OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
that only applies to "roush retail" parts if i am reading correctly.

does not apply to roush overstock parts, non roush parts and and accessories, roush wheels, roushcharger, roush competition parts, or roush crate engines..

do we know what part category the supercharger is in?
Just to be clear, my post above is off the page for the Roush Performance Pack 2 and not the one for the supercharger. I would guess that the supercharger is in the ROUSHcharger category, which is indicated to have a separate warranty.

EDIT; Hang on, it's looks like it's a category issue. Digging now.

EDIT 2: Found it, buried down in the pages is a separate warranty for the power packs, and it's 3/36. I've gone back above and corrected / deleted some posts to get rid of the erroneous info.
Capture.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
so what does this or any other kit like this do in the real world, a 1/10 th of a second on 0-60 or what?
Maybe. I have one in my PP1 and I've never felt any difference at all and my lap time and trap speeds did not change. Putting a good hood vent in did way more than this thing did. Plus the NLS feature causes havoc on the road course, it's a drag racer thing I guess but on a road course it just plays hell with everything. You either pretty much side step the clutch on every shift which puts immense load onto the fragile MT82 or you get a pile of stuttering until you get the clutch up. Makes driving smoothly very difficult. I regret ever reading about the damn thing. And Ford will not disable the NLS, at least that's what they told me when I called and complained about it.

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe. I have one in my PP1 and I've never felt any difference at all and my lap time and trap speeds did not change. Putting a good hood vent in did way more than this thing did. Plus the NLS feature causes havoc on the road course, it's a drag racer thing I guess but on a road course it just plays hell with everything. You either pretty much side step the clutch on every shift which puts immense load onto the fragile MT82 or you get a pile of stuttering until you get the clutch up. Makes driving smoothly very difficult. I regret ever reading about the damn thing. And Ford will not disable the NLS, at least that's what they told me when I called and complained about it.
I do see "Features exclusive no-lift shift strategy and enhanced throttle response " on the 2015-2017 Power Pack verbiage, but it is not being mentioned again in the 2018+ product.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
I wonder why this costs more than the equivalent 15-17's pp2.

Edit: levittown is selling it for $1000 even before whatever coupon code they have going on for the group by. Much more in line with 15-17's pricing.

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
Someone please confirm my assumption:

So if I purchased my 2018 GT in April 2018 and assume I purchased this kit in April 2020, I would only have a year left on this 3/36k Ford Performance warranty?

If that's the case....forget it..

lb18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Someone please confirm my assumption:

So if I purchased my 2018 GT in April 2018 and assume I purchased this kit in April 2020, I would only have a year left on this 3/36k Ford Performance warranty?

If that's the case....forget it..
That’s my understanding too however I could be wrong. I’m in the same boat, I’d like the increase in torque down low but not convinced it’s worth it. Looking forward to feedback from those who have already signed up for it.

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
I’d rather just spend the money and get a Lund e85 tune. Yes, I get people are worried about their warranty but they have to prove said parts caused it. I had a tuned, full bolt on 2012 Gt that had an issue and all was covered because they knew it had nothing to do with the tune. But I get some people may not want to risk it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
but they have to prove said parts caused it.
They don’t have to prove it, they just have to state it. Whether or not a dealership will blame your mod on something that’s obviously unrelated to deny warranty work seems to vary greatly from dealership to dealership.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
You didn't miss anything. Unlike the Ford Performance tune, the Roush tune only warrants it's own parts . Throw a rod with the Roush tune and you're SOL if Ford blames the tune. Ford Performance would take care of it, but only in the first 3/36, as opposed to the factory 5/60 or any extended warranty you may buy.

EDIT: Deleted erroneous time for Roush warranty.
Thats what I thought...the only way I tune this car is with a FRPP tune. Yes you lose 2 years and 24k miles of warranty, but I have found if you have a catastrophic engine failure it will rear its head 90% of the time before the first 36k miles. Talked to a couple of Ford advisors at dealers near me they all said with the FRPP Power packs it is no issue with warranty work. Buying the car from the dealer that is doing the install and would be doing the warranty work.

Dave

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
I’d rather just spend the money and get a Lund e85 tune. Yes, I get people are worried about their warranty but they have to prove said parts caused it. I had a tuned, full bolt on 2012 Gt that had an issue and all was covered because they knew it had nothing to do with the tune. But I get some people may not want to risk it.
At 20k miles now and only have a year of warranty left. The FRPP didn't seem worth it for the price so I pulled the trigger on Lund E85 tune same day or so this was released. haven't done any mods to engine before this; only an x-pipe but lot of suspension and appearance mods. Everytime i take my car in for a oil change, there are like 10 or more people at the dealership around my car swarming like bees. The service advisor and others always admire it and say the car is beautiful blah blah... But I know pretty sure they'll blame my mods straight away without even looking at anything for warranty related issues, cause at 4k miles i've complained about the tick and 2k rpm rattle (back then Ford didn't release any TSB) and they straight away refused blaming it on the exhaust.

I've had a CEL once causing irregular idling and the VCT solenoids were replaced under warranty

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
They don’t have to prove it, they just have to state it. Whether or not a dealership will blame your mod on something that’s obviously unrelated to deny warranty work seems to vary greatly from dealership to dealership.
Not unless they want a lawsuit they won’t. But yea, I check with said dealership before purchasing to see if they are gonna give me any crap if I decide to mod or not.
At 20k miles now and only have a year of warranty left. The FRPP didn't seem worth it for the price so I pulled the trigger on Lund E85 tune same day or so this was released. haven't done any mods to engine before this; only an x-pipe but lot of suspension and appearance mods. Everytime i take my car in for a oil change, there are like 10 or more people at the dealership around my car swarming like bees. The service advisor and others always admire it and say the car is beautiful blah blah... But I know pretty sure they'll blame my mods straight away without even looking at anything for warranty related issues, cause at 4k miles i've complained about the tick and 2k rpm rattle (back then Ford didn't release any TSB) and they straight away refused blaming it on the exhaust.

I've had a CEL once causing irregular idling and the VCT solenoids were replaced under warranty
I try to advocate for people to talk to dealerships about how they feel about aftermarket parts before buying a vehicle from there. Some dealerships are more knowledgeable than others and don’t let their ignorance get in the way if there’s an issue. If I do a mod and it’s my fault, I’ll pony up the cash. Some just want to take the easy way out which is a bunch of bs
Sponsored