Failed Emissions on New Ecoboost?

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
There are a few counties in CA that don't require smog checks at all, regardless of age. Lake county is one.
Must be nice.
In Georgia there are really only a few counties that have to get emissions checked and most of those are near Atlanta.
Sponsored

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
Not sure how I'm getting hosed. I take mine once a year, guy actually performs a service and I pay him $18.
You, on the other hand, pay $25 to someone for absolutely nothing. So who is really getting hosed here?
Oh, please. I never thought I'd ever hear someone here say they'd rather take their car in to be smogged every year and pay $18 or never take in in for 8 years and pay $25.

Worst post ever.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
You said you played $25 each year.
How is that better?

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
You guys are getting f'ed! What a pain in the ass!
Here is good old Commie-fornia, we don't have to smog a new car for 8 years! And then only every other year after that.
It was 6 years, but they changed it to 8 last year. You do have to pay a $25 fee each year.
Yup!
Massachusetts,...land of the looney liberals, that's why! lol
I pay 35 bucks per vehicle once a year. :crazy: :giggle:

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Here in Toronto they stopped emission testing.

But yeah, reflash to stock and drive around for an hour or two so the sensors can be read.

Had to do that when I had my Civic. Got a CEL just as I was going to do my emissions test. Disconnected the battery and reconnected then drove around for an hour then did my test and passed.

Sponsored

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
You said you played $25 each year.
How is that better?
It's better because I don't have to get my car smogged for 8 years.
If I only paid $18 a year to not get smogged would that change your mind?

Enjoy taking your car in every year!

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
You're paying $25 a year for absolutely nothing, nothing at all, and you're acting like I'm the stupid one?

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Well if he’s required by law to pay $25 every year for nothing the best thing he can do is move elsewhere. Maybe he likes where he lives and the benefits of living there outweigh the negatives.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Well here in Florida we don't have them dumb tests. That shit is not required here.

OP
OP
BoostedScarlett

BoostedScarlett

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Ecoboost
Flashed OST 93 tune and all the sensors came on except for the catalyst.. switched to stage 0 stock tune for another attempt. To go full stock do I have to unmarry the AP?

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Flashed OST 93 tune and all the sensors came on except for the catalyst.. switched to stage 0 stock tune for another attempt. To go full stock do I have to unmarry the AP?
Please speak Engrish.

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Some states allow for one sensor to be "not ready", I got away with this in NJ a few times.

The real question is, is "stage 0" actually "stock", I already have questions since your tuner said he doesn't touch the sensors yet your car won't set them to ready.

Check your state laws see if they allow for one sensor to be "not ready", drive around and keep an eye on the monitors to see if they set. Be prepared to go 100% back to the stock tune if need be.

OP
OP
BoostedScarlett

BoostedScarlett

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Ecoboost
Some states allow for one sensor to be "not ready", I got away with this in NJ a few times.

The real question is, is "stage 0" actually "stock", I already have questions since your tuner said he doesn't touch the sensors yet your car won't set them to ready.

Check your state laws see if they allow for one sensor to be "not ready", drive around and keep an eye on the monitors to see if they set. Be prepared to go 100% back to the stock tune if need be.
Well I gave up on the stage 0 and am now back to full stock, no tune at all. That really should get rid of any variables that would keep the sensors being stuck on a not ready status. I should go through a few drive cycles today. The stage 0 tune seemed to work except the EVAP system was the only one that would not come back on. Fingers crossed this fixed it.

BLU-PNY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Mustang premium vert, 2016 F-150 XLT 4x4, 2006 Mazda Miata
Just curious about how a "Burble Tune" actually achieves the "burble" - does it create an intermittent overly lean or rich condition to do so?
Sponsored