F-150 Manifold Testing/Journey

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
so i gotta be honest i did this mod last year and have loved it. finally took my car to the strip and i do think its lacking on the top end. i have noticed that when you originally put on the f150 manifold you def notice that increase in low end but going back to stock i have to say that i dont really feel the loss of low end just the increase in top end again. i do think that for a daily that never sees the strip that its prob okay but i do honestly feel faster with the stock mani on again. it doesnt hit as hard in the low end but one downshift and you are out of that range where the f150 shines so the stock does seem to actually be faster.
You think that has top end, try the 18 manifold or GT350 manifold.
Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
You think that has top end, try the 18 manifold or GT350 manifold.
oh im sure those will shine even brighter no doubt but after my couple runs at the track i had to go back and try out the stock again and going back to stock i really dont feel the loss of torque that you originally felt but also feel faster in general.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
oh im sure those will shine even brighter no doubt but after my couple runs at the track i had to go back and try out the stock again and going back to stock i really dont feel the loss of torque that you originally felt but also feel faster in general.
The only loss of torque for my car is because the locked IMRCs, and only in tall gear/low rpm. I have to be in 6th and less than 2000 rpm. Otherwise, no perceivable difference in torque below 3500-4000, and more than stock from there on.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
The only loss of torque for my car is because the locked IMRCs, and only in tall gear/low rpm. I have to be in 6th and less than 2000 rpm. Otherwise, no perceivable difference in torque below 3500-4000, and more than stock from there on.
the only reason i included that finding was because when we first made the switch to the f150 manifold that increase in torque is how a lot of us are justifying it. but im finding that going back to stock you dont feel the loss and it just feels faster even in normal day to day driving even when im not wringing out the rpms. not trying to sway anyone one way of the next. its everyones personal choice and personal preference but coming from someone who was all about and tried it and went back i figured i should share. my next track outing will be telling whether it made that much difference

Sponsored

jpadilla05.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt
the only reason i included that finding was because when we first made the switch to the f150 manifold that increase in torque is how a lot of us are justifying it. but im finding that going back to stock you dont feel the loss and it just feels faster even in normal day to day driving even when im not wringing out the rpms. not trying to sway anyone one way of the next. its everyones personal choice and personal preference but coming from someone who was all about and tried it and went back i figured i should share. my next track outing will be telling whether it made that much difference
Curious to see what times you ran with the f150 manifold vs going back to stock a d what mods, if you dont mind me asking

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Curious to see what times you ran with the f150 manifold vs going back to stock a d what mods, if you dont mind me asking
mods in sig but it wasnt great haha i think my best so far on all season tires is 13.2. ive only ran the car 4 times total and this is the first car ive ever dragged. first time out i spun 1st-3rd and my 60' is garbage

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
@kluke15 - thanks for sharing the perception going back. I do SOMETIMES miss the top end of the GT mani but I ALWAYS enjoy the low to mid range of the F150 but I'm curious to perhaps go back just for kicks.

I'm now even more curious about the '18+ mani .... wonder of Livernois tunes for the '18+ mani on a '15-'17. Calling @Livernois Motorsports ...

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
@kluke15 - thanks for sharing the perception going back. I do SOMETIMES miss the top end of the GT mani but I ALWAYS enjoy the low to mid range of the F150 but I'm curious to perhaps go back just for kicks.

I'm now even more curious about the '18+ mani .... wonder of Livernois tunes for the '18+ mani on a '15-'17. Calling @Livernois Motorsports ...
What about giving the 2018 F150 mani a try? Even more low to mid range power and a less severe drop off of power after 5,500-6,000rpms.

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
so i gotta be honest i did this mod last year and have loved it. finally took my car to the strip and i do think its lacking on the top end. i have noticed that when you originally put on the f150 manifold you def notice that increase in low end but going back to stock i have to say that i dont really feel the loss of low end just the increase in top end again. i do think that for a daily that never sees the strip that its prob okay but i do honestly feel faster with the stock mani on again. it doesnt hit as hard in the low end but one downshift and you are out of that range where the f150 shines so the stock does seem to actually be faster.
Unless you have actual data to support your claims, this could all be down to the placebo effect?

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
What about giving the 2018 F150 mani a try? Even more low to mid range power and a less severe drop off of power after 5,500-6,000rpms.
You know if it wasn't an issue with getting it tuned I just may have,

Back to the GT mani, just got back from visiting an hour away for the day and I don't wanna mess with a good thing I think as the car is just so good as it stands. Switching the vacuum lines over etc is just a bit of a pain that I think I'll just leave well enough alone.

I've got a buddy coming over at some point 1 weekend for me to install his rock guards on his car and he's got a '17 GT with the Ford Performance power pack 2. When he was over last year before I put the F150 mani on we switched car's and went for about a half hour drive and I can remember both car's drove and felt nearly identical.

He doesn't know I've got the F150 mani on and we'll do a switch again and I'll see if I get an unsolicited "what did you do to your car" response from him at all after he drives mine.

Reactions: A7X

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
Cool beans Lou!

I'm looking forward to seeing your Beast one day - been a fun insane Canada Day weekend.

I had my AEM dryfilter and mishi tube (found one used a while back) out for my dealer oil changes. The car felt good but a tad restrained.

Put the AEM and mishi back in and it flies again. So nice!! It's just amazing how it picks up speed without WOT and the IATs when moving are only 3 degrees above ambient temps vs the 10 or so I saw from the stock air filter

I've got a F150 mani still in the box from a good member here. Will get around to porting it and maybe putting it in if I get the ok from my performance guy at the dealer. Otherwise it will be a project for after the warranty runs out

Cheers