Sponsored

The comprehensive oil separator/catch can thread

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
I'm interested in oil separator experiences for those who track their GT350. I had the JLT passenger side oil separator on my old motor, so re-evaluating for the replacement. I would find it 1/4 full after two track weekends. Please post your experiences/feedback and thanks!
Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I have the FP unit on the pax side and I took the driver's side one off because it was in the way and never had anything in it. I think I have a fairly tight motor because I only get about 2 ounces after 5 or 6 track days, each of which involves a 450 mile round trip to and from the track.

If you want trouble-free, swap out the cam covers and put the GT500 unit on. Self emptying. My view, though, is that I can empty mine (takes about five minutes) a lot of times for $750.

OP
OP

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
I'm not willing to be the guinea pig for a new config re: GT500 cam covers after an engine failure and replacement, but I'll keep an eye out for other's experiences.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
I have the FP oil separators on both sides. I never collected much oil in the driver's side until I switched to Hoosier R7 slicks for track days. After doing that, and increasing my cornering grip accordingly, both sides now collect similar amounts during track days. YMMV.

Last edited: