Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah, 60 - 75 MPH on 20 - 25 posted public streets doesn't exactly change anything. What it proves is you were being reckless and idiotic, not a good driver.
Yeah, you're wrong. Move along.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Owner / mechanic loves to tell stories how he was a Nascar crew chief, mechanic for different teams and so on. He did not tighten inboard bolts of rear camber arms...
well why do you think NASCAR has so many crashes?

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, but $75 seems a little much.
My Chevy dealer charged me $6 for an oil change when I brought them everything. The Ford dealer charged me $25.
No offense meant...

But dealer labor rate (varies in different states) is roughly $100 an hour.

I'm surprised you got a Ford Dealer to install aftermarket parts.

The Chevy dealer charging you $6 an hour was eating some labor time - but most times large dealers don't have actual techs do oil changes. Most times the people doing oil changes, that's all they do. Did you have some type of extended warranty / service contract with them?

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
No, you misunderstand. I wasn't talking about the Dragon in that sentence. I was speaking about my local roads with posted limits of 20-25mph.
I have nothing to prove.
Cheers.😁
Other than you are one of those that give the rest of us a bad rep. Keep in mind that your statement is now forever cast in stone. Even if you delete your post.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Any brake job down the road will be done by them anyway so it's they're problem to worry about the red locktite.
it will be when they round it off. Buy yourself 4 new bolts and have them in your toolbox for next time. And have them chase the threads.

Last edited:

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry don't know what a canyon carver is?
I will be going to VIR
and possibly the drag strip although I'm a little paranoid about snapping by drive sharts.

When I was driving Tail of the Dragon my rear end would whip out. After these mods I am planted like a Pancake. I was taking twjsties at 3 times posted limit today. I'm not an idiot. I know how to drive. I'm very good.

My only other mod is Castor/Camber plates going on next week.

So, along with the Mishimoto coolant tank and hoses that will be extent of my mods.

Fo now. 😁
I don't think this is going to go the way you think it's going to.

Just saying.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
He didn't make up a story. At first he said it looked like the bolt came loose while driving. Then as they were checking the other bolts he said to that he didn't know what happened. And the look on his face said he was very worried that he had made a mistake.
Of course I am going on the limited into I have that you provided. I guess what I am getting at is that there isn't some big mystery and it wasn't because the locktite failed. Why they went to the red stuff is anyone's guess. A properly installed and torqued bolt will not just work it's way out.

It's akin to "the gun just went off". No it didn't, your booger pick was on the bang button and it went off!

Reactions: kz
OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Other than you are one of those that give the rest of us a bad rep. Keep in mind that your statement is now forever cast in stone. Even if you delete your post.
But I actually don't. You're judging something when you don't have the facts. I stand by my statements.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
No offense meant...

But dealer labor rate (varies in different states) is roughly $100 an hour.

I'm surprised you got a Ford Dealer to install aftermarket parts.

The Chevy dealer charging you $6 an hour was eating some labor time - but most times large dealers don't have actual techs do oil changes. Most times the people doing oil changes, that's all they do. Did you have some type of extended warranty / service contract with them?
No, they're just a country Chevy dealer.
Not sure what aftermarket parts you're referring to.
The guy that did the oil change change was their Corvette mechanic.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But I actually don't. You're judging something when you don't have the facts. I stand by my statements.
You said you were going 3X posted. If you get busted they will hit you with a reckless driving charge for 75 in a 25 (at least they absolutely could and probably should).

No judgement, just sayin.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I understand.
You said you were going 3X posted. If you get busted they will hit you with a reckless driving charge for 75 in a 25 (at least they absolutely could and probably should).

No judgement, just sayin.
But you don't know the roads I'm driving on. There is absolutely zero chance to get 'busted'. These are major twistes in the middle of nowhere. No side roads. No houses. My buddy clears the road ahead of me then calls me and gives me the all clear.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My buddy clears the road ahead of me then calls me and gives me the all clear.
and nothing could possibly change from the time your 'bud' started his run, made his call, and you starting your run.

There's these nifty places called VIR and CMP. You should try them. But at least we know where to find a (once was) nice orange Mustang should you end up in a ditch injured. What's the ambulance response time to your little hidey-hole?

Typical posted is about 1/2 to 2/3 the engineered limit and assumes perfect conditions. Work on correct execution, not outright speed.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
and nothing could possibly change from the time your 'bud' started his run, made his call, and you starting your run.

There's these nifty places called VIR and CMP. You should try them. But at least we know where to find a (once was) nice orange Mustang should you end up in a ditch injured. What's the ambulance response time to your little hidey-hole?

Typical posted is about 1/2 to 2/3 the engineered limit and assumes perfect conditions. Work on correct execution, not outright speed.
I'd be more worried about animals.

I once ran over a big possum while riding my bike years ago on a favorite curvy road that had almost ZERO traffic in the early morning weekends. It was 30+ miles from any place bigger than 3K people. If I had tried to avoid the animal, I likely wouldn't be typing right now. As it was, hitting that thing my bike at 50+ mph was a pucker moment. Almost as bad as watching my buddy in front of me years later take a BIRD to the helmet (with cracked open face shield) at interstate speeds.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd be more worried about animals.

I once ran over a big possum while riding my bike years ago on a favorite curvy road that had almost ZERO traffic in the early morning weekends. It was 30+ miles from any place bigger than 3K people. If I had tried to avoid the animal, I likely wouldn't be typing right now. As it was, hitting that thing my bike at 50+ mph was a pucker moment. Almost as bad as watching my buddy in front of me years later take a BIRD to the helmet (with cracked open face shield) at interstate speeds.
I took a bird to the helmet at speed. Made gouge marks in my helmet!

Got hit by lots of things. The worst was the bumble bee down my collar, second to lit cigarette butts from assholes not paying attention. A lit cig to the chest at 65 MPH makes some fancy sparks!
Sponsored