Sponsored

First string alignment

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
AWESOME and congrats. I thoroughly enjoy doing mine. It's a slow process - you'd never be able to make a living doing strings, lol - but you'll get faster every time as you run across new tricks.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I love seeing this! It really is more fun seeing how all the bits change as you make seemingly minor adjustments.

Enjoy, and it will go faster each time you do it!

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT, 07 Ford Taurus SE, 95 F250 Xlt
Any threads/DIY articles on how you built your set up? That looks awesome!

OP
OP

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
AWESOME and congrats. I thoroughly enjoy doing mine. It's a slow process - you'd never be able to make a living doing strings, lol - but you'll get faster every time as you run across new tricks.
Thanks, I agree. Looking forward to setting it back up and taking more time. Steering wheel got all whacked and I even used the holder so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

OP
OP

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
I love seeing this! It really is more fun seeing how all the bits change as you make seemingly minor adjustments.

Enjoy, and it will go faster each time you do it!
Exactly, for the most part I’ll be able to leave it together and marked so set-up would only be like 10 minutes including setting the car on the stand then fine tune.

Last edited:
OP
OP

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
Any threads/DIY articles on how you built your set up? That looks awesome!
Thanks, the string alignment is a kit from caliper garage however I did add a tube on top to make it more stable. I made my stands 2’ long so I could roll the car and 14” wide incase the car slide sideways and it moved a hell of a lot more than I expected which is a good thing. I highly recommend using LVP flooring for sliding purposes

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Steering wheel got all whacked and I even used the holder so 🤷🏻‍♂️

This happened to me every time when I started too. No matter what, if I tried to adjust toe with the car on the ground, it jacked up something; moved the wheel, etc. No matter what slick object I put under the wheels, it just didn't work for me.

It's a bit more time, but now I; measure, lift, adjust both sides as needed, lower, reset up, remeasure. Repeat as needed. Sounds like work, but I've gotten to where I know exactly how much ° toe every little flat on the toe rod will move the adjustments, so I'm making two adjustments at most. Seems like a lot, but since doing this way, I'm no longer chasing steering wheel center. I nail that every time.

OP
OP

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
Good to know, thanks for the tip….. When I set it back up I’ll try your method. I’m assuming you were only jacking up one side at a time doing it your way ?

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Good to know, thanks for the tip….. When I set it back up I’ll try your method. I’m assuming you were only jacking up one side at a time doing it your way ?
No. Car sits on a QuickJack lift. Straight up in the air to do whatever adjustments needed.

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
A QuickJack purchase is one of those life events where you gonna go “wtf have I been doing all this time…idiot!”

OP
OP

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
A QuickJack purchase is one of those life events where you gonna go “wtf have I been doing all this time…idiot!”
What model do you have. I only have 4-3/4” clearance. Some people have put rollers on the QJ and that’s something I would want to do as well.
Sponsored