Ford performance hood struts

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 1992 Mustang GT
Just bought these and had a few questions about them. First off, will the installation mess up my hood alignment? And if so are there any tips to avoid this. Also any tips regarding the window washing fluid line I understand they can be crushed with these struts. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

ER95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As long as you don’t remove both bolts on the hinge, the alignment shouldn’t be affected.

Just had a set of Redline hood struts delivered as well, I believe the instructions will tell you where to place the washer line.

ArtieTheOneManParty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I learned about the washer line the hard way, so take your time and be sure it doesn't pinch. I haven't replaced it yet, but I'm guessing that's in my future.

Gargoyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Bringing this thread up from the dead. installed these today on a 2020 GT. You drill a 1 inch hole in the battery cover each time you wanna work on the battery I guess you can swing it out of the way but then it’s this bulky cover in the way or you have to pop the lower hood strut?
Havent done it yet .. got struts on doesn’t seem like there is aftermarket battery covers either that are smaller?

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1(Need For Green)
Cut a slit in the battery cover hole you drill, so you can slip it off over the strut. Most of the other brands mention that in the instructions or install videos. Not sure if the Ford struts do.

Sponsored

Gargoyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Cut a slit in the battery cover hole you drill, so you can slip it off over the strut. Most of the other brands mention that in the instructions or install videos. Not sure if the Ford struts do.
Thank you sir!

BlueThunder16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP Deep Impact Blue
I have the redline struts, and this is exactly what I did. Works perfectly and I don't really notice the slit either unless you're looking for it.
Sponsored