Sponsored

FL-2087 oil filter

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617), GT500 (N3432)
Set out to see what my trusted local dealer had. They had one that they are saving for a service requirement and it was a three week backorder for any more. A quick check of the parts system showed the next dealership down the road had four FL-2087s. So I drove down the road and bought two of them.

They’re out there. Keep looking.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Set out to what my trusted local dealer had. They had one that they are saving for a service requirement and it was a three week backorder for any more. A quick check of the parts system showed the next dealership down the road had four FL-2087s. So I drove down the road and two of them.

They’re out there. Keep looking.
I've had a few on emergency backorder for a while now. They ain't a comin anytime soon I'm afraid.

MMXX500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pedro
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500 21 Mach-E GT PE 22 Expd Stealth/F150 KR
Oroville Ford in Northern CA has 2 in stock. They won't sell or ship as they are holding them for service customers, but if anyone is local to them and needs an oil change call asap.

https://www.orovilleford.com/service.aspx

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
Ordered the last oil filter housing (w/filter) that AutoNation Ford had in stock. After changing oil last summer, I decided it is a good idea to have a spare housing on hand. The hex end seems a little soft & with age could fail.
A good way to score a filter and have a spare housing. #KR3Z-6A832-A

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Did the same thing, Mel but not for the filter. I got mine right after delivery in FEB20. After the first oil change, I just didn't see that housing end wearing well over time and ordered one.

Sponsored

MMXX500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pedro
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500 21 Mach-E GT PE 22 Expd Stealth/F150 KR
Palm Springs Ford in CA has a few filters in stock. They are hesitant to sell over the phone but said they will sell and ship to a Local Ford dealer if needed.

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
Well that sucks, I called AutoNation and verified 1 filter housing in stock, (in the gals hand), put it in my cart & placed the order. 7 hours later they email me that it is backordered.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
So I've been lucky enough to have watched some of this unfold between the supplier and Ford Parts and Service. Looks like shipments are now being made to get these into the servicing dealers' hands. Partial shipments, anyway, but something to move forward with.

I was shown where these are coming from.

666047002a-L.jpg

Mann + Hummel, a giant in the filtration business, took over Purolator in 2013.
https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...er-Purolator-Filters-Joint-Venture-from-Bosch

https://www.purolatornow.com/en/about-purolator.html

So your GT500 oil filter is actually a "Mann +Hummel Purolator Filters, LLC" filter manufactured exclusively for Ford. Funny thing is, if you go through Purolator's site looking for a '20 and later GT500 filter you won't have any confidence at all that what they have is a match for what they also make for Ford. I believe because at this point, the genuine Ford filter (from Mann...) is the only one that meets their own spec.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
So I've been lucky enough to have watched some of this unfold between the supplier and Ford Parts and Service. Looks like shipments are now being made to get these into the servicing dealers' hands. Partial shipments, anyway, but something to move forward with.

666047002a-L.jpg

https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...er-Purolator-Filters-Joint-Venture-from-Bosch

So your GT500 oil filter is actually a "Mann +Hummel Purolator Filters, LLC" filter manufactured exclusively for Ford. Funny thing is, if you go through Purolator's site looking for a '20 and later GT500 filter you won't have any confidence at all that what they have is a match for what they also make for Ford. I believe because at this point, the genuine Ford filter (from Mann...) is the only one that meets their own spec.
Some searching as you did on purolator's website yields 2 filters, a 5k mile and a 10k (15k if you do a search online for the part number).

From advanced auto's webpage for the purolator PL38154:

"Product Features:
  • Optimizes engine life for up to 15,000 miles
  • 99% Dirt Removal Power
  • Silicone anti-drainback valve protects against dry starts
  • Wear-resistant metal end caps and center tube
  • Re-engineered high-density synthetic blend media
  • Ideal for high mileage and synthetic blend oils"
Some of the photos show what is obviously a cellulose filter (with seemingly no internal frame/cage)

However, this appears to be a synthetic filter (on the box) and the photo on the box doesn't show a frame/cage.

Someone's gonna have to actually go buy one and see what's what.

purpl38154_1.jpg

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

666047002a-L.jpg

Interesting. Where are these filters manufactured?

Sponsored

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
Interesting. Where are these filters manufactured?
Seeing that it listed the location the filters coming from and a quick google, I am lead to believe they are made there.

Maybe give them a call and see if we can make a back door drop of "wholesale" filters, Wink Wink Nod Nod

Todd Turbo S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
GT500 1997 Porsche Turbo Raptor G63 Tesla CLK BS
My daughter overheard me talking about our oil filter shortage and track down this one for me. Helps ease the stress as I will be completing my first oil change shortly and then another one in about three-six months which helps to have one leftif this supple chain shortage continues for another year

BA5EB1AA-61FA-4430-8E0C-6B5012138880.jpeg

3AFC1A24-48BF-4D93-83CD-2548F25125D6.jpeg

5.2 L V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350
Guys,
For those looking for FL-2087, Gosch Ford Escondido (San Diego Area) has some. I just picked up 2 for my 350. They had about 8-10 in stock. I don't know if they will ship but you can inquire with Jake in parts. 760-294-2525. Good luck.
CJ

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS

666047002a-L.jpg

It would appear that your intel was spot on. The great oil filter drought is showing signs of ending. Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored