Steering wheel crisis averted.

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
My car has a heated steering wheel. No idea how to rurn it on/off yet. Still pretty much a a virgin as far as knowing the ins and outs of my ride. Showing 245mi. on the clock. Come on sunny days!
Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
My car has a heated steering wheel. No idea how to rurn it on/off yet. Still pretty much a a virgin as far as knowing the ins and outs of my ride. Showing 245mi. on the clock. Come on sunny days!
On infotainment home screen, right lower quarter of screen you'll see a icon that looks like a old grant steering wheel. touch it, when it turns red it is on, heating the wheel, when gray it is off,.
Hope this helps.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
o/p nice mod, only one that has to like it is you.
Hope the material holds up for you.

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
On infotainment home screen, right lower quarter of screen you'll see a icon that looks like a old grant steering wheel. touch it, when it turns red it is on, heating the wheel, when gray it is off,.
Hope this helps.
One more problem solved. Thanks.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
To address your list, the aesthetics and feel of the wheel is why I did it. Same reason some folks paint flames on their cars. Does that make it go faster or add any tangible benefit? No.

2B2754F0-4D4C-4A0F-95A7-FB946B408395.jpeg

Here's my 90 year old car that has not required a steering wheel replacement or flames or bigger wheels and tiresā€¦. It still goes from a to b.

Insert pot & kettle.jpeg here.

Good day.

And these are my 90-year-olds with modifications that actually do enhance all the attributes, & driving experience from point A 2 B :question:

And no the steering wheels are not stock, and do not still look factory rock on.

DSCN4471.JPG

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Nice wheel.

You went all leather no stripe.

This thread has me really liking these wheels! Now I canā€™t decideā€¦ not a carbon fiber guy. So, a mix of perforated leather, regular leather and alcantra. But what to put where? Does the alcantra wear faster?

Iā€™ve been emailing the company from Todd @StangTime linked to. They can do everything. Stripe or no stripe?

Decisions decisionsā€¦
I would use only 2 materials otherwise it could look too "busy". Maybe perf on the sides and smooth leather on the top and bottom. Alcantara is really nice but it wears fast, even if cleaned regularly due to the constant interaction with your hands. Stripe or not is up to you. I think it breaks up the large top curve. A little something extra.

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
And these are my 90-year-olds with modifications that actually do enhance all the attributes, & driving experience from point A 2 B :question:

And no the steering wheels are not stock, and do not still look factory rock on.

DSCN4471.JPG
I saw them, hence the comment. I was illustrating the irony. They are cool, but the same thing you are upset enough to comment about people doing to their newer mustangs is exactly what you have done to old cars.
To each their own on car mods and Iā€™ll agree to šŸ¤˜.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I saw them, hence the comment. I was illustrating the irony. They are cool, but the same thing you are upset enough to comment about people doing to their newer mustangs is exactly what you have done to old cars.
To each their own on car mods and Iā€™ll agree to šŸ¤˜.

Take my word for it, not upset, was shooting darts at a moronic post that came later.

All good for sure :champagne:

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT