Sponsored

2018 Ford Performance Power Packs... Are they coming??

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
A stock Gen 3 is faster than any power pack Gen 2.

On pump gas, the 18/19s are almost maxed out from the factory. The most Ford would come out with is the Bullitt package for a whopping 20hp. For me, it's only worth getting a tune if you're going to run E85
I would disagree especially if the Ford tune remaps the torque management & tweeks the fueling slightly, of course this would be on an A10
I would expect a solid .1 and poss .15 in the 1/4?

On the stick shift I would agree, a 93 tune may not be worth it....

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jules
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
"Crankolina" - Turdlock was better!. Moved down to CLT 5 years ago from NYC. Its awesome here great weather, smooth uncrowded roads. lots of jobs, lots of race tracks. One of the fastest growing cities in US. Yes compared to NY or Cali its cheap - but that means more money for my toys. In July I'm doing 3 laps in my 18 GT round Charlotte Motor Speedway. June thru Aug ZMAX is open for Test n Tune. September Mustang Week at Myrtle Beach. Few laps round Carolina Motorsports Park as well. and it won't bust the bank. Peace Man

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
A stock Gen 3 is faster than any power pack Gen 2.

On pump gas, the 18/19s are almost maxed out from the factory. The most Ford would come out with is the Bullitt package for a whopping 20hp. For me, it's only worth getting a tune if you're going to run E85
A stock Gen 3 with the A10, absolutely in all cases. With the 6M, prob against PP2 but prob not against PP3, which has slightly more power (I estimate 2-4 in reality though by Fords numbers for both it’s 12 (460 vs 472)) and the 15-17s have shorter gearing.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I've been discussing tunes with Lund a lot lately...they have said for a while that about the only worthwhile mods on NA manual 2018+ are E85 or long tubes. They ran a 10.8xx with long tubes, sticky tires and the stock airbox. Just more confirmation of what has been said an awful lot, namely that Ford really maxed out the 2018+ right from the factory, which makes sense when it comes to it being such a struggle to get them to offer power packs.

Sponsored

mjr1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Any update on the Power Packs for the 18-19 GT's? Getting impatient, I may pull the trigger on the Roush Power Pack. I'm beginning to wonder if we'll see Power Packs from Ford.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Any update on the Power Packs for the 18-19 GT's? Getting impatient, I may pull the trigger on the Roush Power Pack. I'm beginning to wonder if we'll see Power Packs from Ford.
None has been mentioned recently. Just tune for e85 and do LTH or cat deletes. A ton more power than any of the power packs will offer (unless we're talking a power pack going FI).

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jules
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have seen posts for the past 8 months saying 2018/9 GT Power Packs are coming - still nothing official or confirmed. The 18 Eco Power Pack came out fast enough but not GT. I got my 18 GT with 10A trans and it runs 12.7 114 mph at ZMAX in 85-90 degree heat. I didn't order the Performance Pack (economics) so I'd really like a Power Pack especially if it helps the 10A trans. Anybody tried other tuners (SCT, Bama etc.) how'd they do? any helpers to trans performance?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I have seen posts for the past 8 months saying 2018/9 GT Power Packs are coming - still nothing official or confirmed. The 18 Eco Power Pack came out fast enough but not GT. I got my 18 GT with 10A trans and it runs 12.7 114 mph at ZMAX in 85-90 degree heat. I didn't order the Performance Pack (economics) so I'd really like a Power Pack especially if it helps the 10A trans. Anybody tried other tuners (SCT, Bama etc.) how'd they do? any helpers to trans performance?
Not the canned tune from SCT but can use it as a vessel for a custom tune. Shaun from AED does mine and includes trans tuning for the A10. Lund or PBD are also good choices. Go flex or e85 while at it for the best bang for your buck (if available)

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Lund Flex tune...can't go wrong. Run e85 and 93, let's you account for seasonality (store over winter with 93). CAI isn't needed on the '18+ (although I'm running a Roush CAI no insert). PBD is also solid, likely can't go wrong there either. I have the ngauge and Lund tune. Car shreds the streets and very happy.

Sponsored

2slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
My 18’ has been on the lift for a month as I lost 2nd gear. Should be ready next week so I asked the shop advisor about the power pack. He quoted me $4300 for gt350 intake with larger throttle body and tune.... ‍♂

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
My 18’ has been on the lift for a month as I lost 2nd gear. Should be ready next week so I asked the shop advisor about the power pack. He quoted me $4300 for gt350 intake with larger throttle body and tune.... ‍♂
Wow. That price point is insane. The amount of hp you get makes the $/hp nuts.You're border line super charger at that rate.

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT Premium
LOL, you should ask if that comes with a rape kit.

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT Premium
So what are the avg gains and what is changed with just a 93 octane tune with no other supporting mods?

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I check here everyday I see a new post hoping the PP2 kits comes out if they even have one. I had one on my 15’ GT and it made a big difference.

Anyone know what levels will be offered? Like the 15-17’s was PP1, PP2 and PP3.
Sponsored