Sponsored

Alignment

Comp550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I just changed my struts and shocks on my car and I wanted to see about how long does it take to settle so I can get an alignment?
Sponsored

spankybranch

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Geoffrey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2019 Edge ST, 2022 Mach1
Same springs on you changed them? New suspension settling is a topic with a lot of opinions 😂, I am in the camp that thinks it just takes a short drive to work the suspension and get everything seated … so pretty much the drive to the allignment shop should suffice.

OP
OP

Comp550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Same springs on you changed them? New suspension settling is a topic with a lot of opinions 😂, I am in the camp that thinks it just takes a short drive to work the suspension and get everything seated … so pretty much the drive to the allignment shop should suffice.
The same springs

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
It could be that you did not re-clock all the rubber bushings, as that is hard to DIY, and those won't really settle. But make sure the alignment shop re-clocks them before starting the process, because it is a lot easier to step under the car then.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
My experience is that 90% of settling is actually just needing to reclock the bushings at your new ride height…. Assuming your installer paid close attention to how the springs were sitting in their rubber isolators. If the installer just slapped things together then it might still need to settle a bit.

The springs themselved probably dont settle, but how they sit in their rubber isolators might settle in.

I waited a while for my new springs to settle and they didnt move a millimeter, but clocking the bushings is absolutely a thing which will change your ride height. Its easiest to do that on an alignment rack anyway.

Being not terribly scientific about it, I would take it to an alignment rack, have the bushings clocked, drive around the block twice to be sure, then set the alignment.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
It’s negligible.. give it a few minutes for your bushings to reset after you’ve torqued everything with load on the suspension. A day if you’re paranoid. But if I had to do an alignment right after an install I’d not think twice
Sponsored