Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I just ordered the GT350 setup a couple days ago. Will it have the latest updates, or are there some new components I should be taking a look at?

-T
Your good to go as we have been filling all pre-existing orders and making sure the kits are all set on the GT350 since they were released.
Sponsored

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Please provide the exact links to the UPR, JLT and Bob catch cans

About the UPR Single Catch Can System with the UPR Clean Side Separator. This system is the only one of it's kind that includes with UPR Plug n Play™ Catch Can. UPR Braided Hoses - UPR Billet Hose
Ends - UPR Plug n Play Fittings.

Featuring a mounting location behind the passenger side headlight to be able to keep the UPR catch can cool and allow it to be able to condense and coalesce the oil to deliver superior protection. Even the UPR CSS - Clean Side Separator has separate chambers and coalescing filters to protect the clean side of the PCV system.

With its Multi-Stage and Multi-Chamber Oil Coalescing and Condensing system to deliver the best protection against oil ingestion. This system's inlet goes through the 1st stage center diffuser and starts to coalesce once it passes through the 2nd stage diffuser filter and then starts the first condensing process when it hits the 3rd stage diffuser shield and begins to cool as it washes down the cooler diffuser walls.

The 4th stage now occurs as the air and vapor pass across the last and final series of coalescing shields and filters. Cleaning the air from the PCV thoroughly, of unwanted oil and moisture. Each of these stages is handled in a different chamber and area of the catch can to ensure proper oil separation.

Just wanted to be sure and give you a quick little understanding of what goes into the UPR Plug N Play™ Catch Can Systems.

The UPR Catch Can functionality is so unique that is was Awarded a US Utility Patent on the modular components and stages the oil has to go through. The UPR Plug N Play™ Clean Side Separators unique design is even going through the process of being approved for a US Utility Patent as well.

5030-156-1-CSS

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-billet-plug-n-play-catch-can-css-gt350-16.html

Thank you, Joe

Rags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Ok dumb question. If you're not tracking your car, is there any need for catch can setup? Again, total novice on some of these things.

Goofball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 R
Ok dumb question. If you're not tracking your car, is there any need for catch can setup? Again, total novice on some of these things.
I'm with Rags.... What does it do and why the heck do I need one?

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Your not loosing anything by keeping oil out of your intake. Better power/mpg. I run separators at minimum on all my cars I've owned. Catch cans when the application was available. Will be ordering for my GT350 soon

Sponsored

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'm with Rags.... What does it do and why the heck do I need one?
I had to go look it up. I've been tracking cars for over a decade and had never even heard of them, much less used one.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I had to go look it up. I've been tracking cars for over a decade and had never even heard of them, much less used one.
I put a catch can on our SRT a few years ago and I can say it collects a lot of oil from even daily driving. Sure, these two engines are different, but you never know.

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Just a quick response to explain the reasoning. As cars evolved the demand for HP and MPG.
It could be accomplished with increased demand on the PCV system. The PCV system over
the years has been moving the vacuum source to areas where there is higher and more
consistent vacuum.

They started at the 1.) Airbox 2.) Intake Tube 3.) Throttle body 4.) Front of Upper manifold
5.) Rear of Upper manifold and then into various locations on the lower manifold for the
strongest source of vacuum.

Looking back, I can remember the days of seeing people getting oil ingestion in the upper
manifold and putting breather filters on the valve cover. Then oil would get pushed out the
breathers, and you would even see rags tie strapped around the filters.

Mustangs from 1986 and newer were notorious for sucking oil through the rear PCV into the
upper manifold and then burning oil. Not large amounts because the vacuum draw / demand
on the PCV was yet to be discovered to deliver such great MPG and HP from the increased
vacuum. In turn, the increased higher vacuum produced a noticeable improvement in ring
seal and reduced crankcase pressure and allowing the piston stroke to have less resistance.

My own 95 Mustang GTS the Red GT everyone knows from the BFG ads and posters in the late
90's early 2000's was the first car that pulled a lot of oil through the intake manifold. ( BONE STOCK )
No track or drag racing yet. I, of course, switched to oil that didn't combust to reduce detonation
and make it safer.

Everything still got fouled up the intake, cylinder heads, valves and spark plugs in 20,000
miles. I know this because when we pulled the heads to start making some power they had
a lot of buildup for such a short time because of the PCV oil.

Now to move on to the late model engine that has the highest vacuum and can suck a few
ounces of oil out of the crankcase via vapor/mist in 3,000 miles on a brand new engine within
the first oil change. Also, as the rings seat vacuum increases and delivers more vacuum through
the PCV.

This explanation on oil ingestion is simple and is something 95% of consumers are unaware of
as manufacturers have always just run the crap through the engine and burned. Which reduces
plug life throttle response and over time MPG and overall Performance.

A properly functioning catch can system that captures oil correctly will decrease the frequency
of tune-ups and engine maintenance and not suffer decreased mileage over time.

Lastly, I own a 2006 Chrysler SRT8 and it does collect a lot of oil in the catch can system. But
the 11-16 Mustangs have a stronger more efficient PCV system and move a lot more oil per oil
change and they a great investment in the performance and longevity of any vehicle.

Hope this sheds a bit of light on the oil ingestion problems of modern cars.

Joe

Last edited:

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Hey Joe, could you explain more about the CSS and why it is needed? Thanks for the other explanations, by the way. :cheers:

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Hey Joe, could you explain more about the CSS and why it is needed? Thanks for the other explanations, by the way. :cheers:
The benefit of using the UPR CSS - Clen Side Separator is to be sure that you don't let and oil vapor or mist into the intake tract. For more aggressive driving higher heat and summer temps. This is the only real time you will need the protection and it's still best to filter all the fresh air that goes in and out of the crankcase on the clean side of the PCV system.

https://plus.google.com/111368442576496538340/posts/brUyNqN6H6i

Sponsored

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
For those interested in the UPR system, Lethal has them on sale for $280, including tax and shipping ! Looks like sale is only for a couple days.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
For those interested in the UPR system, Lethal has them on sale for $280, including tax and shipping ! Looks like sale is only for a couple days.
Website says 349, marked down from 389. How does 280 come up?

goodkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2014 Polar Edition Wrangler; 2005 350Z
Nice, just ordered.

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
Sorry about not including code, duh, but great deal.
Sponsored