Sponsored

Steeda Alignment Dowels -- Alignment

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Have these on the parts list, but with other stuff and plans, I'd really rather avoid trying to get an alignment right now. The instructions show loosening the whole cradle to get these in, but it seems I recall doing one or maybe two bolts at a time. This would prevent the cradle from shifting and negating an alignment. Can't find it.

Is that possible to get these in one or two bolts at a time, thus keeping the cradle relatively in place? My car drives great, wearing tires great; I'd rather leave it be until I move on to other parts on the list.
Sponsored

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Add on question...

Steeda sells alignment dowlels specifically to work with the BMR CB005 kit...does that mean the regular Steeda Dowels would work with the CB010? Would that require anything special?

Sevensixteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, MT-82, 2024 Bronco, Big Bend, SAS
Have these on the parts list, but with other stuff and plans, I'd really rather avoid trying to get an alignment right now. The instructions show loosening the whole cradle to get these in, but it seems I recall doing one or maybe two bolts at a time. This would prevent the cradle from shifting and negating an alignment. Can't find it.

Is that possible to get these in one or two bolts at a time, thus keeping the cradle relatively in place? My car drives great, wearing tires great; I'd rather leave it be until I move on to other parts on the list.
One bolt at a time & you’ll be fine

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
..........are these cars really suffering from misaligned rear ends? this is alarming.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

Sponsored

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
this makes me want to avoid the mustang....

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
this makes me want to avoid the mustang....
why? stop looking at the car as a finished product, but rather a LEGO toy that's mostly bolted up, and needs some large elements taken apart and put back together correctly. Or just print out "Quality is Job #1" on a big piece of paper and drape it over the hood so you too can daily remind yourself of the corporate motto, and brainwash yourself into believing it's actually true. Purple Drank optional.

Or just be reminded that this is the best that American Union labor can muster when supervised by American management, while the inbred hicks in TN/KY/AL far surpass that when managed by European and Japanese management.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
brand loyalty is for suckers.

Sponsored

Radar Doc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I installed the Steeda IRS subframe bushing support system along with the alignment dowels. Just installed one side and then the other as suggested in this document:

https://www.steeda.com/assets/images/documents/555-4437-B.pdf

Recommend threading the bolts several turns by hand before using a wrench, and only using hand tools and a torque wrench.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Try doing one bolt at a time. You could be lucky and the dowels and subframe threads might line up. Or you will find the dowels prevent the bolts from hand threading back into the subframe. I wasn't so lucky and had to drop the subframe completely (installed new coil springs at the same time so I wasn't too upset about that). Then I had to fiddle with it to get the bolts in. I used the pry-holes in the subframe metal as a guide lined them up with a large metal dowel. Then started with one bolt at the rear of the cradle, then did the other rear bolt on the other side. Then I did the two front bolts one at a time. This was the only way I could get it lined up. To tell you the truth it was a huge PITA.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
OP, if the alignment dowels don't slide in, your car is already out of alignment. These dowels fix that. Add to that you should probably add the subframe bushing supports and do it all at the same time to really lock in the rear of the car to the body.

The main reason to put these in is to get a better connected rear end feel for the track. They are on my list of "to do's" as a certain poster has pointed out in the CAMC thread. Honestly if I was street driving only, I wouldn't worry about having them installed.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I bought the alignment kit and it wasn’t even close with one bolt at a time. They all had to be loosened before I could even think about putting the bolts back in place.

Jbraun2828

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350
Mine were pretty close. Just do one side at a time. I also added the bushings and new springs so I needed an alignment after either way
Sponsored