favorite mustang engine sound?

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
Hopefully im not starting another "auto vs manual" beat-it-to-death thread but just as title says, what's yours? and not trying to start a war or debate, just subjective opinions. was thinking about it driving to work. ive always loved the sounds of SBFs, mostly heard in foxes, can usually tell what it is without even seeing that car. i have a fairly common setup in my 95 5.0, E 303 cam, shorties, o/r X, 2 chamber flows. the idle of it by far beats the coyote, again just my opinion only! but the coyote, once the rpms get up, just sounds better and better. definitely two different sounding engines, both great in their own way. i dont know if i can pick. the rumbling stop light idle, or the 4k and up scream.

always really liked how the 4.6 DOHC motors sounded too. the 03/04 cobras seemed to have this distinct "burbling" idle sound that i loved, the coyote doesnt seem to have it (or else i dont notice it as much, maybe it's S550 exhaust setup vs SN95) even though the 4.6 is more closely related to the coyote than the SBFs.

What say ya'll????

Mods- not sure if i put this in the proper sub-forum, if not, my apologies, feel free to move it!
Sponsored

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
To crush the manual drivers, see them driving behind me, and hear their lamentations about driver engagement :crackup:

Seriously though, the Coyote is my favorite. I'm incredibly biased because of what's sitting in the garage. I love cold starts and WOT runs in tunnels. Downshifts and 7000 rpm and everything in between.

OP
OP
331GT

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
It's gotta be the VooDoo.................

I have yet to hear a voodoo in real life. I really want to. ive watched youtube videos and saw a few with side by side comparisons to coyotes but you never get the full sense via video. hopefully soon!

To crush the manual drivers, see them driving behind me, and hear their lamentations about driver engagement :crackup:

Seriously though, the Coyote is my favorite. I'm incredibly biased because of what's sitting in the garage. I love cold starts and WOT runs in tunnels. Downshifts and 7000 rpm and everything in between.
i do love the cold starts, i will admit that. the pushrod 5.0s dont seems to have quite as drastic of a difference. at least mine never has, maybe i need to hear more. I do the same thing in tunnels with both of mine, ha. have to!

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It's tough for me, it's between the Coyote and the 4.6L 32V. The Voodoo is up there as well, but the Coyote has a nice blend of some of that Voodoo scream up top, while being mean and deep down low, at least with the right exhaust setup. Voodoo sounds best if you're going balls to the wall, but as an overall thing I like the other motors a bit more.

Sponsored

emcmtony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 Saleen Mustang S302 White Label
My favorite sound is downshifting the Coyote Engine in a tunnel...the sound is incredible and it definitely wakes anyone else around up.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
The tick, its definitely got to be the tick ... :giggle:

Never has a noise sparked so much emotion in the mustang world as the tick ... :cwl:

WD :like:

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
waiting patiently to respond if I take delivery in September. I did like the burbling of my previous S197 06 GT. I'm hoping I'll like the coyote with act valve exhaust. Its a Mustang, what's not to like.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Actually, my stock 2005 Mustang GT.....

Mostly just because it was my first Mustang, and I was a bit younger and the experience was eye-opening.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I feel attacked :crackup:
I switched to a manual because it came with a Voodoo

(nice Conan quote, by the way, but I don't think that's how it goes exactly)

groove93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Brown
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I'm also in the same boat, as I've never heard a Voodoo in person. However, I do love when I go to the local Trash/Scraps drop off, get out the car, pop the trunk, and my exhaust note is just..................................

Magony15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP Base/Prem, 2009 Ram 1500
5.0 roller cam with Dynomax mufflers was one of the best. Coyote with muffler delete at 6500 rpm, one of the worst.
Sponsored