

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I know its not related, but if anyone ever has blo by with this catch can, I had the ford perf catch cans on my EcoBoost and maybe the EcoBoost has higher pressures (turbo) but to fix it, I simply took the lid from the bottom, put a little bead of the right stuff on it and sealed it up and let it cure for 24hours inside the house since nice and warm I never had a single spec of blow by afterwards. just put it out there for anyone if it ever starts to separate from pressure.

now, I did reduce the amount before I sealed it a bit. but yeah, never had an issue. and to drain the oil, all you do is just tip it anyway and it flows out the spout. you can crack it apart if you really wanted, but I never saw a point. shouldn't have metal shards or anything clogging the filter screen. could always flush it with water or solution and pour it out anyway to clean the screen both sides.

its like the pressure started deforming the case itself, maybe from heat cycles etc.. maybe needed more bolts to help clamping force? unsure. but posting in case ever happens to anyone else. I just wiped away the excess from outside with alcohol and looked perfect when cured.

this happened to two catch cans, ford perf sent me a brand new catch can, and it worked but within 4 months started blow by again. and many other ford perf catch can people experienced same issue. (I would buy it again) and I would reseal it again if it happened again. its a extremely nice catch can, that is remedied (but shouldn't have too) not a big deal though.

Mines like that too. Not worried about it.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Mines like that too. Not worried about it.
well theres always this little fix. cost me a few bucks and 24 hours to cure. mine progressively got worst. every 5k-10k miles I got like, a shot glass worth or something like that, wasn't nothing drastic and the FP catch can holds a ton of fluid so didnt worry about ever overfilling. imo, does the job well, but didnt like splatters on the engine cover. so had to do something about it.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I wish I could say the same. It just goes to show you how different these can be and consider this is the 4th install I have done. note: 12 Boss, 17 gt350, 19 Bullitt
I had a time getting the cam cover bolt off but only took some pulling. Next, the bracket that holds the catch can had to be bent upwards slightly to get it over the cam cover threads before I could add the 2nd 8mm nut. The only thing I may consider is adding a cable tie to hold the catch can in place. I feel there is a bit of travel up and down where the bracket slides under the catch can but there really isn't anywhere it can go considering it is held by the hoses. :)

2021 mach 1 catch can.jpg

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT

I've never had any issues with the UPR Catch cans on both my Focus ST or the 2017 Mustang GT. Maybe because they're aluminum "cans" with a rubber seal versus the plastic material of the Ford Performance units? Not sure. Plus I like the fact that the UPR can mounts to the radiator core so that it's further away from the motor heat...better condensate extraction on the Mustang?

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Same here, unplug one hose, plug in the JLT can. No clips, tools, brackets etc.
I have JLT one waiting to install...I am paranoid about unhooking that wiring harness with the red clip though. Don't want to break it...wish someone had a video showing how that part goes. It definitely won't route under it unfortunately.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I have JLT one waiting to install...I am paranoid about unhooking that wiring harness with the red clip though. Don't want to break it...wish someone had a video showing how that part goes. It definitely won't route under it unfortunately.
That was my least concern when I installed mine. In fact, I never needed to remove it as the bracket slid right underneath it. What was the issue as I mentioned it earlier was getting the cam cover bolt out. The washer underneath the bolt was quite snug so it was just a matter of pulling harder and the bracket had to be modified slightly to fit under the cam cover bolt.

I used the JLT as well so you can't really go wrong as it is more of a plug-and-play install. :)
Sponsored