Sponsored

Ford oil catch cans

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
IMO, I don't know why anyone would go with an aftermarket catch can versus the FP versions, considering Ford spends countless hours and dollars testing these, they fit and look like OEM, and they will never cause a warranty issue for you.

In reference to those folks that think they aren't necessary, you clearly have never used catch cans before....
Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
IMO, I don't know why anyone would go with an aftermarket catch can versus the FP versions, considering Ford spends countless hours and dollars testing these, they fit and look like OEM, and they will never cause a warranty issue for you.

In reference to those folks that think they aren't necessary, you clearly have never used catch cans before....
I decided based on serviceability. The Ford ones look like a PITA to remove the oil.

All the catch cans on the market are plug and play and could only void your warranty, if they somehow FODed out your engine

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I decided based on serviceability. The Ford ones look like a PITA to remove the oil.

All the catch cans on the market are plug and play and could only void your warranty, if they somehow FODed out your engine
I just remove the lids and use a syringe to suck out the oil and then clean with a rag. The Driver side is simple, takes 4 minutes. The passenger side take about 10 minutes as I remove the two bolts holding the overflow tank since it blocks one of lid screws on the catch can. Considering this is only done at every oil change, it's hardly an issue.

I find it highly doubtful that a FP part will void the warranty on a FP vehicle.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Look like bobs

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Yup. Those were the Bob's units purchased for development cars.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I can tell you I have 2 JLT's on my 5.2. Driver and passenger sides. Not 100% sure but pretty sure the 5.2 and 5.0 are compatable.

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 2016 GT350 TP DIB w/White Stripes
Cheers!!! Got a full shot glass out of the pass side FP collector. 1800 miles since install. I'm also about 1 qt. low on oil, bottom of the hash marks....
[/url]2016-09-18_01-25-44 by Performance Restoration, on Flickr[/IMG]

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

mustangfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Just installed both a passenger side and drivers side Ford Performance units and I am not satisfied with the way the passenger side hose fits into the intake tube. The hose is badly kinked and I was wondering if anyone else with this unit had this issue.

Thanks!
20160926_182704.jpg

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Just installed both a passenger side and drivers side Ford Performance units and I am not satisfied with the way the passenger side hose fits into the intake tube. The hose is badly kinked and I was wondering if anyone else with this unit had this issue.

Thanks!
When I installed mine last winter I installed mine hose opposite
image.jpg

Last edited:

Schredder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt 350
Hi I just installed my new for performance catch can on the passengers side of my gt 350. The exit hose from the top of the can to the intake looks like I put it on backwards with the 90* on the can and the 45* on the intake. Didn't seem to want to go on the other way without major kinking. Is there any reason it will not work right this way. It clicked together easy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanx, Schredder
Sponsored